London Knights 2023 - 24 Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
You need 1 more point to clinch. Flint can tie you at 79 points and a 1 game playoff would be required to determine 8th. Now this is all a mute point because we all know they will clinch.
The only way Flint can tie London is by beating Sarnia at least once. If Flint beats Sarnia once in OT/Shootout, the most points Sarnia can get is 78. London is at 79

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
The only way Flint can tie London is by beating Sarnia at least once. If Flint beats Sarnia once in OT/Shootout, the most points Sarnia can get is 78. London is at 79
Flint has 2 more games to play then Sarnia. Sarnia can't catch London. Flint has to win every game and London has to lose every game for this to happen. But it it's mathematical that it could happen. that is why they are not shown as clinched on the website. But really in reality not going to happen. I'll move on now, be safe.

Reactions: nelli27

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
Flint has 2 more games to play then Sarnia. Sarnia can't catch London. Flint has to win every game and London has to lose every game for this to happen. But it it's mathematical that it could happen. that is why they are not shown as clinched on the website. But really in reality not going to happen. I'll move on now, be safe.
You're forgetting about your own team.... London only has to finish in front of 2 teams to clinch. Windsor and Sarnia OR Flint.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
You're forgetting about your own team.... London only has to finish in front of 2 teams to clinch. Windsor and Sarnia OR Flint.
I agree with this.

London can't miss the playoffs.
London is currently at 79.
Windsor can't get to 79.
Flint can get to 82.
Sarnia can get to 79.

But Sarnia and Flint play each other 4 times still. Even if you assume those four games go to overtime and the loser gets the bonus point, and both teams win the rest of their games, they can't both get to 79 points. Not enough points to go around.

I guess the OHL standings doesn't take this into consideration.

Reactions: Rubbers29 and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I agree with this.

Windsor can't get to 79.
Flint can get to 82.
Sarnia can get to 79.

But Sarnia and Flint play each other 4 times still. Even if you assume those four games go to overtime and the loser gets the bonus point, and both teams win the rest of their games, they can't both get to 79 points. Not enough points to go around.

We should clinch shortly

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I agree with this.

Windsor can't get to 79.
Flint can get to 82.
Sarnia can get to 79.

What I tried to explain is Windsor can't get there. Flint can pass London and Sarina could tie them. Sarnia would have to sweep their games in regulation. London would have to lose all their games in regulation.Then Sarnia and London would have a 1 game playoff for 8th. London needs 1 point to be clear of any mathematical scenarios. Hence why technically on the OHL website they are not shown as clinched. sorry for all this .

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Not possible since Sarnia and Flint play each other 4 more times.
Yes I get that but Flint has 2 games in hand not with Sarnia so they could make up the 4 points they would need to tie . Really think we need to let this go as none of this will ever be reality. If you need the last word I will conceed.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Regardless what other teams do the remaining of this season, this may seem selfish, for London is in control of its very own destiny and must only worry about their own remaining games and let other teams worry about theirs (it's like one shift at a time)

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Yes I get that but Flint has 2 games in hand not with Sarnia so they could make up the 4 points they would need to tie . Really think we need to let this go as none of this will ever be reality. If you need the last word I will conceed.
Let me try... Windsor cannot catch London, so they are out of the equation...

Flint has 18 games left
Sarnia has 16 Games left

Scenario 1. London Loses out, Flint Wins out..they have 4 games left with Sarnia, so even if Sarnia wins out.. except those 4 games which say go into OT so Sarnia gets 1 point

7 - Flint 82 points (18x2 + current 46)
8- London 79 points
9- Sarnia -75 points (12x2 + 4x1 + current points of 47)
10- Windsor

Scenario 2 London Loses out, Sarnia wins out, but 4 games with Flint go to OT

7-London 79 points
8- Sarnia 79 Points (16x2 + current 47)
9- Flint 78 points ( 14x2 + 4x1 + 46 currently)
10- Windsor.

Even if Flint Wins one of those games against Sarnia in OT instead of Sarnia taking all 4, Sarnia would drop to 78 points and be out.

London has clinched a playoff spot

/Math

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Heading into yesterday's game, these were some team stats:

Knights:

PP 33.7% (1st)
PK 84.8% (1st)
Goals For 245 (1st)
Goals Agst 148 (1st)
SH Goals 22 (1st)
Are those numbers good ?
Are you trying to say London is a wagon right now?

I guess the numbers speak louder than words in this case…

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Can the Hunters have success with any other present OHL team, I say yes

We’ve all seen how disorganized this Knights team were at the start of the season, they were a completely broken down team. This is how Dale and his staff wanted it, they've got to start from little to go big, they had to remove the old team system and break down old habits. This had to be done first In order to start fresh and reimplement a new team system with the new talent makeup of this new team, this is why we had negative fans at the start of the season, these last two season could not have been more exemplary of the brothers' talents. Dale and Mark are champions at what they are doing, they have good reads on players and adjust or invent a team system according to the talent they see before them, each year the system can be different, they have excellent communication between the two and their staffs. Just bring in any other OHL team, let them redo a team system from scratch, and I'll bet they would have success with that team too. May not be as powerful as the one they have, or it can be even more powerful, it all depend on player talents, the right mix and if they'd buy into it, that's the ticket to success. Some may say market size makes a difference, and I say no, it's how much efforts do you put in, in any case, you can bet who ever they have as a team Dale Mark & Co. would get the max from any team they are working with, it's not me saying this, it's their records that say so. IMHO

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
I would agree Fastpace. Hockey people with an outrageous work ethic and a true passion. They roll over rocks to find what they want. You only need to look out there when Van Gorp and Boulton boys are on the ice. Free agents. Much like Brandon Proust, Josh Anderson and Matt Clarke. Roll over the rocks to find the gems.

Reactions: Fastpace

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
I would agree Fastpace. Hockey people with an outrageous work ethic and a true passion. They roll over rocks to find what they want. You only need to look out there when Van Gorp and Boulton boys are on the ice. Free agents. Much like Brandon Proust, Josh Anderson and Matt Clarke. Roll over the rocks to find the gems.
So, that's why opponents use that as a taunt......" Which rock did you crawl out from under ?" Now I know where that expression originated.:laugh:

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Just noticed that the OHL roster site has London with 4 OA (lawrence, Simpson, MCkinnon and McCue) How does that work

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history

Ken Yates

Jan 15, 2019
With all the 20 goal scorers and elite defenders on the knights team in my opinion i saw the team turn around when this player rejoined the team. Landon Sim. Yes there are many players with more points but every team needs players like Sim who dig,grind and hit every shift.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
With all the 20 goal scorers and elite defenders on the knights team in my opinion i saw the team turn around when this player rejoined the team. Landon Sim. Yes there are many players with more points but every team needs players like Sim who dig,grind and hit every shift.
Good point. His return meant more depth up front... move guys around to produce 3 solid lines, plus the energy he brings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad