London Knights 2023 - 24 Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Of course he is a liability, his role made hum that, his mean objection was not to score or prevent goals, when he did, that was bonus.

With playoffs approaching his play and role will change and deviate, he will be more concentrated on the game and on his ice responsibility, his protecting role will be alot lest demanding of him. Playoffs hockey does this to you automatically. Brandon Prust is who comes to mind, don't know what year it was, he was brought in for one specific job had some 200+ penalty season minutes, his sinbox minute down by half and I think he double up his point production in the playoffs as well, I'd have to look it up

I've checked. It's 2004 I am refering, don't know what happened in 2005 as it went all out of wack his Memorial Cup playoffs run . lol
Comparing Bolton to Prust??????.......that's a big stretch. A huge stretch. Different players and situations when signed.
Kelly Thompson would be a better comparison.
And I'm not a huge Prust fan now, and I think SB is fine on this squad n glad he is here so it's not that.

Prust did not play SBs role thou.....another on the Memorial Cup roster no longer with us did. And that team had toughness thru out the roster.
Prust earned trust, responsibility and PT as a FA. Walked into Mark's office and said he would not only make the team but would climb up the F group over a few years. And he did earn it. Moved up the roster. Played a mid 6 F role much better than SB ever can/could. He was trusted to shadow Crosby FFS in the Memorial Cup. Can't see that with SB.

I posted months ago, glad SB is here but come POs after Rd1 his role will be limited more than it is now with limited PT on the 4th line or watching fromnthe stands. Prust earned reg minutes.....just a hard comparison to appreciate.

Last edited:

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Comparing Bolton to Prust??????.......that's a big stretch. A huge stretch. Different players and situations when signed. As a season ticket holder since 99 (who missed 3 games total from 1999-2014 its not even close)
Kelly Thompson would be a better comparison.
And I'm not a huge Prust fan now, and I think SB is fine on this squad n glad he is here so it's not that.

Prusts did not play SBs role thou.....another on the Memorial Cup roster no longer with us did. And that team had toughness thru out the roster.
Prust earned trust, responsibility and PT as a FA. Walked into Mark's office and said he would not only make the team but would climb up the F group over a few years. And he did earn it. Moved up the roster. Played a mid 6 F role much better than SB ever can/could. He was trusted to shadow Crosby FFS in the Memorial Cup. Can't see that with SB.

I posted months ago, glad SB is here but come POs after Rd1 his role will be limited more than it is now with limited PT on the 4th line. Prust earned reg minutes.....just a hard comparison to appreciate.
I did not compared Boulton to Prust, only their role on their respected teams

Prust is only used as an example of one of many of the similar style, we are talking team enforcer roles and how their plays do change as well when playoffs hockey comes around

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
I watched the Guelph/Saginaw game yesterday, and saw a Storm team that works hard, has solid goaltending, but doesn't generate much offence 5 on 5. Even still, the Knights will have to be on their game to earn the 2 points Wednesday night. Saginaw was playing a 3 in 3, I think, some fatigue no doubt. The Spirit are a very good, explosive team. However, in my limited viewings, I still think the Soo are the better team, and would win in a 7-game series. The Soo play well in Saginaw, Saginaw plays well in the Soo. The Spirit give up more quality scoring chances than the Soo (again, my limited viewings).

Reactions: Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I watched the Guelph/Saginaw game yesterday, and saw a Storm team that works hard, has solid goaltending, but doesn't generate much offence 5 on 5. Even still, the Knights will have to be on their game to earn the 2 points Wednesday night. Saginaw was playing a 3 in 3, I think, some fatigue no doubt. The Spirit are a very good, explosive team. However, in my limited viewings, I still think the Soo are the better team, and would win in a 7-game series. The Soo play well in Saginaw, Saginaw plays well in the Soo. The Spirit give up more quality scoring chances than the Soo (again, my limited viewings).
I watched it as well, i agree, Guelph has problems finishing around the net, no problems getting there thought. They do have a good team defensive system in place, that could be problem in first round for other teams

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
I was at game Saturday and Bruiz went off with Matt the trainer and never seen him back . Anybody see what happened or did Stubbsy mention anything?

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Is barkey eligible for ahl next season? If so, we could be looking at losing barkey, Cowan, and overages at minimum

Barkey Cowan Bonk are NHL or OHL only as that would be their 19 year. Halttunen is eligible for AHL but likely not ready 5 on 5.

Reactions: LDN

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
I know it's been posted before but appreciate any feedback. Out of provincexworking and too lazy to look lol.
Where do season tic holders post tics for resale? A friend is looking for 4 this Friday.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Just arrived today. Third Syvret game worn ( Also have Knights and Ducks)

Attachments

• 20240305_181754.jpg
    20240305_181754.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240305_181650.jpg
    20240305_181650.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 5

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Parker Vaughan (F), Elgin-Middlesex Chiefs, might be a player to watch in the Priority Selection. Not sure if he'll be around when the Knights pick. He's also putting up impressive numbers with the St. Thomas Stars (Jr. B), averaging close to 2 points a game.

Reactions: LDN and rve24

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Parker Vaughan (F), Elgin-Middlesex Chiefs, might be a player to watch in the Priority Selection. Not sure if he'll be around when the Knights pick. He's also putting up impressive numbers with the St. Thomas Stars (Jr. B), averaging close to 2 points a game.
Good to know. Lockhart kid looks good also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad