London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
I fear you may be right. On the telecast they said the next televised game was this coming Tuesday against Guelph.

Glad I got tickets to Sunday's game ;) The knights lost the first 3 games I went to see them play this year and have won the last 11 straight that I have gone to see them play including winning in Niagara and beating Saginaw and Guelph and Ottawa so you guys should get me some free tickets to all the playoff games and the boys may have a chance to go all the way LMAO :);):popcorn:

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Why didnt anyone stick up for the rook?

Unfortunately this is the new hockey, the old era is gone. They have taken the big leg breaking and nose flattening team enforcer out of the game, they are now becoming less in demandes at the pro levels. The league severely penalize players with suspension after their third fight. On the Knights you may have Tymkin or Lochead that could do some damages but they are looking to get pro contracts somewhere, they got to produce to get the attentions, you don’t get it if you are suspended and not on the ice producing or making things happons

Last edited:
Reactions: zman77 and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Milestones that are still within reach for the season:
50 wins ( 10 games left...will be tough)
100 points ( Knights sit at 87)
300 goals for ( 260 right now)

Individual milestones:
Hancock 50 goals (at 47 right now), 100 points (94 right now)
McMichael 40 goals (34 right now), 70 points (65 right now)
Foudy 40 goals( 31 right now) 70 points (61 right now)
Boqvist 20 Goals (17 right now) 60 points ( 51 right now)
Dunkley 50 points ( 49 right now)
Tymkin 50 points ( 44 right now)
Bouchard 50 points ( 41 right now)
J. Keane 40 points ( 35 right now)
Nelson 20 Goals ( 16 right now)

Raaymakers 30 wins ( 28 right now)
Kooy 15 wins ( 12 right now)

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
Individual milestones:

Raaymakers 30 wins ( 28 right now)

Raaymakers currently third for OHL all time wins @ 107.
Needs 7 more wins to become second in all time wins.

Reactions: LDN

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
While not a textbook game Friday night, at least Hamilton played worse then we did. I figure we go 7 - 3 in the last 10 games on a difficult close out schedule.

Rayzor will get his 30 wins but probably fall short of the 7 wins he needs for 3rd overall.
Hancock will finish with 51 goals.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
While not a textbook game Friday night, at least Hamilton played worse then we did. I figure we go 7 - 3 in the last 10 games on a difficult close out schedule.

Rayzor will get his 30 wins but probably fall short of the 7 wins he needs for 3rd overall.
Hancock will finish with 51 goals.
I would say that JR for sure gets his 30, Hanner gets his 50 and 100.....this should happen unless we fall off the face of the earth lol

Reactions: zman77

Hockeyguy128

Feb 24, 2019
We gotta do something about Turko out there. He’s a static player that lacks hockey sense. His vision is up and down and he won’t ever look yet alone pass across the ice. His hands are not up to an OHL level either. He needs to start making plays instead up skating up and down one side of the ice and dumping the puck in. Pucks deep is one thing but multiple missed backdoor chances at crucial moments is another. Limit his minutes or work with him on developing his hockey sense because you can’t score from shooting it into the corner. Except for his last goal I guess.

But that Russian kid Guskov. Wow. He is quite the show. I mean I said good game to him once and he said “nice, you?”, kinda threw me off but anyways he’s a weapon out their a mini ovechkin. The way he can move the puck and his elusiveness is just superb. Tell the trainer to get him a can of coke on the bench and dictionary because we have a Russian superstar in the making!

We gotta do something about Turko out there. He’s a static player that lacks hockey sense. His vision is up and down and he won’t ever look yet alone pass across the ice. His hands are not up to an OHL level either. He needs to start making plays instead up skating up and down one side of the ice and dumping the puck in. Pucks deep is one thing but multiple missed backdoor chances at crucial moments is another. Limit his minutes or work with him on developing his hockey sense because you can’t score from shooting it into the corner. Except for his last goal I guess.

But that Russian kid Guskov. Wow. He is quite the show. I mean I said good game to him once and he said “nice, you?”, kinda threw me off but anyways he’s a weapon out their a mini ovechkin. The way he can move the puck and his elusiveness is just superb. Tell the trainer to get him a can of coke on the bench and dictionary because we have a Russian superstar in the making!
Turko has a role and plays it to a tee.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

I am afraid my new friend you are gravely mistaken about Turko, and by the way welcome to this board and to this forum , no disrespect but perhaps it is your eyes and not Turko that is not at the OHL level

You right about Guskov, he's a big part of the Knights offense for sure and also plays extremely well on his defensive side of his game too and that's something they are looking for at the pro level

Last edited:
Reactions: LDN and zman77

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
exactly PP
management loves Turko. Simpson was on a pod cast were he said Turko is the guy who will do whatever is asked of him he also holds himself accountable and buys into the game plan.
imo Turko plays checking role perfectly he may not get to the next level but he has a role on this team.
A few other players on this team could learn a thing or two from Turko :sarcasm:

Reactions: LDN and zman77
exactly PP
management loves Turko. Simpson was on a pod cast were he said Turko is the guy who will do whatever is asked of him he also holds himself accountable and buys into the game plan.
imo Turko plays checking role perfectly he may not get to the next level but he has a role on this team.
A few other players on this team could learn a thing or two from Turko :sarcasm:
I like the kid..have since midget. He's not flashy but that's not his game. He grinds...fore-checks(one of the best on the team) and just does what's asked of him. Excellent PK guy and shot blocker too

Nov 28, 2014
London, ON
I like the kid..have since midget. He's not flashy but that's not his game. He grinds...fore-checks(one of the best on the team) and just does what's asked of him. Excellent PK guy and shot blocker too
The downside is plays die on his stick constantly. He hinders the offensive ability of those around him. I sit in 310 for every game and it happens consistently. Playing him with the rookies is a mistake as he has limited offensive vision. Dunkley played that role well.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Exactly. As long as he plays a checking role on the 4th line, I'm ok with Turko. I don't like it when he plays on a line with skilled players because then he becomes a liability--i.e. cannot generate any offence with Turko.
Turko thrives on the PK, great work ethic and is a smart player.

The downside is plays die on his stick constantly. He hinders the offensive ability of those around him. I sit in 310 for every game and it happens consistently. Playing him with the rookies is a mistake as he has limited offensive vision. Dunkley played that role well.
Plays die on #80's and #18's stick more as well as others...should we relegate them all to the bench? Bigger issues with this team than the odd play dying on #12's stick. I sit in 309...perhaps I see more from my seat ;)

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Plays die on #80's and #18's stick more as well as others...should we relegate them all to the bench? Bigger issues with this team than the odd play dying on #12's stick. ...;)

:thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:

We have bigger issues than worrying about Turko, he's the farthest thing from a problem on this team.

Leadership, 60 minutes of effort, stop missing your defensive assignments, you can deke through all 5 opposition players, etc., etc.,etc.......

Reactions: PhlyerPhanatic31

Hockeyguy128

Feb 24, 2019

You are absolutely right. Sure he can forecheck and grind it out and is defensive but offensively he isn’t a skill guy. His hands hold him back and generating offence with guys that don’t want to go into the corners is a nightmare when he’s constantly dumping the puck in. He only sees what’s in front of him and doesn’t have the best vision.

Reactions: jamemcca

Hockeyguy128

Feb 24, 2019
I think Matvey Guskov deserves a leadership role on the team. He’s got a good heart for the game and from what google translate told me I think he said he would do anything for any player on that team. We don’t need stuck up so called leaders with chips on their shoulders to what lead the team to cockiness? No I think Matvey Guskov should be captain for his work ethic and the tenacity he brings to every game.

But in all fairness his English needs to become a lot better before this is even considered.

Hockeyguy128

Feb 24, 2019
I think Matvey Guskov deserves a leadership role on the team. He’s got a good heart for the game and from what google translate told me I think he said he would do anything for any player on that team. We don’t need stuck up so called leaders with chips on their shoulders to what lead the team to cockiness? No I think Matvey Guskov should be captain for his work ethic and the tenacity he brings to every game.

But in all fairness his English needs to become a lot better before this is even considered.

Give Guskov the “C” Rip it off Bouchard and waive Turko. He’ll need that “C” for when he’s playjng Junior C

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
This board is crazy, nothing wrong with Turko. Yes Bouchard has not been sharp but you live and die by your best players, and he is the knights best player by far.... he deserves the C

Hockeyguy128

Feb 24, 2019
This board is crazy, nothing wrong with Turko. Yes Bouchard has not been sharp but you live and die by your best players, and he is the knights best player by far.... he deserves the C

The “C” has nothing to do with skill though. It’s about leadership on and off the ice and he displays none of that. Just because you’re the best player does not give you the right to earn the “C”. It’s a privelage and not a right.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
The “C” has nothing to do with skill though. It’s about leadership on and off the ice and he displays none of that. Just because you’re the best player does not give you the right to earn the “C”. It’s a privelage and not a right.

Having the C means very little as well. Kids know who the leaders in the room are.
Who has a letter stitched on their uni is not a problem with this squad.
There are lots of other things that need work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad