London Knights 2023 - 24 Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Aggressive PK n a system giving players the leash when an op presents to fly the zone n attack. It relies on recognition by all n execution especially with that first pass out of the zone. ( and Londons D is skilled in quick feet and outlets ) Taking advantage of PPs forcing the the play positionally n catching them chasing the back back thru zones.

Used to use the term turn em ( over ) r n go. Counter attack. Requires discipline but at this level I'm a fan if ya got the horses to execute. Love it.
Coach to team strengths, n LK adjusts yearly to the personnel on team.

Eg.....Bonk. Regula, Haltenin, Schremp, Bouchard...... Put em in situations to succeed n make a difference.
The PK is fun to watch... unreal how it generates so many quality scoring chances. The speed of Cowan, Barkey help.

Reactions: zman77 and rve24

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
The PK is fun to watch... unreal how it generates so many quality scoring chances. The speed of Cowan, Barkey help.
Edited my post. Even more fun than Pu n Jones.
“Improvise, adapt, overcome” great quote from.......

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Aggressive PK n a system giving players the leash when an op presents to fly the zone n attack. It relies on recognition by all n execution especially with that first pass out of the zone. ( and Londons D is skilled in quick feet and outlets ) Taking advantage of PPs forcing the the play positionally n catching them chasing the puck eback back thru zones.

Used to use the term turn em ( over ) n go alot. Counter attack. Requires discipline but at this level I'm a fan if ya got the horses to execute. Love it.
Coach to team strengths, n LK adjusts yearly to the personnel on team.

Eg.....Bonk. Regula, Haltenin, Schremp, Bouchard...... on PP. And this year PK ( we have seen it before with less success with Jones n Pu....and many others) Put em in situations to succeed n make a difference.
general team speed especially on forward helps the team with back pressure too if caught up ice. Agreed, it’s smarts and speed. Educated gambles by the coaching staff.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
general team speed especially on forward helps the team with back pressure too if caught up ice. Agreed, it’s smarts and speed. Educated gambles by the coaching staff.
For sure.
The other positive is come POs, teams may be less aggressive on PPs keeping 2 players high and not using a 1-3-1 set up, sending 2 Fs to the blue ice or pinching from the back end making their PP less aggressive. Forcing a more conservative PP. Which is great when ya got a team that'll take minor penalties at a high rate.
I love it.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Staff for sure deserves credit. They adjust year to year on special teams.
And speed kills, esp if the kids buy in to working back hard (and this group does both on PK and 5on5)
Effort, speed n awareness is a great combo.

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
Nice strong, dominate game by the Knights! Cowboy ties our record which is nice :) I heard the announcers say it's against league rules to touch the cameras ( something edwards did while walking out, they hinted at maybe a suspension) can anyone confirm this?
Ottawa game tommorow should be a good game against another strong team

Reactions: frontsfan67

Hendy

Dec 1, 2018
Knights taking a penalty doesn't bother me as long as it's not Cowan or Barkey in the box. They work so well together, have tremendous anticipation and are fast. They love the extra open ice and it's a joy to watch. 3 on 3 overtime no problem for the same reason. Team skill, team speed. We're so lucky.

Reactions: LDN

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
Knights taking a penalty doesn't bother me as long as it's not Cowan or Barkey in the box. They work so well together, have tremendous anticipation and are fast. They love the extra open ice and it's a joy to watch. 3 on 3 overtime no problem for the same reason. Team skill, team speed. We're so lucky.
Confucius once said “ You cannot score shorthanded goals without someone in the penalty box”.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
What did Jackson Edward do this time?

Nice strong, dominate game by the Knights! Cowboy ties our record which is nice :) I heard the announcers say it's against league rules to touch the cameras ( something edwards did while walking out, they hinted at maybe a suspension) can anyone confirm this?
Ottawa game tommorow should be a good game against another strong team
There’s no way they just gave him the same suspension length they gave him for a headbutt lmao that’s wild

Reactions: ArielNederland

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
What did Jackson Edward do this time?

There’s no way they just gave him the same suspension length they gave him for a headbutt lmao that’s wild
Messing with the cameras is an automatic 2. Some of these players need to grow up

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Messing with the cameras is an automatic 2. Some of these players need to grow up
Shouldn’t be doing it, just kinda hilarious how it’s the same suspension as a deliberately violent non-hockey play like a headbutt. I thought Jackson was quite fortunate with his suspension lengths the last 2 times, kinda funny this is the same thing.

Knightsfan90

Sep 17, 2014
Someone needs to sit Edward down and tell him he has to get a handle of his anger first headbutt then throws his gloves at thr camera in a 5-0 game.... hate to see what he is going to do with the emotion of playoffs he seems unhinged atm needs to settle down and play hockey. Leave the tough guy stuff to Boultons and Lawerance

Reactions: crowncarrier

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Someone needs to sit Edward down and tell him he has to get a handle of his anger first headbutt then throws his gloves at thr camera in a 5-0 game.... hate to see what he is going to do with the emotion of playoffs he seems unhinged atm needs to settle down and play hockey. Leave the tough guy stuff to Boultons and Lawerance
Not suppose to say it out loud, but I will anyway. Game of hockey is a game of contact, frustrations arise from it, fighting takes care of that and brings back energy to the game. Unlike beating up an opponent in boxing, wrestling and kung Fu, unfortunately fighting in hockey is bad example for kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad