London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
wow...its almost like the Knights were bored with how good they really are....there is so much skill on this team I just hope they can string together a great streak going into the playoffs and that they play to there full potential

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Great Game all around for a 8-1 win over North Bay

They played a team game for the full 60 minute, what to note from this game is 15 different Knights had points this afternoon including 1 assist to Raaymakers on Nelson's goal. They needed a game like this one to get their full confidence back

Even though the Battalion were a tire group the Knights didn't take them lightly this time, hopefully they will keep this approach in mind from now on.

Reactions: zman77 and LDN

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
We feasted on a very tired NB team, nothing to gloat about.
Having said that, the Knights played 60 min. of hockey; PP looked very good (and/or NB PK was terrible).
Stranges will definitely dominate this league in the years to come; if you were to count "16 yr old rookie scoring leaders" according to "points per minute of ice time, and excluded PP points since Stranges is not on either PP unit", unlike Perfetti, Perreault, etc...I'd say he would rank near the top of the league in points for rookies!
And, Panwar (who I miss by the way) might even rank above Stranges!
We should have solid depth at forward next season (Foudy, Guskov, McMichael, Stranges, Dunkley, Panwar--not to mention our potential returnees as OAs).
Last year we were "sellers" and our trading partners were (primarily) Hamilton and Kingston...I sure am glad that we snagged Hamilton's 1st rd'r, McMichael, instead of Kingston's Cody Morgan...the talent level between the two of them is "k"night and day. McMichael's goal today was beautiful!
Hope an NHL team signs Brazeau. I think he already has 51 goals (and counting)...not bad for an undrafted player.
I wonder if Tymkin refers to North Bay as "southern" Ontario...just thinking out loud.

Last edited:

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Say the playoffs started today. We would play Windsor in the 1st round and assuming we could get by them and that the top 4 teams advance we would play Guelph in the 2nd round. Not trying to get ahead of ourselves here, but I am thinking it might be better to be in that 2nd spot as we would likely face Saginaw in the 2nd round if all things worked out. Just a thought. We all know that a higher seed is better the majority of the time, but in this case ya never know.
Edit: BTW I prefer Windsor to Erie as they wont give as much trouble as Erie as long as we dont try to play the toughness game against them.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Say the playoffs started today. We would play Windsor in the 1st round and assuming we could get by them and that the top 4 teams advance we would play Guelph in the 2nd round. Not trying to get ahead of ourselves here, but I am thinking it might be better to be in that 2nd spot as we would likely face Saginaw in the 2nd round if all things worked out. Just a thought. We all know that a higher seed is better the majority of the time, but in this case ya never know.
Edit: BTW I prefer Windsor to Erie as they wont give as much trouble as Erie as long as we dont try to play the toughness game against them.

Despite the fact that the Knights recently handed Guelph their asses and Saginaw handed London theirs.

Don't read too much into it.

Reactions: LDN

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
London Knights trample North Bay Battalion

Paul Vanderhoeven
Updated: February 24, 2019
The London Knights broke out with four goals in the second period for an 8-1 win over the North Bay Battalion in Ontario Hockey League action Sunday afternoon at Budweiser Gardens.
“I thought we had a good start in the first. We set the tone and really beared down on our chances,” Knights assistant coach Dylan Hunter said. “It got better in the second, but having two periods where we had sustained pressure, getting chances at the net and scoring on them, it’s just a good benchmark to keep this going forward.”
The Western Conference leaders went into Sunday’s game 5-4-1 in their last 10, but have put in back-to-back solid efforts with Friday night’s 4-2 win over the Hamilton Bulldogs.
“We were on a bad streak,” Hunter said. “So, we just went back to basics, changed some things up . . . and now we’re doing the right things.”
Kevin Hancock, who had a goal and three assists, said Sunday’s win before an announced crowd of 9,008 was a major lift for the struggling Knights.
“We had eight different scorers today, which is huge for us,” Hancock said. “Having the depth of all four lines and all six defencemen going, . . . it’s huge for us to get that big team win.”
The Knights went two-for-five with the man advantage Sunday, which was another bright spot.
“Our power play was working really well today,” Hancock said. “It’s good to have our power play clicking because it’s going to be huge down the stretch and into the playoffs.”
London Knights trample North Bay Battalion

Reactions: Fastpace

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Despite the fact that the Knights recently handed Guelph their asses and Saginaw handed London theirs.

Don't read too much into it.

Exactly, dont read into it. And just finish as high as you can for home ice.

Who cares who ya play. Ya win 3 rds to get to the finals or ya dont.
Gotta beat who ever is in front of you.

No idea why someone would want to finish 2nd? And give up potential home ice in rd 3. Seems odd.

Londoner Knight

Aug 31, 2016
London Ont
Exactly, dont read into it. And just finish as high as you can for home ice.

Who cares who ya play. Ya win 3 rds to get to the finals or ya dont.
Gotta beat who ever is in front of you.

No idea why someone would want to finish 2nd? And give up potential home ice in rd 3. Seems odd.

Let's stop for a second and actually consider what's been posted. Some would rather finish 2nd so we can get and easier route to a Championship? How does a TRUE champion stand and say "we were better than the rest" when all they did was play whoever someone else knocked out for us? Sounds to me like showing up for a fist fight on the school yard waiting for someone else do do your dirty work for you. If we finish 1st, we pack a lunch and go to work...period. Get the job done with the crew we have and GET...IT...DONE. Do you think Marner, Tkachuk, Dvo, Parson, Jones, Bouchard, Thomas and company asked to play the last place team for OHL Championship and Mem Cup run?....seriously? Put your big boy pants on and EARN a title....don't have it handed to your by circumstance, otherwise...we'll call you Windsor! Bring on whoever...whenever, otherwise...take a dump now and let a team that's truly hungry for a title win in on the opportunity of a lifetime to be a TRUE CHAMPION through effort.

Ok...I'm done.

Reactions: zman77

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
I want first overall in the OHL because the boys have a 26-3-2-0 Record at home with 165 Goals for and 81 Against. On the contrary their Road record is 15-8-4-1 AKA 15 Wins and 13 Losses which isnt spectacular by any means with 103 Goals for and 96 Goals against. I'll take home advantage all day every day against anyone!!! ;)

Emt8

Feb 11, 2019
Looked like Stranges re aggravated that knee injury near the end of the game when Brazeau hit him. I don’t think he played another shift. Hope he’s alright. Might see Evangelista or Panwar play Tuesday. No sense in taking any chances with Stranges, make sure he’s 100% for the playoffs

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Slightly off topic but the 'televised' game was an embarrasment to watch. I could have done a better job using my phone to record the play by play from the stands.

Reactions: Otto

MikeBossy14

Jan 14, 2018
Ingersoll
Slightly off topic but the 'televised' game was an embarrasment to watch. I could have done a better job using my phone to record the play by play from the stands.
You do realize Fanshawe tv is run by students as part of there course program, good thing the new professor knight watcher will be there next time to show them the tricks of the trade and make the broadcast the best ever

Reactions: shanewalsh

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
You do realize Fanshawe tv is run by students as part of there course program, good thing the new professor knight watcher will be there next time to show them the tricks of the trade and make the broadcast the best ever
That doesn't absolve them of criticism. It was horrible. For the first period the sound was 2 minutes ahead of the picture. The camera person had difficulty following the puck all game and the two gentlemen on the broadcast spent long stretches of game play having a conversation instead of doing the play by play. I get that they are students but when they are putting their product on display they will get compared to the usual broadcast ... which by the way is done by volunteers

Last edited:

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Let's stop for a second and actually consider what's been posted. Some would rather finish 2nd so we can get and easier route to a Championship? How does a TRUE champion stand and say "we were better than the rest" when all they did was play whoever someone else knocked out for us? Sounds to me like showing up for a fist fight on the school yard waiting for someone else do do your dirty work for you. If we finish 1st, we pack a lunch and go to work...period. Get the job done with the crew we have and GET...IT...DONE. Do you think Marner, Tkachuk, Dvo, Parson, Jones, Bouchard, Thomas and company asked to play the last place team for OHL Championship and Mem Cup run?....seriously? Put your big boy pants on and EARN a title....don't have it handed to your by circumstance, otherwise...we'll call you Windsor! Bring on whoever...whenever, otherwise...take a dump now and let a team that's truly hungry for a title win in on the opportunity of a lifetime to be a TRUE CHAMPION through effort.

Ok...I'm done.
Thanks Dale Kidding. This sounds like one of those old time hard nose coaches from days gone by. Funny stuff.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
That doesn't absolve them of criticism. It was horrible. For the first period the sound was 2 minutes ahead of the picture. The camera person had difficulty following the puck all game and the two gentlemen on the broadcast spent long stretches of game play having a conversation instead of doing the play by play. I get that they are students but when they are putting their product on display they will get compared to the usual broadcast ... which by the way is done by volunteers
agreed idk why they didnt just do a nationals game

If you put out a subpar product/perfomance ANYWHERE in life...expect criticism

Reactions: TheCoach and Otto
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad