Post-Game Talk: Lmao worst collapse in NHL history

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

wampa13jku

I'm one of those 6 FLA fans.
Jun 29, 2019
Davie, FL
Luongo on the drum on Monday. Come on, no brainer.

Actually, screw that, last time they did something for Lu (hall of fame induction event) they took the biggest shit against Dallas? we gotta honor Lu the team plays like they hate the guy.

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
1719088645168.png

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Luongo on the drum on Monday. Come on, no brainer.

Actually, screw that, last time they did something for Lu (hall of fame induction event) they took the biggest shit against Dallas? we gotta honor Lu the team plays like they hate the guy.
Who better to have for a game 7 Stanley cup final deciding game, at home, than Luongo…

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Well here's a probably too long post but wanted to put my thoughts somewhere and try to find a hint of optimism:

I mentioned this in my series preview post and feel like it's come true these last 3 games: "My biggest micro level concerns are we don’t give up many but when we do the chances we’re allowing are really high danger and Edmonton will capitalize there"

Part of it is definitely score effects but shot attempt and scoring chance counts both ways have continued to be extremely low. Edmonton has just finished almost every rush chance they’ve had and especially the early ones which has left us chasing the game.

Frustrating to see simple mistakes and momentary lack of concentration be so costly like on the first goal of each of the last 3 games, goal 2 yesterday, etc. Obviously have to be sharper and way more mindful of getting beat behind.

That said, I feel like there’s been a lack of discourse out there that, while Edmonton is dominant at home, which makes sense given their crowd/energy and the effect that last change will have when you have McDrai and friends at the top of your lineup, 3 of the last 4 games and 2 of the 3 losses have been in Edmonton. We're still 2-1 in Florida. Score effects again were a large part but we were the significantly better team 5v5 in game 5 at home and completely neutralized their offense in game 2 at home.

You take a look at games 2 and 5 above and I think there's a lot to work with there. At the end of the day, anything can happen in game 7. We'll have to kill another 3 penalties and not give up goals with 2 and 8 seconds left on the PP like game 5. We'll really want to score first for once. But I am confident that we can have the better of the 5v5 play at home and hopefully get the right bounces

Scumbag Frank

Hard Time in the Slammer
Apr 13, 2010
Vancouver
It’ll be like the 2011 Canucks, won the first two games at home including a shutout in game one, go on to lose in 7. They lost in game three 8-1 and shutout in game four 5-0. They at least won game five 1-0 before losing 5-2 and then 4-0 in game 7. But fairly similar looking situation except we’ll blow a 3-0 series lead instead of a 2-0 lead
This is a very very similar feeling as someone who lived through that 2011 run.
Our players and franchise never recovered mentally from that loss and a #1 powerhouse team that dominated the NHL instantly went into a tailspin eventually causing ownership to lose their minds, management/coaches to get fired, and a 10 year decade of darkness led by Jim freaking Benning.
As a fan, it's still traumatic to think about 13 years later.

If you guys blow this, it would be even worse than what happened to us in 2011. PRAY that you win game 7 for the sake of your franchise and your own sanity as fans

Last edited:

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Our players and franchise never recovered mentally from that loss and a #1 powerhouse team that dominated the NHL instantly went into a tailspin eventually causing ownership to lose their minds, management/coaches to get fired, and a 10 year decade of darkness led by Jim freaking Benning.

If you guys blow this, it would be even worse than what happened to us in 2011. PRAY that you win game 7 for the sake of your franchise

Thanks for stopping by!

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012

If you guys blow this, it would be even worse than what happened to us in 2011. PRAY that you win game 7 for the sake of your franchise and your own sanity as fans
Trust me, we’re all praying

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Need that championship energy. Similar to when we had JP, Livan Hernandez, and Zo. It was kinda cool I guess that they got jack nicklaus but pretty funny and not exactly awe inspiring watching him lightly tapping the drum lol. Too bad Josh Beckett probably doesn’t live down here. Wade would be the ideal get
Doesn't Tiger Woods live down this way?

Reactions: harv33173

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Some are saying there is nothing left for Paul to do. He’s switched his lines etc etc.

But there is plenty of film work to do. That’s number one.
Then we need a player meeting only..dudes got to get it together.

And number 3 the crowd has to be louder and crazier than game 5..

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
For Monday, it’s their legacy on the line. They’ll have to live with it more than we will. Whether it be their state with the fans, the taint on the legacy of their careers, hall of fame considerations, everything. This will be a stain on all of them forever. They can’t play timid or scared about losing. They need to be freaking angry as all hell and say over my dead body are we losing this. Who knows, maybe no matter what they do the oilers will just be better, but they need to play every minute, every second of those 60min like their lives and careers depend on it. Don’t take a single moment for granted, get in front of every shot if you need to, throw everything on net, move the puck with purpose, leave everything out there. This is literally the most defining moment of their lives. But it feels like when Thanos arrives in wakanda at the end of infinity war. “One to go…”. Or the ending of endgame. Losing isn’t an option

zeroG

Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Some are saying there is nothing left for Paul to do. He’s switched his lines etc etc.

But there is plenty of film work to do. That’s number one.
Then we need a player meeting only..dudes got to get it together.

And number 3 the crowd has to be louder and crazier than game 5..

the team met after the game last night.

the coaches have been making adjustments. they've had to because Edmonton has forced us to by sending guys out to anchor the neutral zone after a turnover. our D is having to decide whether they can gamble and pinch and we're off our game now. mess's breathless oiler favoritism is hard to bear but I just watched the clip of the post-game show and I think he's right - Edmonton's forced us away from our high-pressure pinch game that disrupted them in games 1-3 and we're in-between right now.

we tamped down on the rush chances in general but we've been making terrible plays, with and without the puck that have resulted in grade A+ rush chances that are in a different category. and, to be fair, they are burying them.

we we're better on the PK and didn't give up a shorty but the oilers are owning virtually every aspect of play right now and we keep making mistakes - swaggy's pizza, four players below the dots on Henrique's goal, terrible shot by gus on that 3rd one. kinda feels like whack-a-mole for Maurice as the team's play and confidence have slipped.

you gotta give the oilers credit - they are playing good hockey. they've adjusted, they are winning in a different fashion every night. most importantly, they stopped giving away goals and applied themselves 110% to defense and winning battles. we've kinda gone in the opposite direction as our guys' confidence (maybe stamina) has faltered.

there are tactical issues and there are confidence issues. as the PDOCast guys said today, we've run out of time to fix things.

I know this group has it in them to beat the oilers on Monday but they have not given us a lot of reason to believe. as we all know, we can't chase the game. I can't see Edmonton throwing in the towel but first goal would give the players and fans a jolt of energy and maybe, just maybe, put some doubt in the oilers' minds.

all that said, I will be watching and rooting on Monday (and next year...)

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
Well here's a probably too long post but wanted to put my thoughts somewhere and try to find a hint of optimism:

I mentioned this in my series preview post and feel like it's come true these last 3 games: "My biggest micro level concerns are we don’t give up many but when we do the chances we’re allowing are really high danger and Edmonton will capitalize there"

Part of it is definitely score effects but shot attempt and scoring chance counts both ways have continued to be extremely low. Edmonton has just finished almost every rush chance they’ve had and especially the early ones which has left us chasing the game.

Frustrating to see simple mistakes and momentary lack of concentration be so costly like on the first goal of each of the last 3 games, goal 2 yesterday, etc. Obviously have to be sharper and way more mindful of getting beat behind.

That said, I feel like there’s been a lack of discourse out there that, while Edmonton is dominant at home, which makes sense given their crowd/energy and the effect that last change will have when you have McDrai and friends at the top of your lineup, 3 of the last 4 games and 2 of the 3 losses have been in Edmonton. We're still 2-1 in Florida. Score effects again were a large part but we were the significantly better team 5v5 in game 5 at home and completely neutralized their offense in game 2 at home.

You take a look at games 2 and 5 above and I think there's a lot to work with there. At the end of the day, anything can happen in game 7. We'll have to kill another 3 penalties and not give up goals with 2 and 8 seconds left on the PP like game 5. We'll really want to score first for once. But I am confident that we can have the better of the 5v5 play at home and hopefully get the right bounces
Panthers haven't adjusted at all. Outscored 20-5 since the end of the 2nd game 3. Oilers keep that cherry picker that keeps the Panthers d spread out and they haven't countered it for 3 f***ing games. I appreciate that Edmonton is a weak road team but cmon the Panthers are broken. 5 goals with McDavid having zero points lol. He's gonna pop off, it feels like a 9-3 redux is going to happen.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
I trust in Zito this organization is a blessing and will always look to improve and not lose its position in the greater scheme of things whatever happens we are in good hands for many years to come.

I don't to see ANYONE blaming the f'ing fans in any part of this. It's time for this sorry ass team to show up for the fans.
We actually need to applaud our fans the watch parties have shown new support and interest.
BUT THEY NEED TO START FROM MINUTE ONE AND SUSTAIN A LOUDNESS THAT PEOPLE WILL TALK ABOUT. People still remember the loud crowd at the Notre Dame game at Hard Rock.

Last edited:
Reactions: harv33173
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad