London Knights 2023 - 24 Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WorkHardEveryShift

Aug 23, 2021
Winning 8-2 and given his fight totals and the time left Dale should have had him on the bench. His emotions got the best of him and he did not use proper judgment.

I said it when they were signed, the Boultons were just a favour by the Hunters to an old friend named Eric Boulton. Neither of them have any business being in this league. London has a deep pipeline of talent and these guys are just wasting spots that could be used by two deserving kids.

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
So does this put Sawyer Boulton in the press box and dress Ryder instead rest of the season... thought he might not be able to contain himself and look be have a suspension indefinitely 🤷
Ryder can be effective in his role. Top 3 tough guys in the league. I thought little brother was going to get a beating in OS , he was out the last shift with Stewart and yapping as he does. My opinion, I'd rather have Ryder than the little guy

I don’t think KJ’s in. Just the 19th skater of the warmup.
just warmup

Reactions: Ken Yates

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Ryder can be effective in his role. Top 3 tough guys in the league. I thought little brother was going to get a beating in OS , he was out the last shift with Stewart and yapping as he does. My opinion, I'd rather have Ryder than the little guy

just warmup
Sawyer is the "older" brother. He was the one who fought Stewart.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Since Scotty Boman's departure from NHL, there hasn't been any hockey heads more qualified as top league GM as Mark Hunter is right now anywhere, even if he is not an NHL GM at the moment, his mind is envisaging 3 to 5 years ahead of time. He'd be just as agile as an NHL GM as he is now with London Knights, I'd hate to lose him in London but no one should hold him back from achieving his very best at the higher pro level as well.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I guess that their coaching staff haven't figured out how to avoid the peaks and valleys that make up the typical season.. Good teams / coaches find a way to play with consistency and avoid those extreme highs/lows. Their recent points streak and Dale's 900+ wins seem to indicate that he has it figured out.
For sure the good ones do BUT don’t sleep on the Soo. As Fastpace says “speed to burn”. Not just fly but they can play the game at full out speed!

Reactions: Fastpace

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
He'd be just as agile as an NHL GM as he is now with London Knights, I'd hate to lose him in London but no one should hold him back from achieving his very best at the higher pro level as well.
Think so? He has a lot of benifits in London and in “kids” hockey that he wouldn’t have in the NHL. His and Dales “connections” to elite hockey people that want there players in London is simply one of them? More money than any other team he competes with is another? No “Boss” is another one? Not saying he isn’t a smart hockey guy just saying in the NHL there are a lot of smart hockey guys? Love him in London at his age and Dales I think we have them as long as they want to be in an arena?? That makes an incredible 1 / 2 punch!!

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Section 111
I said it when they were signed, the Boultons were just a favour by the Hunters to an old friend named Eric Boulton. Neither of them have any business being in this league. London has a deep pipeline of talent and these guys are just wasting spots that could be used by two deserving kids.
I watched the evaluation camp /green/gold/black/white games and Ryder was very good. Never had a fight and looked great out there. Sawyer was obviously brought in for a reason and I do not mind it as long as he can puck his spots. Sawyer can forecheck and check very well and can create space which can be a very valuable commodity

Reactions: rve24

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Highly unusual for a player to be out indefinitely with no suspension to be announced yet (Sawyer Boulton). London has played 2 games since the infraction. Typically these are announced before the next scheduled game?

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Think so? He has a lot of benifits in London and in “kids” hockey that he wouldn’t have in the NHL. His and Dales “connections” to elite hockey people that want there players in London is simply one of them? More money than any other team he competes with is another? No “Boss” is another one? Not saying he isn’t a smart hockey guy just saying in the NHL there are a lot of smart hockey guys? Love him in London at his age and Dales I think we have them as long as they want to be in an arena?? That makes an incredible 1 / 2 punch!!
Don't you think it's likely harder to work with spoiled kids that are here because of parents' choosing, Mark still has to deal with all of them, adding problems that other GMs don't have? Reaching NHL level where talents have already been found earlier in the minors and junior leagues, makes it easier for him to recognizing any signs of immaturity in pro players, beside his level of team entourage at this level around an NHL teams have already proven themselves to be there to help out their GMs. Mark has more to offer, because he's an owner, and the fears of failures could be very costly for him and his team, he's here for the long haul, unlike other borrowed GMs in this league. He has learned through the years to be more assertive and less risky with who he brings in on the team, a great quality to possess in any GM to go along with experience at the pro level.

Reactions: zman77

LostRangers

Feb 1, 2023
Highly unusual for a player to be out indefinitely with no suspension to be announced yet (Sawyer Boulton). London has played 2 games since the infraction. Typically these are announced before the next scheduled game?
When Xhejak got suspended after his fight with Wooley and subsequent ‘go to sleep’ gesture, I recall he was listed as indefinite until the day before the suspension was lifted. Professionally operated league, this OHL.

Reactions: sbpointer

Geff

40yrs of season tix 23/24
Dec 11, 2007
The Bud Sec 106
2 games for Sawyer….and served

IMG_0387.jpeg

Hendy

Dec 1, 2018
I watched the evaluation camp /green/gold/black/white games and Ryder was very good. Never had a fight and looked great out there. Sawyer was obviously brought in for a reason and I do not mind it as long as he can puck his spots. Sawyer can forecheck and check very well and can create space which can be a very valuable commodity
I watched only 1 preseason game...Ryder and Van Gorp stood out to me.

PuckLucker

Feb 18, 2024
nothing is highly unusual when it comes to OHL supplemental discipline..
Exactly.
All depends how the situation fits the OHL's narrative in that moment.

Here the OHL announces a suspension 4 days after the incident took place and 1 day after the Top Prospects game (Jan. 24th)
Suspension.JPG

Reactions: sbpointer

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Knights have scored 25 SH goals,
OHL record is 28.
Aggressive PK n a system giving players the leash when an op presents to fly the zone n attack. It relies on recognition by all n execution especially with that first pass out of the zone. ( and Londons D is skilled in quick feet and outlets ) Taking advantage of PPs forcing the the play positionally n then catching them chasing the puck back thru zones cause they got caught too deep.

Used to use the term turn em ( over ) n go alot. Counter attack. Requires discipline but at this level I'm a fan if ya got the horses to execute. Love it.
Coach to team strengths, n LK adjusts yearly to the personnel on team.

Eg.....Bonk. Regula, Haltenin, Schremp, Bouchard...... on PP. And this year PK ( we have seen it before with less success with Jones n Pu....and many others) Put em in situations to succeed n make a difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ferguson Jenkins
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad