London Knights 2023 - 24 Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
You are definitely not winning your case with that kind of argument, educate yourself on hockey and try something else or watch the replay in slow-mo if the game is too fast for the eyes
No need to get personal if the other poster hasnt.

Who cares? I just see some fans of 2 teams massaging the optics or narrative. No biggie. (not nearly as bad as the wanna return to revelance media wanna bees that need to defend a teams management at every turn to keep their spot in the free sandwich pre game line lol)
Refs calls or non calls...... gotta play thru it.
No hook called on ice, play thru it best ya can. Much afo about nothing really.
Trying to "discuss", "debate" or argue a refs call is rarely going to lead to a good discussion. Fans of opposing teams will often see it differently.
I see both sides here. Just my thoughts thou.
Yes the refs are suspect at this level. No, it should never be used as an excuse for a L. (Yes I know it wasn't in this game)
Call or no call , suck it up n play thru it. Really all ya can do.

Last edited:

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Section 111
So does this put Sawyer Boulton in the press box and dress Ryder instead rest of the season... thought he might not be able to contain himself and look be have a suspension indefinitely 🤷
Winning 8-2 and given his fight totals and the time left Dale should have had him on the bench. His emotions got the best of him and he did not use proper judgment.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Who cares? I just see fans of 2 teams massaging the narrative.
Refs calls or non calls...... gotta play thru it.
No hook called on ice, play thru it best ya can.
Trying to "discuss", "debate" or argue a refs call is never going to lead to a good discussion. Fans of opposing teams will often see it differently.
Yes the refs are suspect at this level. No, it should never be used as an excuse for a L. (Yes I know it wasn't in this game)
Call or no call , suck it up n play thru it. Really all ya can do.
It's when the fan states there's nothing there and yet says the player embellished that's got me going. I'd ignore it if it's in their own forum, but to bring their blatant homerism here makes them fair game.

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Winning 8-2 and given his fight totals and the time left Dale should have had him on the bench. His emotions got the best of him and he did not use proper judgment.
Other than using Eric Boulton as a contact for future talent being funnelled to London, there’s no need for Sawyer on this club. Ryder may have potential being 2 years younger but Sawyer is basically a less talented Cam Janssen playing in a time period 20 years too late.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
It's when the fan states there's nothing there and yet says the player embellished that's got me going. I'd ignore it if it's in their own forum, but to bring their blatant homerism here makes them fair game.
Ya I get that, but I'd also support (and generally want) more chat n interaction among "teams" forums.
(and the blatant homerism is your perception...I saw if differently as a Knights fan.....my view was sure maybe, maybe not, who cares play thru it. I can see how both sides would slant the narrative to fit their perception.)

And I'm glad your back posting! Always appreciate your insights! All the way back to other sites.

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Section 111
Other than using Eric Boulton as a contact for future talent being funnelled to London, there’s no need for Sawyer on this club. Ryder may have potential being 2 years younger but Sawyer is basically a less talented Cam Janssen playing in a time

Hate to bring this up but this is yet another terribly officiated game. Phantom call on Gaz leads to a goal… phantom PS call on Smith leads to Cowan goal. Now a bs call on Bonk lol
Deleted post.....I was wrong 😭. Happens to the best of us.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buttsy

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Ya I get that, but I'd also support (and generally want) more chat n interaction among "teams" forums.
(and the blatant homerism is your perception...I saw if differently as a Knights fan.....my view was sure maybe, maybe not, who cares play thru it. I can see how both sides would slant the narrative to fit their perception.)

And I'm glad your back posting! Always appreciate your insight!
I agree with this. To add, I like talking to fans if they want an actual discussion but I never read the other forums when London plays their team. The OHL fan hatred is so strong for London that there’s little point in visiting other forums for an honest discussion about a game. It’s hard enough reading the peanut gallery on here after 1 loss in 20+ games.

Reactions: Hendy and rve24

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
That PS call I do not agree with but it you rewatch it the refs arms when up after the first slash that was in on Cowans hands and not when he made stick on stick contact. This penalty has been called often.....do I agree with it...no. Cowan still was able to maintain control and continue with a scoring opportunity. But again, they call this often.

Don't know why this reply is quoting a reply from you to me regarding something else.
Interesting. I must have missed that. Don’t worry about the double quote… the forum is quite finicky.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
thank you Owen Sound for healing us from our loss to the Soo

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
The Hounds came to London and beat the top league team, the very next game they lose to the bottom league team Windsor 6-4. Windsor is in London tomorrow

Reactions: LDN and zman77

purple pharrt

Jan 23, 2024
sec 107 r2
The Hounds came to London and beat the top league team, the very next game they lose to the bottom league team Windsor 6-4. Windsor is in London tomorrow

I guess that their coaching staff haven't figured out how to avoid the peaks and valleys that make up the typical season.. Good teams / coaches find a way to play with consistency and avoid those extreme highs/lows. Their recent points streak and Dale's 900+ wins seem to indicate that he has it figured out.

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
Is it true that Costanzo spit at the Knights bench after being pulled?
No. I sit right there, didn’t really even get
close to the Knights bench. He took his helmet off skated to his bench tapped helmet on Donoso’s glove and took a seat

Attachments

• IMG_9985.jpeg
    IMG_9985.jpeg
    59.5 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad