London Knights 2023 - 24 Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Just wondering,

Let’s say Easton Cowan remains on a tear and ends up with 85pts and Barkey with 90pts. Is Cowan our ballot for MOP (Red Tilson)?

Then do you think Cowan has a chance to beat out the top guys like David Goyette and Anthony Romani who they both should score 100pts+ for the award?

Same goes for Oliver Bonk. Do you think media will take into account the best all round defensive talent or take the offensive gifted extraordinaires in Parekh or Brzustewicz?
I had wondered the same thing about Kirill Kudryavtsev, who doesn't have the offensive skill of Bonk, but is probably the league's finest defender. I'd like to see guys like he and Bonk get more credit in the awards voting instead of just going by points. I wouldn't trade either for Brzustewicz, given his defensive limitations.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Last year at a similar point in the season, the Knights were rolling with a 9 game winning streak that ended with a loss to Sarnia on February 17. London didn't bounce back after the loss. Instead, they went 8-9 to close out the regular season. Fortunately, the Knights were able to turn things around in the playoffs.
It will be interesting to see if we can shake off the loss or if we go into a tailspin.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
https://x.com/ohlhockey/status/1758892111003288004?s=46&t=EORasAr0xPy-g_5RTAlc0w

Boulton got the double jeopardy of fight suspensions.

-Too many fights in a season now.
- And Instigating a fight in the final 5 minutes of a blowout.

George didn’t ’toss’ the stick at Gibson. The stick was lying on the ice and he used his stick to hit the discarded stick towards Gibson.
So I looked it up. Rule 10.5. if a player throws or shoots a stick in the direction of another player it is a minor. If the player is injured or the ref determines there was an attempt to injury then a major would be assessed.

Make sense now as it appeared it was a player who was frustrated and just slapped the stick from the frustration.

I'll move along now, thanks.

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
https://x.com/ohlhockey/status/1758892111003288004?s=46&t=EORasAr0xPy-g_5RTAlc0w

Boulton got the double jeopardy of fight suspensions.

-Too many fights in a season now.
- And Instigating a fight in the final 5 minutes of a blowout.

George didn’t ’toss’ the stick at Gibson. The stick was lying on the ice and he used his stick to hit the discarded stick towards Gibson.
That was Boultons 5th fight and he’s been instigated upon twice, so he should still be within the threshold.

Fight against Xhekaj Hamilton and Strohack Flint he was instigated upon.

Reactions: Holden Caufield

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
George was not happy at all that he couldn't sell the call and basically gave up a breakaway goal as a result. I suspect tossong the stick was 2, and the verbal assault that ensued was the misconduct.
"Sell the call" 🤣🤣🤣 stick was around his neck

Attachments

• 20240217_125703.mp4
    26.8 MB

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Stick was under his arm from behind his own net despite Cloutier's repeated attempts to free it. You conveniently cut off the left side of the screen in your replay.

As I said, couldn't sell the call. Wasn't happy and lost his cool. He wasn't the only one.

Reactions: All the Answers

BobHockey

Jul 9, 2015
Stick was under his arm from behind his own net despite Cloutier's repeated attempts to free it. You conveniently cut off the left side of the screen in your replay.

As I said, couldn't sell the call. Wasn't happy and lost his cool. He wasn't the only one.
I am perfectly fine with players "losing their cool" as you call it in a game that has gotten away from them. It shows they GAF and are frustrated with the position they put themselves in.

Soo deserved the win, the Knights know it and were pissed their streak was over.

I don't buy your assertion on your own board that this is typical of Dale Hunter's teams - other than the desire and expectation to win.

I would not be happy with USC penalties in a close game that ended up costing them the game.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

I am sorry HockeyPops, what on earth was Clouthier's stick doing under George's arm again, if it wasn't for a hook or a holding, who put that stick there again?

Reactions: Otto

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Unfortunately today's game is no longer what the early days of International Hockey used to be, the players are much faster, the equipments are lighter and the refs are strictier as well. Taking the body does help but if your team is not well balanced with speed to counter your opponant's speed, you will not gain much of an advantage, we seen it last night against the Greyhounds. London's defence as good as they are still has to show more speed back there or it's going to be very difficult for them
Of course you have to be able to play the game as well and this is what makes the Knights a solid threat for pretty much any style of game. I stand by it FP if London gets physical (not taking penalties or acting childish of course) it will be the dimension needed to best the Soo. As for the streak let's be honest the Knights lately have not been playing a full 60 minutes but have been fortunate against inferior talent. The Soo is not inferior to the Knights and it bit them in the backside.

Otto

So you're saying George took the stick, from under his own arm and placed it around his own neck? Only thing missing is the grassy knoll

Reactions: Buttsy and Fastpace

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Hounds looked good. Able to use their speed and skill to their advantage. I didn’t think Simpson was bad either except for the one screw up. He made some big saves. London will be fine. Doesn’t mean they’ll win but I still like this team.

Reactions: rve24

Knightsfan90

Sep 17, 2014
So does this put Sawyer Boulton in the press box and dress Ryder instead rest of the season... thought he might not be able to contain himself and look be have a suspension indefinitely 🤷

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Of course you have to be able to play the game as well and this is what makes the Knights a solid threat for pretty much any style of game. I stand by it FP if London gets physical (not taking penalties or acting childish of course) it will be the dimension needed to best the Soo. As for the streak let's be honest the Knights lately have not been playing a full 60 minutes but have been fortunate against inferior talent. The Soo is not inferior to the Knights and it bit them in the backside.
Well, it won't matter how many good hits they have if the D don't pickup the pace, they have been fortunate in the streak they did not play many speed teams. Saginaw has a very fast overall team execution but won't say they are extra rapid on skates, a London Saginaw series the advantage would go London's way because of their speed up front on all four lines, but against the Soo, they have speed not only up front but their backends too, and that's a problem for the London Ds whom are not as quick on skates. If Owen Sound ever gel as a team for the play-offs, that would be disater for the Western leading teams. Owen Sound, even though London handled them most of this season, could be the surprised team this year, much the way Kitchener were the last two years by knocking out leading teams London and Windsor last year.

Reactions: Buttsy

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
So does this put Sawyer Boulton in the press box and dress Ryder instead rest of the season... thought he might not be able to contain himself and look be have a suspension indefinitely 🤷
https://x.com/houndsinsider/status/1758901010582421588?s=12

Nah, The ‘suspension’ is completely bogus.
The refs on the ice got it all wrong. I’m sure it will be rescinded once they take a look.
On ice officials were reffing the nameplate on the jersey.

-The Soo player took a run at Sawyer from out near centre ice and cross checked him in the back. Sawyer was just standing there nowhere near the puck.
-Sawyer followed him into the corner and returned a ‘how do you do’ low cross check.
-The Soo player comes up high with his stick in Bolton’s face, so Bolton grabs him.
- The Soo player throws down his gloves and tries to get some quick rabbit punches on Bolton. Clearly instigating the fight.
-Bolton defends himself/ragdolls him a bit.

Nothing suspendable. Definitely didn’t instigate anything.

Last edited:

Otto

https://x.com/houndsinsider/status/1758901010582421588?s=12

Nah, The ‘suspension’ is completely bogus.
The refs on the ice got it all wrong. I’m sure it will be rescinded once they take a look.
On ice officials were reffing the nameplate on the jersey.

-The Soo player took a run at Sawyer from out near centre ice and cross checked him in the back. Sawyer was just standing there nowhere near the puck.
-Sawyer followed the kid into the corner and returned a ‘how do you do’ low cross check.
-The kid comes up high with his stick in Bolton’s face, so Bolton grabs him.
- The kid throws down his gloves and tries to get some quick rabbit punches on Bolton. Clearly instigating the fight.
-Bolton defends himself/ragdolls him a bit.

Nothing suspendae. Definitely didn’t instigate anything.
I disagree with your take on the instigator. As per the instigator rule Boulton had 3 criteria for making the call ( fighting after a clean hit, tracked opposing player, threw first punches)

However I wouldn't even acknowledge anything from any of these "insiders" they are all a bunch of Homer's.

Attachments

• 20240217_130335.mp4
    86.8 MB
Last edited:

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I am sorry HockeyPops, what on earth was Clouthier's stick doing under George's arm again, if it wasn't for a hook or a holding, who put that stick there again?
Did you watch the video?

When I watch the video I see Cloutier reach around George trying to knock the puck off his stick while forechecking. George clamps his arm around the stick and skates 80 feet with it under there trying to sell the call. All the while Cloutier trailing behind trying to dislodge the stick. Ref watched the entire thing and no call, so really not sure why you are choosing this play as the hill you are going to die on?

So you're saying George took the stick, from under his own arm and placed it around his own neck? Only thing missing is the grassy knoll
I guess after George refusing to relinquish the stick for so long, the refs decided he was the one hooking himself?

Reactions: All the Answers

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
You're saying referees don't miss calls?
Refs miss a ton of calls and Friday was no different. As an example both embellishment calls were a joke.

I don't believe this was one they missed.

Last edited:

Otto

Refs miss a ton of calls and Friday was no different. As an example both embellishment calls were a joke.

I don't believe this was one they missed.
You admitted that George was being hooked, video shows the stick was then at his neck. There was clearly a missed call.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
You admitted that George was being hooked, video shows the stick was then at his neck. There was clearly a missed call.
The only hook I saw was right before the stick was dropped as Cloutier gave his stick a good tug to dislodge it and still George wouldn't let go and got spun around. 10/10 I would agree with no call by the ref. Not sure what you think I admitted, but I don't agree. Sorry.

Otto

The only hook I saw was right before the stick was dropped as Cloutier gave his stick a good tug to dislodge it and still George wouldn't let go and got spun around. 10/10 I would agree with no call by the ref. Not sure what you think I admitted, but I don't agree. Sorry.
He wouldn't have a need to dislodge it if he wasn't hooking George 🤣🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad