Speculation: List of players per team that may be available

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
What's the real value in a trade for either of those asks?

I have no idea, honestly. If the 2RW is a rental Yamamoto straight up is probably decent value. I'd imagine we'd probably prefer to give up a first rounder than to give up KY.

Starting goalie is definitely more complex. We don't have a lot of cap space, and there's a pretty wide gulf in goalie values. I think our most likely target is John Gibson, but his value will be astronomical and it's further complicated by it being an in-division deal.

There's a reason we're stuck with Smith/Koskinen for the third straight year.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Usually this is where we'd say Duchene and Johansen but both of them (especially Duchene) have been pretty good this year so I have no idea now.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
List of players who are in the coach's Dog House or play little and therefore might want a trade or scenario change.

Habs:Adam Brooks,Sami Niku,Cedric Paquette,Samuel Montembeault

Hawks:Dylan Strome
the entire team except for Romanov & Suzuki... simple as that

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Also just my opinion, but I think Kailer Yamamoto could be available as part of a package for a legit starting goaltender or 2RW.
I think the Oilers hang onto Yamamoto. He's cheap and he's starting to get a scoring touch back. Plus I don't think the rest of the league would value him that highly after his sophomore slump last year.

Maybe if he fetched a late first similar to Hartman or Kapanen it'd make sense to do that then flip the first for a more established top 6 rental, but that doesn't seem likely imo.

Reactions: Llamamoto

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Detroit

Lots of players are potentially available.
But the obvious ones with some value are:

G: Thomas Greiss.
LD: Nick Leddy
RD: Troy Stecher
LW/C: Robby Fabbri
F: Vlad Namestnikov

All UFAs.
Trade value's going to depend on demand, obviously.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Even Bertuzzi? Why?

He wouldn't come cheap, of course. But he's in his late 20s, he's coming off a pretty nasty back injury, and he hasn't made it much above 50 points in a full season. He's a good player, but he's not completely irreplaceable.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Kris Russell.

It's long suspected that Koskinen will be part of a package going out for a goalie upgrade as well. I can't imagine Edmonton wants to go into the playoffs with a Smith/Koskinen duo a third time.

I know I don’t want too. I could see Edmonton being willing to move Russell but didn’t he state he wants to stay near home in Western Canada?

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
If Dallas' struggles continue, I could see them holding most of the cards come deadline day.

Pavelski, Radulov, Klingberg and Holtby all could be moved to start a re-tool in Dallas (though I believe Klingberg will eventually be signed and Lindell will be moved this summer).

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Pretty much anyone in the roster can be moved save for an elite player.

but the real issue limiting trades is both the cap and finding a trade partner that can fill a need that keeps you on track with your goal for the season.

On this board posters want picks and prospects for virtually everyone.

that is not how GMs work. If their goal is playoffs or competing for the cup they don’t want picks. And some teams are further along in the rebuild where they shouldn’t be in the market for a bunch of picks. They need to start pushing to get into the playoffs next season.

for the Canucks pretty much everyone is available save for Demko, Petterson and Hughes. Unlikely to do better than those guys via a trade. That includes Horvat, Miller, Boeser, etc. Who could be moved but only if the return helps them now. That could change as the tdl approaches and their standing in the playoffs.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Grimaldi would be about it, and with injuries popping up I'm not sure even he would be moved now

Benning maybe? Myers is currently a health scratch over him and probably has more upside.

Although I’d much rather have Benning/Myers be the 7D over Harpur.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If Dallas' struggles continue, I could see them holding most of the cards come deadline day.

Pavelski, Radulov, Klingberg and Holtby all could be moved to start a re-tool in Dallas (though I believe Klingberg will eventually be signed and Lindell will be moved this summer).
Is that due to Klingberg being a RHD? Saw them play Harley last night in Vancouver who is another LHD. Already have Heiksenen, Suter and Lindell as left shots too.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
Players that should be available at the TDL for OTT

not much value in there...
PLAYERPOSCAPHITSTATUS
Abramov, VitaliLWRFAKHL
Shaw, LoganF$725,000UFA - 1
Sabourin, ScottRW$750,000UFA - 1
Åberg, PontusW$750,000UFA - 1
Heatherington, Dillon LD$750,000UFA - 1
Agozzino, AndrewC, LW$800,000UFA - 1
Forsberg, AntonG$900,000UFA - 1
Ennis, TylerF$900,000UFA - 1
Brown, JoshuaRD$1,200,000 UFA - 1
Holden, NickLD$1,700,000UFA - 1
Sanford, ZacharyLW$2,000,000 UFA - 1
Tierney, ChrisC$3,500,000 UFA - 1
Del Zotto, MichaelLD$2,000,000 UFA - 2
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Take your pick off the sharks roster. Anyone currently on the team I'd move. Hertl and Meier would cost a lot but I wouldn't call anyone untouchable.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Demko, Petey, Hughes, plus I'd add Horvat (captain/ leader), Miller/ Garland (great sparkplug guys, Conor we just re-signed) and surprisingly OEL is someone we'd like to keep (stable, big minute shutdown guy on the back end this season so far).

Then there's a bunch of guys who play important depth roles (Boeser, Myers, Hamonic, Podkolzin, Hoglander, Pearson, Halak), guys who are slightly underperforming but were just signed so I don't see them leaving just yet (Poolman, Dickinson). The rest are tweeners, and for the group in this paragraph I think some could be sold off if the team falls off? Til then I wouldn't bank on it.

If anything the team could use 4th C (e.g. Gambrell (OTT), Evans (MTL)) and 3rd LD (Kulak (MTL), Wolanin (OTT), Stillman (CHI)) additions.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
For the CBJ:

Definitely Available:
  • Joonas Korpisalo - Has been for a while, so this is nothing new. The goalie debate has very definitely been settled. (In spite of the wishes and preferences of one particular vocal HFCBJ regular...)
Possibly Available, Or At Least Fans Might Hope They Are:
  • Gustav Nyquist - This might be more "fan desire" rather than for-real; we need the playmaking, and he's been... enh.
  • Alexandre Texier - Is still finding his offensive game and so some fans are having Wennberg flashbacks.
  • Max Domi - Has looked really good when actually able to play, and has become a HFCBJ meme due to quick injury recovery times, but still a UFA at end-of-season that we might move at the deadline.
  • Scott Harrington - UFA and spare bottom-pairing defenseman; no real reason to keep him, unlikely to get much in any case.
  • Gabriel Carlsson - At time of writing folks are cautiously optimistic because suddenly he's got points in his last two games or something, but otherwise he's been "a big blueline prospect that hasn't quite made it yet".
  • Kevin Stenlund - Yes, he plays C, but he keeps falling down the depth chart despite some promising-looking moments. So, another reclamation prospect.
  • Emil Bemstrom - Consensus is back and forth on his availability and/or tradeability, so expect schizophrenic responses from Jackets fans if you ask.
Surprisingly Unavailable, Maybe:
  • Patrick Laine - No, really. The bounceback has (so far, anyways) been real. This status may change as the season goes on, but so far it seems like he just might be sticking around. Maybe.
People Keep Asking Us About These Guys And They Really Need To Stop It Already:
  • Boone Jenner - We just extended him and gave him the C. Yeah, he's been in rumors before, but that's done now, okay?
  • Vladislav Gavrikov - No, he was never available. No, he's not going to be available; he's our best shutdown D and likely to hold that position for a while.
Bjorkstrand?

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
For the Sabres, every single player with one year before UFA (plus Bjork) which is half the roster. None of them are worth more than a 3rd though.

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Please, someone trade for Jamie Benn so he can get a fresh start somewhere other than Dallas. I’ve begged these board for 3+ years to make something happen.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
If all the Vegas players get healthy then UFAs Smith and Janmark would probably be traded for cap purposes.

They would have around 1.6 million owed for Smith and around 600k for Janmark probably by the time they would need to be moved some time in late February.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad