Speculation: List of players per team that may be available

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Blues:

Tarasenko
Scandella
Clifford
Walman
Mikkola

The first two make way too much and shouldn’t be here next season. Clifford may be waived at some point. And the bottom 2 don’t have much value but they’re expendable for an upgrade on D.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Flames:

For reasonable asking price:
Sean Monahan
Tyler Pitlick

For cheap:
Nikita Zadorov

For an overpayment:
Probably just about anyone except maybe Lindholm and Mangiapane.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
to answer OP,
available no ?
Strome
Geo
Hajek
McKegg

these guys are cap casualties who are no prob now, but we can't afford next yr
all are expiring and retain to add to price is doable

Gauthier is not getting mins b'c strome
once Strome goes
hopefully they listen to me and do
LaF - Chytil - Gauthier
as a line

G is cheap and productive w/correct linemates
should not be dealt

not looking to deal Krav but he is available for the right price

we are likewise building up value of Jones, but unlike other prospects who have a path, Jones is Fox lite and his path is blocked by Fox.
Have coupla yrs to up his value
A solid enuf offer, or he is a sweetener in a big package

Of course, theoretically almost everyone is available at the right price, which = profit which may or may not = overpayment depending on the player and the circumstances

There are 2 sides here and Krav could have handled it better
But Drury, who I generally like, is partly at fault here.

Drury wants to make his mark and was not as high on this guy as his predecessor
fine

but instead of being constructive, they drag their feet moving strome who math says cannot stay and use waivers on Hajek, who also should be dealt, they force this kid's hand

whole thing reminds me of when Emile Francis, who can eff himself, traded Park and Ratelle for Espo and Vadnais, just to show he could and he was gonna break that group.

Now the backlash.
fine, everybody is settling down

Krav goes nowhere unless it is profitable for us to deal him

We want futures, pref high picks

taking on vets when we are tightroping salary until Trouba goes w'in 2 more seasons is not smart, and eff the win now mentality of desperate gambles that goes there,
build
build
build

Krav was and still has most of 9OA value despite bargain hunters here trying to drive that down
Now if NY wants to move the guy now I could see a small discount in order.
So his value is like betw 9-12OA ish pick, no lower than 15OA
or something that is equivalent to that

no late 1st
no 2nd only
You're absolutely out to lunch. Kratsov's value is NOWHERE near 9th-12th overall pick.

And Jones is not Fox-lite. In what world is a recent 3rd round pick doing mediocre in the AHL comparable to the reigning Norris winner? No one else on the planet thinks that but you.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
You're absolutely out to lunch. Kratsov's value is NOWHERE near 9th-12th overall pick.

And Jones is not Fox-lite. In what world is a recent 3rd round pick doing mediocre in the AHL comparable to the reigning Norris winner? No one else on the planet thinks that but you.

wrong x 2.

First, Krav is worth that. If he wasn't, there'd be no reason for Drury to expect he'd get in that range for him.

And unlike Lias, who was all effed up from sq 1, K is the real deal.
He set KHL record last time there and will be fine once he gets here and doesn't have to deal w/screwball bs concern he may get sent down if for no other reason than that Drury doesn't like him.

------
As to Jones, eye test says you're wrong.
Had a very good preseason.
Yes, there is a long way to go from
projects
to Fox lite to actually shows he is Fox lite at NHL level.

But that is what he projects atm.

Also, there was some ranking that had him ballpark top 50-ish.
Not impossible he goes from 3rd to 1st in a redraft.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
So Holl is crap now. When I said to give him up in the expansion draft to save McCann TO fans were outraged... lol

I never felt like Holl was crap, but he was never a top 4 D. Bottom pairing D yes, but not top 4.

Seriously though McCann would have helped TOR's Center depth a whole lot.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Also just my opinion, but I think Kailer Yamamoto could be available as part of a package for a legit starting goaltender or 2RW.

I was going to mention him

Koskinen , Yamamoto , Kassian , Barrie , McLeod , Benson , Prospects and picks not including 1st , Holloway , Broberg , Samoukov and Bourgault are available for a goalie , upgrade 2 RW and 3 LD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad