London Knights 2023 - 24 Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
Needed to win this game to stay ahead of saginaw... yikes. I guess the players didn't know it was a 6:30 start

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Section 111
Sometimes I feel like we get too caught up in his offensive prowess, but he still has a lot of maturing to do. It was his man, whom he let get away, that ended up scoring the OT winner in Kitchener.

He needs to remember that his defensive responsibilities are just as important (maybe more even) than his point streak!
You're preaching to the choir. I've said that about him several times but you got give the kid credit when credit it due....that's what I did.

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Section 111
Comparing Bolton to Prust??????.......that's a big stretch. A huge stretch. Different players and situations when signed.
Kelly Thompson would be a better comparison.
And I'm not a huge Prust fan now, and I think SB is fine on this squad n glad he is here so it's not that.

Prust did not play SBs role thou.....another on the Memorial Cup roster no longer with us did. And that team had toughness thru out the roster.
Prust earned trust, responsibility and PT as a FA. Walked into Mark's office and said he would not only make the team but would climb up the F group over a few years. And he did earn it. Moved up the roster. Played a mid 6 F role much better than SB ever can/could. He was trusted to shadow Crosby FFS in the Memorial Cup. Can't see that with SB.

I posted months ago, glad SB is here but come POs after Rd1 his role will be limited more than it is now with limited PT on the 4th line or watching fromnthe stands. Prust earned reg minutes.....just a hard comparison to appreciate.
I agree with 98% of this as I remember it being Trevor Kell who shadowed Crosby .... or am I losing my mind.

Gazizov is yet undrafted no?
After the year he's had I think he will get signed somewhere. .if not he could be back.

Reactions: rve24

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
I agree with 98% of this as I remember it being Trevor Kell who shadowed Crosby .... or am I losing my mind.

After the year he's had I think he will get signed somewhere. .if not he could be back.
Prust-Dylan-Kell were matched against Crosby, correct.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Disappointing result. 5 goals on 20 shots? Sheesh. And 3 of them were pretty weak. Other teams goaltending getting stronger, ours getting worse. Where is the team that won all those games? Now we've lost 3 of the last 4. It seems they just don't want 1st overall.

purple pharrt

Jan 23, 2024
sec 107 r2
There's been a pattern developing recently, whenever Simpson gets the start, and that is the team digs themselves into a hole by sporting the opposition a two or three goal lead. This development can't be attributed to "bus legs" since the travel factor is minimal. For whatever reason, the team as a whole, isn't prepared to play. That won't fly in the playoffs, but for sure a shake-up is in order. This team's strength is supposed to be their back end and goaltending, but that is obviously where the problem is. It's something that needs immediate attention, and the necessary corrections made.

In this league, where you finish the season isn't nearly as important as starting a game or series in the right frame of mind. Playing from behind just doesn't demonstrate that level of thinking.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Oh my , a 5-4 loss to Guelph, I just had to watch the replayed game to see what went wrong.

I went to Rouyn to watch the Huskies/Foreurs game 8-6 for Rouyn, so I missed the live feed of the Knights game. Quebec/Maritime League is very weak this year, I don't see them winning the big "M" cup for awhile.

I just got done watching the Knights replay, I will not repeat myself again, the problem still persists.
Knights shouldn't never expect any breaks from the refs when they are playing Guelph, for most of them this is their home city.

Lack of speed in the D-zone can not pressure forwards with some life in them, even in zone-covrage you need some speed too, and tonight Guelph did had life in their their game. Winning important faceoffs is still a major issue.

The thing is, the parity in the western conference makes it that all top teams can be beat by any team in any given night, Saginaw will still have their slump before the end of the season. We need to find out if London is finished with theirs, they better if they want top seed.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Strange that they tweeted out 2 games and posted 2 games to media notes, only to change it a couple hours later. Wonder if there was something additional brought to their attention after the initial ruling?

BobHockey

Jul 9, 2015
So unfortunate.
I know the knights are scared of SSM
First, the season is not over yet so it remains to be seen how this will all shake out. Second, you never know how playoff rounds will go, that's why games are played. Third, I doubt the Knights are scared of playing any team. if they are they may as well pack it in right now. I am sure they will have a healthy respect for any team they meet in the playoffs.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Strange that they tweeted out 2 games and posted 2 games to media notes, only to change it a couple hours later. Wonder if there was something additional brought to their attention after the initial ruling?
Guelph controls the referees but London controls Branch 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: sbpointer

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
So unfortunate.
I know the knights are scared of SSM
Absolutely not, their problems against Soo starts before the game in the dressing room, if you can get 20 heads (that includes all forwards, defenders and goalies) thinking the same thing they'll flat Soo down

Last edited:
Reactions: Harley49
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad