London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 9)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap....people will complain about anything here. What if it was your son/daughter trying to get an education putting on that broadcast? They are in school....learning. Nobody is perfect, a great example is this forum! If you guys aren't complaining about teenagers playing a sport, you're complaining about teenagers running a broadcast. Grow up.
I think the youth of today need to be reminded and told when they perform under par and not up to standards. Otherwise we will be raising a generation that stares at their cell phones all day and who feel they are entitled in every facet of life....oh wait.....

Reactions: Otto

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Northern Quebec ( Abitibi Québec)
This from the guy that used to yell at the Donati Brothers and call them Mary Kate & Ashley

You had Matt Pelech's family yelling at you in Peterborough because of your comments :laugh:

The thing is, if it were minor things they could be overlooked. I get it.. they are learning... however the fact that the entire first period was unwatchable highlights the rest of the issues.

Are you telling me that if a teenager served you a hamburger that was inedible you would just eat it anyway?

You are right Otto. You don't have to eat the hamburger if it's not eatable to your satisfaction and you don't also have to watch the game if it's not watchable to your satisfaction, just the same

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
You are right Otto. You don't have to eat the hamburger if it's not eatable to your satisfaction and you don't also have to watch the game if it's not watchable to your satisfaction, just the same

There are other places to get a hamburger... only one place to watch the game.

And if it's your regular restaurant that you eat at weekly, and the service goes downhill, you're going to talk about it.

Reactions: Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Expect Guelph to be coming on strong tonight and I mean really strong, I am sure they will approach this game as a playoffs game. The Knights are better be at their very best and approach this game the very same way as well, push Guelph back hard when they try to push and meet them strive for strives, it's likely going to be close on the scoreboard all night and I say the best defending team with a goaltender at the very top of his game will win tonight.

Reactions: zman77

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
Expect Guelph to be coming on strong tonight and I mean really strong, I am sure they will approach this game as a playoffs game. The Knights are better be at their very best and approach this game the very same way as well, push Guelph back hard when they try to push and meet them strive for strives, it's likely going to be close on the scoreboard all night and I say the best defending team with a goaltender at the very top of his game will win tonight.

The game really doesn't matter for Guelph.

Of course winning is always best, but they are as locked in to 4th as they could possibly be without the season being over.

No need to overemphasize game number 60.

Reactions: aresknights

NamesAreHardToChoose

Sep 22, 2018

Of course winning is always best, but they are as locked in to 4th as they could possibly be without the season being over.

While I agree, there's a different side to this game; You could also look at in the way that this is a must win game for the Storm if they do want /any/ chance of catching up to Saginaw or SSM in the standings.

hockjock

Oct 4, 2018
London is definitely the more skilled team. The only way Guelph beats London is by playing dirty.

Reactions: Fastpace

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
London is definitely the more skilled team. The only way Guelph beats London is by playing dirty.

Playing dirty, or you know playing up to their skill level unlike the Knights have done in 7 of their past 10 games. Erie,Mississauga & Peterborough have all beat London in the last 2 weeks, The better team on paper doesn’t always win the game, that’s why they play them. On top of that, I am not sold that London is even the better team on paper. I’d take a Raaymakers at his best over a Popovich, but he isn’t alway at his best and Poppy doesn’t always have terrible games like he did last time he was here.
Both teams can score goals, and both teams have bolstered their defense. A series between London/Saginaw/Guelph/Soo can got either way with the scariest being the Soo as they seem to have London figured out as of late.

Tonight could be tight game, London winning big or Guelph winning big. I can’t see an outcome that would shock me.

NamesAreHardToChoose

Sep 22, 2018
Playing dirty, or you know playing up to their skill level unlike the Knights have done in 7 of their past 10 games. Erie,Mississauga & Peterborough have all beat London in the last 2 weeks, The better team on paper doesn’t always win the game, that’s why they play them. On top of that, I am not sold that London is even the better team on paper. I’d take a Raaymakers at his best over a Popovich, but he isn’t alway at his best and Poppy doesn’t always have terrible games like he did last time he was here.
Both teams can score goals, and both teams have bolstered their defense. A series between London/Saginaw/Guelph/Soo can got either way with the scariest being the Soo as they seem to have London figured out as of late.

Tonight could be tight game, London winning big or Guelph winning big. I can’t see an outcome that would shock me.

This.

Everybody is biased, myself included.

The more you see players, the more you either over or undervalue them.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015

It's has absolutely nothing to do with position in the standing, it's all about preparing for the playoffs knowing they can beat a team they'll likely meet in a playoff series.

Reactions: zman77

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
With their sizes we are sure to expect Guelph will try to intimidate London, the thing is does London answers to the Storm's tactic or do they let them be and play the London brand of fast hockey.

Why do I picture Squirrely Dan from Letterkenny when I read this post?

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
As far as the Fanshawe broadcast....
Cut your teeth with a JrB or better yet amidget hockey brosdcast. Im sure the Alliance would appreciate a minor midget playoff game being broadcast for a learning experience.
JrA is a big business. A freebie, a learn as you go experience isnt what 1000s of viewers appreciate. It does them more harm than good in creating future viewers.

Good on them for learning the ropes but whoever thought this was a good idea...... Ill just say no it wasnt

Last edited:
Reactions: Otto
As far as the Fanshawe broadcast....
Cut your teeth with a JrB or better yet mi or hockey brosdcast. Im sure the Alliance would appreciate a minor midget playoff game being broadcast for a learning experience.
JrA is a big business. A freebie, learn as you go experience isnt what 1000s of viewers appreciate. It does them them more harm than good in creating future viewers.

Good on them for learning the ropes but whoever thought this was a good idea...... Ill just say no it wasnt
Your inability to spell hasn't kept you from posting with the big boys ;)

I agree though..for many fans that broadcast was their only way of viewing the game. It shouldn't have been the place to showcase trial and error teaching procedures. Roll the crew out to some minor hockey games and do some dry runs before jumping in feet first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad