London Knights 2023 - 24 Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
You can have a 20 game point streak and still be a puck hog and have troubles coughing it up in your own end. This is the OHL. Many players have lit it up here and not have that same success at the next level. He needs to clean up his game in his own end bigtime.
My point is that his contributions far outweigh any shortcomings so I tend not to nitpick in those cases.

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Section 111
My point is that his contributions far outweigh any shortcomings so I tend not to nitpick in those cases.
I get your point but constantly causing turnovers in your own end is not nit picking. He did it with the Leafs and was sent down and he's still doing it. Great player but he needs to fix that.

Reactions: Knightsfan90

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
I get your point but constantly causing turnovers in your own end is not nit picking. He did it with the Leafs and was sent down and he's still doing it. Great player but he needs to fix that.
Like I said, he's not perfect. Every player has things to work on. I'm just saying that for me it's not worthy of criticism given the big picture (what he brings to the team)...3 point night so far. Plus /minus pretty good too.

Reactions: zman77

crowncarrier

Apr 10, 2015
Section 111
Like I said, he's not perfect. Every player has things to work on. I'm just saying that for me it's not worthy of criticism given the big picture (what he brings to the team)...3 point night so far. Plus /minus pretty good too.
Agree to disagree....

crowncarrier

Apr 10, 2015
Section 111
What is it that you disagree with?
His shortcomings outweigh his positive contributions? He's a liability in our lineup? If Cowan's the guy you feel is worth targeting... By all means, have at it.
Do you have to have the last word? Honestly....I just said you don't agree with me and I do not agree with you. Hence agree to disagree.

I've said my piece...you've said yours...move on.

Last edited:

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Players at this level with his skill, compete level, drive.... want to make plays ( and will try in spite of what the highest % play is) He is a smart kid and will clean it up when push comes to shove, JMO. And agreed the pros far outweigh the cons when the entire package is evaluated. He's is a top 3 player in this league at this point....JMO.
Every player can be better but no issues here with this kids game.

Last edited:

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Players at this level with his skill, compete level, drive.... want to make plays ( and will try in spite of what the highest % play is) He is a smart kid and will clean it up when push comes to shove, JMO. And agreed the pros far outweigh the cons when the entire package is evaluated. He's is a top 3 player in this league at this point....JMO.
He will be an NHLer.

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Windsor played London tough for much of the game. 3rd period the wheels came off a bit. Not a very intense game. Dog days of the schedule. Greentree was noticeable for Windsor but they lack talent. Donoso let in a couple weak ones. Willmore was solid. Leonard has been strong the last several weeks. Better showing from Woolley than last week.

Nice tribute to Logan. Very tough situation. I’ll always remember Logan’s last season as a Knight. Great team that got beat by a strong Storm team and Adam Dennis. Would have been great to see that team win in 2004. Logan was a true team player that always put his best effort on the ice.

Reactions: zman77 and LDN

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Willmore's play gives the Knights the chance to ride him a bit for the next 18 games and rest Simpson
Saved our bacon more then once last year at some pretty key times. I hope he gets a shot as an OA in London next year and runs with it. He deserves to be recognized for what he has meant to the teams success. I like him .......

Reactions: sbpointer and LDN

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Flint has two games in hand on Sarnia and theoretically can finish with 82 points. Magic number is 5 points over Flint.

Knights need 11 more wins to clinch the division
London should take the Division.
If Kitchener goes 15-2 in their remaining games, and the Knights finish 8-9 (sub. 500), then that would drop us to 2nd.
Hopefully, we can fend off Saginaw and the Soo, and take the #1 seed in the Conference.

Last edited:
Reactions: zman77

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
Flint has two games in hand on Sarnia and theoretically can finish with 82 points. Magic number is 5 points over Flint.

Knights need 11 more wins to clinch the division
Ya but Windsor already can’t catch us, Sarnia and Windsor were the teams I used for my math. Technically 2 points just puts us in a tiebreaker game with Sarnia though so I guess 3 points to clinch

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Leafs Gm was there last night! It would be good if Mark and Brad both sat him down and explained 200 foot players have an easier time adjusting to the NHL game.
I'm sure that has already been relayed to the players from earlier than their OHL careers. Yes I agree it needs to consistently be reinforced but players with skill will often resort to trying to make plays. Time and place is where they need to learn. Doesn't always happen at this level. But it's been preached on almost all teams at this level with every player.
Frustrating..... sure occasionally but your skilled players naturally will have more TOs than the "glass n out" players

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Last night Kitchener lost to Kingston with 1:16 left and this afternoon they've lost to Ottawa with only 1:29 left. It's unbelievable how the roof fell in on this team for the past three weeks, it can happen to any team, including Knights, always best stay concentrated to the final buzzer

Reactions: ArielNederland

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Last night Kitchener lost to Kingston with 1:16 left and this afternoon they've lost to Ottawa with only 1:29 left. It's unbelievable how the roof fell in on this team for the past three weeks, it can happen to any team, including Knights, always best stay concentrated to the final buzzer
I mean they were playing WAY over their heads the whole year and at margins that weren’t sustainable. This is probably closer to what they really are than what they were in November.

Reactions: tjziel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad