London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 9)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
You do realize Fanshawe tv is run by students as part of there course program, good thing the new professor knight watcher will be there next time to show them the tricks of the trade and make the broadcast the best ever
That doesn't excuse the poor quality of just about everything to do with that broadcast from the sound to the camera white balance to the play by play. If they're going to use this as a teaching tool then keep it in-house and don't broadcast it to the paying public. I pay for OHL Live and if all the broadcasts were that poor I and probably every other paying fan would be screaming for our money back.

Reactions: Otto

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Couple of nice bounce back wins. A win is a win is a win and this team needed a couple. Hopefully those 8 they laid on North Bay will build some offensive confidence and allow the defense to lay back and support our goaltenders.

All coming at a good time especially with the Soo dropping one giving us a small spot to breath. Would prefer our last game against the Soo to mean diddly squat other than bragging rights although even a Knight win can't erase the way the Soo has owned our butt recently!

Reactions: Fastpace

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
So if the stars are all in alignment and the standings stay where they are we have 2 games left against the Storm that potentially could be a preview of Round 2.

Of course a lot of "ifs" between here and there (lot of league parity especially in the West) but that matchup could be a lot of fun to say the least! Bigger and Slower against Smaller and Faster it would seem. Guelph has a lot of skill could come down to coaching and goaltending. If it does I like the Knights in both areas with Raymakers I think capable of being the difference maker? What do you all think can he be "The Man" for us? In order to win you have to be strong in goal. Look no further recently then Owen Sound or the Erie Teams.

Reactions: Fastpace and zman77

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
That doesn't excuse the poor quality of just about everything to do with that broadcast from the sound to the camera white balance to the play by play. If they're going to use this as a teaching tool then keep it in-house and don't broadcast it to the paying public. I pay for OHL Live and if all the broadcasts were that poor I and probably every other paying fan would be screaming for our money back.
Humber college does this in Missy and their broadcast is not far off what most offer so the college excuse does not cut it.

Reactions: Otto

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
I could have done a better broadcast with my iPhone and my daughter and I on play-by-play. Those students should demand their tuition money back because, apparently, Fanshawe hasn't taught them a thing.

I could have done a better broadcast with my iPhone and my daughter and I on play-by-play. Those students should demand their tuition money back because, apparently, Fanshawe hasn't taught them a thing.
Did you just quote and respond to yourself? Family gatherings must be a hoot at your house

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Battalion fan here. Thought I would come here for an answer about OHL drafted players to the NHL since your organization puts a ton of player there. Does a team get development fees from the NHL when a player is selected? Or does the league get the money and distribute it thru the league? Is it draft round specific as to how much $$$ is given. Was just wondering as here in the Bay we don't produce NHL prospects!!!! Thx.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Northern Quebec ( Abitibi Québec)
So if the stars are all in alignment and the standings stay where they are we have 2 games left against the Storm that potentially could be a preview of Round 2.

Of course a lot of "ifs" between here and there (lot of league parity especially in the West) but that matchup could be a lot of fun to say the least! Bigger and Slower against Smaller and Faster it would seem. Guelph has a lot of skill could come down to coaching and goaltending. If it does I like the Knights in both areas with Raymakers I think capable of being the difference maker? What do you all think can he be "The Man" for us? In order to win you have to be strong in goal. Look no further recently then Owen Sound or the Erie Teams.

Who has the momentum the most will likely take that series, in their own individual way skill wise they are fairly even. So important to start the game on the right note from opening faceoffs and keep pushing to the final whistle.

Billyjack

Aug 25, 2018
Kitchener -Waterloo

Wont happen as the Rangers will take out the Storm. Love how you guys look ahead to the second round like its a given LOL

Reactions: BrunoDaBear

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Wont happen as the Rangers will take out the Storm. Love how you guys look ahead to the second round like its a given LOL

Nothing is a given but seeds 1,2,3 in the Western Conference very rarely lose in the first round.

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
Battalion fan here. Thought I would come here for an answer about OHL drafted players to the NHL since your organization puts a ton of player there. Does a team get development fees from the NHL when a player is selected? Or does the league get the money and distribute it thru the league? Is it draft round specific as to how much $$$ is given. Was just wondering as here in the Bay we don't produce NHL prospects!!!! Thx.

Hey Samee,

this is going to be a long answer sorry about that, for the cliff notes just skip to the bottom.
As a fan of the OHL/CHL, you should know that any information regarding anything financial, disciplinary, or recruitment/priority selection (don’t call it a draft) related is a heavily guarded secret kept under lock and key buried deep in the bowels of an office building on Milner ave in Scarborough, requiring 2 separate PIN numbers as well as retina scans from Dave Branch and Ted Baker to open. That information was pretty much limited to that as part of the CHL agreement in 2012, the NHL paid the CHL and its teams up to around 10 Million/year dependent on the amount of players drafted. It was always assumed that the team developing the player received a portion of that money but besides that it was pretty hush hush.
However with the lawsuit facing the CHL, the financial portion of that safe was opened up with multiple documents being made public. Scott Wheeler did a ton of work and wrote a great article for pension plan puppets breaking it down.
Full article here: Understanding the unsealed documents from the CHL’s minimum-wage lawsuit

The part of the article pertaining to you question is as follows:

The CHL-NHL Agreement

This is the most revealing of the CHL-wide documents. In November of 2013, the CHL entered into a lucrative deal with the NHL that runs until June 30, 2020. The seven-season agreement pays the CHL as much as nearly $80-million over the entirety of the deal, labelled as a ‘grant’. This includes substantial benefits for individual teams that graduate players to the NHL.
A CHL team is paid up to $60,000 for each player that is signed to an NHL contract and $75,000 for each goalie who agrees to an entry-level contract. CHL teams receive an additional $17,000 per player and $20,000 per goalie if they consent to any junior player 18 years or older being made available to his NHL club. If a CHL graduate plays in the NHL at 18 and 19, his team can profit off of him as much as $145,000 for a player and $175,000 for a goalie.
If Player is retained for the entire NHL season as an 18 year old and for all or part of the second consecutive NHL season as a 19 year old, $145,000 for a player and $175,000 for a goaltender.​
If a player is recalled under emergency conditions, CHL teams receive $1,000 per game played.
As part of the agreement, the NHL also reimburses the CHL more than $255,000 a year to train players on substance abuse, gambling, and assault, as well as more than $315,000 per season for training on concussions, symptoms, and other head injuries.
The agreement is broken down, year-over-year, to compensate the CHL the following:
CHL-NHL Agreement Annual Grants

YEARSEASONAMOUNT
12013/14$10,200,000
22014/15$10,600,000
32015/16$11,000,000
42016/17$11,400,000
52017/18$11,800,000
62018/19$12,200,000
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TFOOT] [/TFOOT]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Basically the team the player was drafted from receives the majority of the money from the NHL.
I am sure there is more to it than that. For example there are rumours regarding players traded in their draft years and their previous team either splitting or keeping the development commissions (I.e. John Tavares).

Hope that helps.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Thanks Rubbers.

Thete is alot more money being tossed around other than tics sold. Its something some people dont take into account.

Graduate kids to the NHL, make more supplementary $. And in turn,that helps rscruitment, helping the wheel spin n gain momentum for a franchise.

Prior to the deal mentioned above, there was also a deal in place with the NHL for compensation based on where players were selected as well.

Thanks again for the informative post. Loved the intro ;)

Reactions: zman77

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
Holy crap....people will complain about anything here. What if it was your son/daughter trying to get an education putting on that broadcast? They are in school....learning. Nobody is perfect, a great example is this forum! If you guys aren't complaining about teenagers playing a sport, you're complaining about teenagers running a broadcast. Grow up.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Northern Quebec ( Abitibi Québec)
Holy crap....people will complain about anything here. What if it was your son/daughter trying to get an education putting on that broadcast? They are in school....learning. Nobody is perfect, a great example is this forum! If you guys aren't complaining about teenagers playing a sport, you're complaining about teenagers running a broadcast. Grow up.

We do pay to see the game live, I for one try to not to criticise individual players but will say something about the team as a whole. But to get a chance to watch any game for free on the tv no matter what conditions, especially when it's brocasted by learning students from local college, you'd think peoples would be more appreciated of their learning efforts to bring them live action on their tv for them to watch for free.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history

This from the guy that used to yell at the Donati Brothers and call them Mary Kate & Ashley

You had Matt Pelech's family yelling at you in Peterborough because of your comments :laugh:

The thing is, if it were minor things they could be overlooked. I get it.. they are learning... however the fact that the entire first period was unwatchable highlights the rest of the issues.

Are you telling me that if a teenager served you a hamburger that was inedible you would just eat it anyway?

Last edited:
Reactions: aresknights
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad