London Knights 2023 - 24 Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobHockey

Jul 9, 2015
Okay…. What’s our record against them this season?
Have you ever played the game? If you are afraid of your opponent you might as well not even step on the ice. You can certainly respect an opponent.

Reactions: Otto

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Okay…. What’s our record against them this season?
Doesn't make a difference.. by that logic the Rangers and Storm are afraid of London... they are not. Nobody is afraid of London and London isn't afraid of anyone. You don't get to this level of hockey by being afraid

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
Willmore starts... No one consulted me, but that would be my choice too.
Smart choice considering the Sting are playing with three regular d-men, a guy who's played one OHL game, and a forward on our back end tonight. I'd be surprised if you guys don't put 10 on us tonight

Reactions: zman77

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
It has been a little while, but Nicholl still has the big smile to show us makes it 5-0

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Section 111
Are teams able to fight (pardon the pun) a fighting major call and have it brought down to Fight-Inst Upon MAJOR 5:00? Hall clearly instigated the fight on McCue but there was no call. With suspensions being part of having too many fights is this this review able?

Reactions: dino200022

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
No d
No disrespect intended. Simpson hasn't been sharp lately, and Willmore a capNable backup.
No disrespect, the Knights has not been sharpe defensively as a team, just like this Wainwright goal just now. 6-1 London

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
Are teams able to fight (pardon the pun) a fighting major call and have it brought down to Fight-Inst Upon MAJOR 5:00? Hall clearly instigated the fight on McCue but there was no call. With suspensions being part of having too many fights is this this review able?
How Hall doesn’t get the instigator is beyond me. He threw 3-4 punches before McCue even had his gloves off.

I know this is a developmental league for both players and refs but there needs to be a level of consistency with the officials and we have not seen that in the past couple months.

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Great player with a great future, he still has alot of work to do yet, meanly on his mobility and his decision making on when to or not pinch in. He's in the Evan Bouchard mold
This couldn’t be more inaccurate. Dickinson’s main issue (and scouts confirm this) is his decision making with passes, not pinching. And he is NOTHING like Bouchard. Bouchard was basically a 4th forward out there who was actually terrible in his own end. That’s a huge slight to compare Dickinson to Bouchard as a defenceman. Their success may be comparable, but that’s where the comparison ends.

dino200022

This couldn’t be more inaccurate. Dickinson’s main issue (and scouts confirm this) is his decision making with passes, not pinching. And he is NOTHING like Bouchard. Bouchard was basically a 4th forward out there who was actually terrible in his own end. That’s a huge slight to compare Dickinson to Bouchard as a defenceman. Their success may be comparable, but that’s where the comparison ends.

Agreed, Bouchard was the better offensive player all around by a slim margin. Dickinson is a far better skater and defensive player by a WIDE margin.

Parekh reminds me a lot of Bouchard, mediocre defensive game with top notch offensive instincts and skill. But tends to fold and play a shy game when the game gets physical.

Dickinson reminds me more of Pietrangelo in his Niagara days.. very good offensively but very defensively responsible and plays with an above average physicality level.

Reactions: LDN and Knights77

dino200022

How Hall doesn’t get the instigator is beyond me. He threw 3-4 punches before McCue even had his gloves off.

I know this is a developmental league for both players and refs but there needs to be a level of consistency with the officials and we have not seen that in the past couple months.

This may be a developmental league, but Sean Reid has reffed over 1000 OHL games...no excuse for him not calling the instigator other than he was scared to give London another PP while dominating the game and being up 4-0.

There is a reason why he has reffed over 1000 OHL games, because he has never been good enough to stick at a higher level plain and simple.

Reid was also the official this season during the Kingston/Soo game when the Soo scored the tying goal with 6 players on the ice for almost 20 seconds with the goalie in the net. The guy is a joke and should barely be allowed to ref Peewee's.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
More Will'more' please! Throw him back in today. During last night's broadcast, Doyle mentioned that Simpson struggled in net for Peterborough last season, losing something like 7 of his last 8 home games before going on a tear in the post-season.

dino200022

More Will'more' please! Throw him back in today. During last night's broadcast, Doyle mentioned that Simpson struggled in net for Peterborough last season, losing something like 7 of his last 8 home games before going on a tear in the post-season.
He has been over worked. No need to go back to back with Willmore but they need to manage Simpsons minutes down the stretch.

Reactions: zman77

superdee

Oct 17, 2015

McCue in warm ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad