London Knights 2023 - 24 Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Just my observation, the Knights had a great game last night! 5 posts/crossbars!

Pulling the goalie at 11:00 minutes and scoring two goals was so Dale!

Sometimes the bounces don’t go your way, don’t worry about it, Oshawa would be destroyed in a 7 game series.

Let’s go beat Kitchener again and feel all is right with the world.
May be so, there is a reason they needed to pull their goalie with 9 minutes left.

Despite winning that many games of late, teams are learning how to play London and their sloowfoot defense, unfortunately

London will be fine on offence, buL are losing too many winnable battles and puck control in the D-zone, not so fine there. Speed goes both ways

They are the best defending team now, how is it going to be when teams moves their plays up a notch or two? Are they going to need to remove their goalie for the whole third period?

Last edited:

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
May be so, there is a reason they needed to pull their goalie with 9 minutes left.

Despite winning that many games of late, teams are learning how to play London and their sloowfoot defense, unfortunately

London will be fine on offence, buL are losing too many winnable battles and puck control in the D-zone, not so fine there. Speed goes both ways

They are the best defending team now, how is it going to be when teams moves their plays up a notch or two? Are they going to need to remove their goalie for the whole third period?

We must be watching different teams, knights defense is stifling! Spreading out the neutral zone, limiting chances to the perimeter and contributing offensively. This is the best defense I have ever seen, they are allowed to lose game they should have won, shit happens.

Reactions: Peachkings1922

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Very tough to blame Simpson, he was his usual self and did not really had that bad of a game. Considering 2 were deflections and 2 were players left all alone in front of him and one was an empty-netter, only one he would have likely want seeing it back in my opinion. He had some good saves as well, slow pacing team defense in the D-zone seemed to give them lots of problem

I just wish the Knights had the same energy getting back as they do going forward. I understand saving some energy in high tempo games, but saving it while going back to retrieve the puck is not working for them at the moment with fast teams. Hurry back to get puck position, then play the keep away game while resting up as they are planning the next plan of attack. IMHO.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
We must be watching different teams, knights defense is stifling! Spreading out the neutral zone, limiting chances to the perimeter and contributing offensively. This is the best defense I have ever seen, they are allowed to lose game they should have won, shit happens.
You are absolutely right, we are watching a different game.

Not every team plays the fast skating energy game like the Soo, Erie, Ottawa Oshawa and possibly Owen Sound if they ever put it together, some teams have no problems with them, but the Knights do.

Most teams in this league do have the fairly quick execution as they should at this level, the Knights D game have little problem with them, it's the fast skating teams that is giving them all kinds of problems in their D-zone only.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
20240229_210042.jpg

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Reactions: Holden Caufield

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Dickinson is amazing! Such a complete player. Best Knights D?
Great player with a great future, he still has alot of work to do yet, meanly on his mobility and his decision making on when to or not pinch in. He's in the Evan Bouchard mold

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
Knights played too nonchalant tonight. Their constant winning is gone to their head. They need to face some adversity before the playoffs. It was also Dickinsons worst game of the season.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Knights lose 4-3 to the Rangers in overtime

Definitely a mental victory as well for Kitchener,

Seen some better effort by the Knights

We're back losing faceoffs again

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Knights loses 4-3 to the Rangers in overtime

Definitely a mental victory as well for Kitchener,

Seen some better effort by the Knights

We're back losing faceoffs again
First place is in jeopardy

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
More than the first place is in play, their team work ethics as well

The need to be a lot more puck hungrier that we've seen the last few games if they want first place

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Section 111
Who's wearing #3? I don't recognize the kid in Dickinson's jersey.
He's had a few off games in a row. He will get it out of his system. My opinion hes the best D in the league and the most complete I've seen play for the Knights. He plays well above his years....very mature for his age so maybe we forget how young he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad