GDT: Los Angeles Kings vs Montreal Canadiens 11/10/16 7:30pm EST SN360, RDS, TSN 690

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Doing it tonight, while not doing for the... prior months, would feel very odd.

I didnt even realize people planned on dooing it tonight lol

I remember when people booed it in the aftermath of the Iraq War and people (well don cherry) got salty over it....

Jul 6, 2016
Booing a national anthem, your own or a foreign one, is stupid. Just shut up and sit if you do't like it.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005

I remember when people booed it in the aftermath of the Iraq War and people (well don cherry) got salty over it....

I don't know if there were indeed such plans. I'm just saying it... well, possible.

antoniojr

pretty mint.
Feb 21, 2008

I'm not sure anyone is 'planning' to boo it tonight but it seems a touchy subject in this thread.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
never understood people who get upset over it honestly. If you wanna boo oh canada be my guest

People are too sensitive. Kaepernick was threatened and screamed at because he put one knee down during the national anthem. Yet, we live in countries where freedom of expression exists.

I don't really care about national anthems.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
No, but he can easily be our 3rd-line center and pitch in offensively with at least 30-40 points a season, imo. He's a beast.

Err...dude has a career high of 6 pts...there is absolutely no data that points to him 'easily' being our 3rd line C and potting 'at least' 30-40 pts. Unless, of course, he's some elite player in hiding, i.e. an Eller WITH the toolbox as well as the tools...

antoniojr

pretty mint.
Feb 21, 2008
People are too sensitive. Kaepernick was threatened and screamed at because he put one knee down during the national anthem. Yet, we live in countries where freedom of expression exists*.

*only if it correlates with the majority

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
People are too sensitive. Kaepernick was threatened and screamed at because he put one knee down during the national anthem. Yet, we live in countries where freedom of expression exists.

Well, don't understand too much but those down south are a wee bit more (as in way waaaaay more) patriotic than us Canadians...

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Gonna miss most of this one. Big evening. Hopefully I'll catch the 3rd period.

I wouldn't mind a loss, as long as it's a very low-scoring, tight game. More concerned about the defensive structure than the record right now.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Pateryn was brutal the last game. I still would not sit him against the Kings. I see no upside in sitting a big Physical Dman against a big Physical team. MT knows best.

DD with 0 points in 9 games is warranted.

He is more effective on the 3rd line. Habs have not been the same since they put DD with Pacioretty.

Still not sure where Shaw fits....

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I'd be furious if I was Pateryn.

I don't get this move, Pateryn has played pretty well. The guy must be so pissed about being here, the last couple of years he's been so patient and now that he is playing pretty well he still get's scratched. Unless they're trying to showcase someone, there shouldn't be any reason for this move.

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
Rough scan of tonights lineups (outside the crease)...average height and weight

Kings 6'2 208
Habs 6' 0.5 195

Kings average about a year older then the Habs. (close to 29).

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Will they embarrass us again and ask ''Please don't boo the anthem of your captain Max Pacioretty''

Obama had a pass in the last few years and people were quiet despite being at war longer than any president in United States history. With the return of a President that's socially acceptable to laugh at i expect the masses to show their lack of common sense once again and that is why i support the idea to remove the anthems at sporting events.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
This is one game that I dread. Kings have the team to pounce on our weaknesses.

Let's hope Price is up to the task of facing 40+ shots again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad