Prospect Info: Logan Mailloux Part 3 The Only Hockey Talk Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
While he COULD probably play in Montreal next year and provide decent offensive numbers, he'll get benched and scratched for defensive mistakes.

He needs to spend some time in Laval, and that's perfectly fine. As many have said already, he barely played in the last two years.

Patience.

Last edited:

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Who said he was a bust ?
Defensive IQ is not something that easy to taught and learn like some seem to think, especially for a Dmen. I'm not that sure Mailloux will be able to have that. Didn't see improvement in that part of the game since last year

Your comment....sounds like you have labelled him a bust as a defenseman.

Reactions: Kojo

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Defensive IQ is not something that easy to taught and learn like some seem to think, especially for a Dmen. I'm not that sure Mailloux will be able to have that. Didn't see improvement in that part of the game since last year

Your comment....sounds like you have labelled him a bust as a defenseman.
I didn't get that sense out from his post many many defenseman have gone on to have decent careers without being stalwart defenders. Much depends on how you pair them and understanding what you truly have. The reality is the very top defenders just have more of the stuff you can't teach.

While he COULD probably play in Montreal next year and provide decent offensive numbers, he'll get benched and scratched for defensive mistakes.

He needs to spend since time in Laval, and that's perfectly fine. As many have said already, he barely played in the last two years.

Patience.
Yeah MSL/Robidas are going to prefer the steady play of Kovacevic and he won't displace Barron or Savard if he's still with us. No way they keep him around as a 7.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
We are not trading our 1st or Slaf. We are using the Trouba leverage card. We talked about this before... you're ignoring circumstance. Jets took futures in the Trouba trade and they were more contenders then vs who they are now.

Jets are not in the drivers seat on this one bud. Rethink that through
Jets have 2024 TDL as leverage. They don't have to deal with habs if they think they can get more next TDL

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
What happened to General Nimitz's reports? Made a handful of allusions to his own imminent demise hope it didn't happen yet.

Imagine the numbers he'd put up had he actually played the last 2 years. I also doubt the D would be as bad.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Will be interesting to see what the NHL does and what hoops if any they make the Habs and Mailloux jump through to get him in the league. 20 goals is nice for a dman.

Reactions: Hins77

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Jets have 2024 TDL as leverage. They don't have to deal with habs if they think they can get more next TDL

Yes but those are late 1sts and a B+ prospect type return (will also have to take on a contract like Horvat trade). They won't get both a late 1st and Grade A prospect at the 2024 deadline. Horvat trade is the best they can get.

If the Habs offer the Panthers pick as the prime piece on draft day (pick in the 12-18 range), what other team can trump this? Jets waiting it out with a distraction all season is not something I see them doing. They will value that Panthers pick offer if we offer it on draft day. Jets could make a play on another center and use the allocated cap space they had for Dubois. These are things they look at this summer and no way they will delay it IMO. Imagine being a playoff team again next year and are forced to either let Dubois walk or trade him as a pending UFA? I doubt this is in their play book bud. Circumstance and context are very important.

If Dubois keeps pushing his way to UFA, his value is limited and so are the Jets leverage.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

He needs to spend some time in Laval, and that's perfectly fine. As many have said already, he barely played in the last two years.

Patience.

The Therrien/Julien/Ducharme days are over, MSL and Robidas actually let kids use their skills and play through mistakes, as opposed to being benched for every little mistake.

That being said, I definitely agree patience is needed and time in Laval will help him a lot.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Will be interesting to see what the NHL does and what hoops if any they make the Habs and Mailloux jump through to get him in the league. 20 goals is nice for a dman.

I genuinely don't see how they can. What he did is in fact a misdemeanor and he's already done counselling + spoken to young men about why what he did was wrong.

If they ask for much more and I was Mailloux I'd file a lawsuit. It's a little fuzzy because he committed the crime in another country but in Canada it's pretty hard to not hire someone because of a misdemeanor action from when they were a minor.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I genuinely don't see how they can. What he did is in fact a misdemeanor and he's already done counselling + spoken to young men about why what he did was wrong.

If they ask for much more and I was Mailloux I'd file a lawsuit. It's a little fuzzy because he committed the crime in another country but in Canada it's pretty hard to not hire someone because of a misdemeanor action from when they were a minor.
Hope you are right but until the league gives the ok anything can happen. When the Bruins signed Mitchell Miller, Bettman commented on Mailloux saying he would have to get approved even if he has a contract as there remains a ban in place. I think the league will let him play due to the stuff you mentioned but they could potentially argue what he did goes against the league morality etc codes and because of that he cannot play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad