London Knights 2023 - 24 Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Just wondering,

Let’s say Easton Cowan remains on a tear and ends up with 85pts and Barkey with 90pts. Is Cowan our ballot for MOP (Red Tilson)?

Then do you think Cowan has a chance to beat out the top guys like David Goyette and Anthony Romani who they both should score 100pts+ for the award?

Same goes for Oliver Bonk. Do you think media will take into account the best all round defensive talent or take the offensive gifted extraordinaires in Parekh or Brzustewicz?

Reactions: LDN

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
So is anyone else hoping that Sarnia stays hot and Flint gets by Erie and the Otters dont make the playoffs? Hmmmm lol:popcorn:
Niagara destroyed Erie 6-1 tonight and Sarnia lost to Flint in Overtime so thats max points for a game and Flint and Sarnia are only 2 points behind Erie for 7th and 8th. The battle for the last spot is getting exciting in a pro I hope Erie doesnt make it way lol

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
1000005397.jpg

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Just watched Sud losing 5-4 in shootout to the Soo.

No doubt London can handle the Soo, but they will need to fend off quite the avalanche of fast waves of Soo forwards on our defence units, Soo style of play is very much like that of Erie, but they are better at it.

Reactions: zman77

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Just watched Sud losing 5-4 in shootout to the Soo.

No doubt London can handle the Soo, but they will need to fend off quite the avalanche of fast waves of Soo forwards on our defence units, Soo style of play is very much like that of Erie, but they are better at it.

Like I said before, both the Soo and Erie are a fast team and they have a system in place which makes it hard on our system. Fast teams generally combat the Knights system well. They are our true threat if we meet in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Erie appears to be the "Owen Sound" of this year's Knights team. Would they beat us in a best of 7 .... probably not but they could make life miserable?

Reactions: LDN and Geff

Knightsfan90

Sep 17, 2014
It will be interesting to see if S.Boulton dresses tomorrow. Yiu have to think someone on the Hounds is going to make him answer for his hit on McConnell-Barker im sure he can handle himself I want to avoid him stepping over the line and being suspended again

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
It will be interesting to see if S.Boulton dresses tomorrow. Yiu have to think someone on the Hounds is going to make him answer for his hit on McConnell-Barker im sure he can handle himself I want to avoid him stepping over the line and being suspended again
I expect retribution for Boulton's cheap shot, but who on the Soo is willing to drop the gloves to settle the score?

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Well, clinched a playoff spot in mid February.

Would be interesting to see what teams have done that. I would imagine quite a few. Hmmm....

Last edited:
Reactions: LDN

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
We will see what happens, I am sure the Hounds will want some retribution. But I do not expect Hunter or Boulton to be intimated and not play. If anything, I could see him being in the opening lineup and saying bring it.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Don't expect too much roughing fanfare tonight, this game has too much on the line for retribution in view of importance in the standing, unless it's a runaway by one of the two teams, then maybe

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
Don't expect too much roughing fanfare tonight, this game has too much on the line for retribution in view of importance in the standing, unless it's a runaway by one of the two teams, then maybe
I totally agree, I am expecting a good hockey game tonight. By no means, do I think well see a game, like we saw with Kitchener a few weeks ago. But I do expect someone on the Hounds to ask Sawyer to answer the bell, a single scrap will not make the entire game like that.

Reactions: Fastpace

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
But I do expect someone on the Hounds to ask Sawyer to answer the bell, a single scrap will not make the entire game like that.
We traded away Clattenburg and Kostov. Here is a list of the Hounds players who have fought this season.

Frasca (03) - 1 fight. 216 lbs
Gibson (05) - 2 fights, 206 lbs
Carlisle (04) - 2 fights, 197 lbs
D'Intino (03) - 2 fights. 190 lbs
Evans (06) - 1 fight. 178 lbs
Martin (07) - 1 fight, 175 lbs

Maybe one of them answers the bell, but I'm pretty sure the Hounds are happy with their 2-0 season series record so far, and try to stick to their game plan.

Reactions: BehindSooNet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad