London Knights 2023 - 24 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I mean they were playing WAY over their heads the whole year and at margins that weren’t sustainable. This is probably closer to what they really are than what they were in November.
They've peaked a little too soon, is all this is, it's a good thing for them it's happening in early February and not in March just before playoffs. It's like speeding on the highway and have a blowout 50 miles before arriving, still have time to fix the tire and be on your way again and still makeup time. They do have two great lines but are young and weaker on the bottom two, need four strong lines six Ds and two above average goalies to get mileage in playoffs though, I don't know if they have that this year, but wait until next season, I have no doubts this team will be untouchable.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
First period penalties in Oshawa against the Knights were good calls or deserving, however there were some missed calls on the other side unfortunately, play on, this game must be played, as most other games without any help from the stripes

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I am expecting the Soo coming back from their 0-2 behind first period to beat Saginaw in their game

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
21-0-0-2 Ridiculous!
Certainly not one of our better games.
Officiating was horrendous going both ways. Don't take my word for it, Gens play by play guy (Mike Luck) in agreement.
Halttunen on a mission.
Dickinson is actually human after all. Turned the puck over a few times... Ah, he's still my favourite player.
Cowan extends point streak to 21 games, tops in the O.

Last edited:

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Pointing out areas that could use improvement isn't " sticking a fork in them". Afraid of constructed criticism? I posted that before they started the comeback. Can't see the future unfortunately
You Do this a lot. You give up on the team and they come back and win. Game is minimum 60 minutes

purple pharrt

Jan 23, 2024
sec 107 r2
Personally, I often find blowouts to be somewhat boring and interesting only because the 3rd & 4th line players get ice time. Games like today are much more exciting, seeing how this team manages to get a win, when down going into the 3rd period.. eventually this streak will come to an end, but having the occasional game where the outcome is in doubt are far more entertaining.:partytime:

Reactions: Knights2729

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
With my Lions out, I no longer had any interest in Super-Ball Sunday.

I've decided to rewatch the Knights/Generals game in its entirety. I did not think London could outdo the Owen Sound come back, I was wrong. They have had a couple third period five goals outing this season, but this third period comeback in Oshawa was a complete dominance, and their best third period of hockey this season, the Generals is a very good team too

Reactions: LDN

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
Double checked the numbers and London has officially clinched with 79 points
Windsor cannot catch us.
If Sarnia wins out they can get to 79.
If Flint wins out they can get to 82.
However they play each other 4 more times.
If Sarnia wins all of those games in OT(maximum points for both), Flint can only get to 78.
Not that it was ever really in doubt but it’s official now.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Double checked the numbers and London has officially clinched with 79 points
Windsor cannot catch us.
If Sarnia wins out they can get to 79.
If Flint wins out they can get to 82.
However they play each other 4 more times.
If Sarnia wins all of those games in OT(maximum points for both), Flint can only get to 78.
Not that it was ever really in doubt but it’s official now.
You need 1 more point to clinch. Flint can tie you at 79 points and a 1 game playoff would be required to determine 8th. Now this is all a mute point because we all know they will clinch.

Reactions: LDN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad