Prospect Info: Logan Mailloux Part 3 The Only Hockey Talk Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
He’s our Brent Burns candidate.
Ive comped him to Subban for a while now, but Burns could be better. Mailloux on one pairing and Hutson on another and we will have two offensive dynamos in our top 4. Both just need to be passibly good defensively and Mailloux looks like he’s on his way as his raw skating/size/reach do a good chunk of the work for him.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Ive comped him to Subban for a while now, but Burns could be better. Mailloux on one pairing and Hutson on another and we will have two offensive dynamos in our top 4. Both just need to be passibly good defensively and Mailloux looks like he’s on his way as his raw skating/size/reach do a good chunk of the work for him.
This is no automatic. Our forward group has to improve by leaps and bounds to support this configuaration IMO. The onus can't always fall soley on the D.
Right now our top two lines are often not very good as a 5 man unit.

Reactions: Tyson

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Either that or we see Mailloux and Hutson start out their careers as forwards, as Brent Burns and Byfuglien did. Both would be sick at forward until they learn to defend, if ever. And the dcore isn't too shabby without them:

Matheson Reinbacher
Guhle Barron
Xhekaj Engstrom/Struble/Kovacevic/Harris

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Either that or we see Mailloux and Hutson start out their careers as forwards, as Brent Burns and Byfuglien did. Both would be sick at forward until they learn to defend, if ever. And the dcore isn't too shabby without them:

Matheson Reinbacher
Guhle Barron
Xhekaj Engstrom/Struble/Kovacevic/Harris
That D core is horrific lol what do you mean

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I’m not sold on Barron being in the long term plans. Imo he is one the weakest links atm. We will see. I think Maillioux surpasses him on the depth charts pretty soon.
I agree. As I previously noted, I suspect that not only Mailloux, but several other defensive prospects will pass Barron on the team’s defensive depth chart.

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
the entire defense has struggled so I don't know what they are coaching but it's been a massive issue so far this season that is getting better but still bad unless they like giving up breakaways.

Mailloux at times looks lost in his own end, he makes some really bad decisions but the offense is flashing more and with his frame/size/skating/mobility/reach + good to possibly very good offensive skills is a lot to work with. He will likely need to be paired with Guhle down the road.
The good news is he is young and has missed a lot of hockey and time is on his side to improve his awareness on the ice. It often confounds me that so many players are so unaware at times. Seeing Evan Bouchard in last years playoffs was alarming as was Dougie Hamilton. A lot of this is pretty basic stuff,yet it happens more often than it should.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
This is no automatic. Our forward group has to improve by leaps and bounds to support this configuaration IMO. The onus can't always fall soley on the D.
Right now our top two lines are often not very good as a 5 man unit.
No, you're right, but some youngsters up front still need to mature and the top-4 D isn't exactly Guhle - Mailloux, Hutson - Reinbacher quality, IMO.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
You and I are in agreement regarding Logan Mailloux. This kid has huge upside and my only hope is that they don't rush him.
He's trending towards another year in the AHL which is probably a good thing.
I can't see him making the jump based on what we've seen so far.
The good news is there is still plenty of racetrack this season.

Reactions: Tyson

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
He's trending towards another year in the AHL which is probably a good thing.
I can't see him making the jump based on what we've seen so far.
The good news is there is still plenty of racetrack this season.
Considering the games missed by this young man I think he’s ahead of schedule. Kid had tremendous upside and I’m a believer that he will reach it.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Mailloux was just spotted at the MTL airport this morning, like 5 min ago.

Called up?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad