Speculation: List of players per team that may be available

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Lol…hey, never hurts to ask?
Plus he wasn’t listed, as unavailable so I was just inquiring, just in case :naughty:
For the record, you can also safely assume that other well-duh-they're-part-of-the-core guys like Werenski, Merzlikins, Sillinger et al. are also unavailable.

Reactions: sufferer

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Kraken:
Jarnkrok
Donskoi
Giordano
McCann

I think Yanni Gourde might get a bunch of solid offers from contenders that want a player that's on a good contract.

As for Winnipeg, hard to say.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Kraken:
Jarnkrok
Donskoi
Giordano
McCann

I think Yanni Gourde might get a bunch of solid offers from contenders that want a player that's on a good contract.

As for Winnipeg, hard to say.

I can't see them moving 25yo McCann.
Donskoi & Jarnkrok aren't worth a whole lot right now.

edit: McCann't see them doing this

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Chiarot (UFA) will deff be on the move this deadline or even before

imo he should get a 2nd rounder or maybe a late 1st if theres a few teams interested
Team hate aside.

Anderson + Chiarot
For
Robertson + Kerfoot (Cap /Flip) + Holl + cond. Pick (likely 1st, lowest 2nd)

Bunting-Matthews-Nylander
Anderson-Tavares-Marner
Mikhayev-Kampf-Kase
Simmonds-Spezza-Engvall

Rielly - Brodie
Sandin -Chiarot
Muzzin - Liljgren

EDIT: Didn't realize Anderson was considered Unavailable by most Habs fans.

Last edited:

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Phil Kessel? He would be a huge upgrade on Yamo in Edmonton even if they just use him as a rental this year.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I can't see them moving 25yo McCann.
Donskoi & Jarnkrok aren't worth a whole lot right now.

edit: McCann't see them doing this

McCann has a lot of value and can provide additional offense. I do understand he has an attitude of thinking he's a superstar which might not get him traded.

As for Donskoi and Jarnkrok, they would be excellent additions to playoff teams. Low cost, high reward.

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
For the CBJ:

Definitely Available:
  • Joonas Korpisalo - Has been for a while, so this is nothing new. The goalie debate has very definitely been settled. (In spite of the wishes and preferences of one particular vocal HFCBJ regular...)
Possibly Available, Or At Least Fans Might Hope They Are:
  • Gustav Nyquist - This might be more "fan desire" rather than for-real; we need the playmaking, and he's been... enh.
  • Alexandre Texier - Is still finding his offensive game and so some fans are having Wennberg flashbacks.
  • Max Domi - Has looked really good when actually able to play, and has become a HFCBJ meme due to quick injury recovery times, but still a UFA at end-of-season that we might move at the deadline.
  • Scott Harrington - UFA and spare bottom-pairing defenseman; no real reason to keep him, unlikely to get much in any case.
  • Gabriel Carlsson - At time of writing folks are cautiously optimistic because suddenly he's got points in his last two games or something, but otherwise he's been "a big blueline prospect that hasn't quite made it yet".
  • Kevin Stenlund - Yes, he plays C, but he keeps falling down the depth chart despite some promising-looking moments. So, another reclamation prospect.
  • Emil Bemstrom - Consensus is back and forth on his availability and/or tradeability, so expect schizophrenic responses from Jackets fans if you ask.
Surprisingly Unavailable, Maybe:
  • Patrick Laine - No, really. The bounceback has (so far, anyways) been real. This status may change as the season goes on, but so far it seems like he just might be sticking around. Maybe.
People Keep Asking Us About These Guys And They Really Need To Stop It Already:
  • Boone Jenner - We just extended him and gave him the C. Yeah, he's been in rumors before, but that's done now, okay?
  • Vladislav Gavrikov - No, he was never available. No, he's not going to be available; he's our best shutdown D and likely to hold that position for a while.

Viqsi, I'm not a usual visitor to the mains, but needing some diversion today.
Imo, Laine is still available for the right package. Not bashing him, he's been better this season than last. But from my vantage point, he doesn't fit long-term and his next contract won't fit his production or the CBJ cap structure. So get him in his best light and get the most you can for him.

I might take Texier off the list, but having him there is no big deal to me. Some recency effect makes me more optimistic than I should be.

Agree with the remainder of your list, and rationale.

The one guy who is ABSOLUTELY off the list and who should remain off the list (but who may have been on the list as the season started as trade deadline material) is Voracek. I realize that many thought Jake's intended role was to tee-up Laine, either to get Laine going for CBJ's own use or to prop up Laine's trade value. Jake has done that somewhat, but he's also teed up everyone (including D-men), both 5x5 and on PP. Laine has gotten some but not nearly all the love from Jake. Jake has found his legs; he fits so much better than I anticipated (and I anticipated a good fit). It also looks like there is plenty of gas in Jake's tank. I would keep him as the offensive QB, sort of like Panarin, not as skilled but definitely more vocal in teaching.

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Viqsi, I'm not a usual visitor to the mains, but needing some diversion today.
Imo, Laine is still available for the right package. Not bashing him, he's been better this season than last. But from my vantage point, he doesn't fit long-term and his next contract won't fit his production or the CBJ cap structure. So get him in his best light and get the most you can for him.
I attempted to account for that perspective by noting that things could change, but we all know Kekalainen is a fan, so I suspect he may be sticking around regardless.

I might take Texier off the list, but having him there is no big deal to me. Some recency effect makes me more optimistic than I should be.
Were it strictly up to me I wouldn't have him on the list at all, but, well, yeah. ;)

The one guy who is ABSOLUTELY off the list and who should remain off the list (but who may have been on the list as the season started as trade deadline material) is Voracek. I realize that many thought Jake's intended role was to tee-up Laine, either to get Laine going for CBJ's own use or to prop up Laine's trade value. Jake has done that somewhat, but he's also teed up everyone (including D-men), both 5x5 and on PP. Laine has gotten some but not nearly all the love from Jake. Jake has found his legs; he fits so much better than I anticipated (and I anticipated a good fit). It also looks like there is plenty of gas in Jake's tank. I would keep him as the offensive QB, sort of like Panarin, not as skilled but definitely more vocal in teaching.
I didn't mention him mostly because he's got plenty of term on his contract so I didn't think him likely to be inquired about. Of course, this was also why I didn't bother to mention any of the obvious long term core guys other than Jenner, and, well, you saw how that went. :eyeroll: :)

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
NYR.
Julien Gauthier
Kravtsov, Vitali

In sure Strome could be taken from NYR atm. Bound to happen eventually.

Krav of course as well

to answer OP,
available no ?
Strome
Geo
Hajek
McKegg

these guys are cap casualties who are no prob now, but we can't afford next yr
all are expiring and retain to add to price is doable

Gauthier is not getting mins b'c strome
once Strome goes
hopefully they listen to me and do
LaF - Chytil - Gauthier
as a line

G is cheap and productive w/correct linemates
should not be dealt

not looking to deal Krav but he is available for the right price

we are likewise building up value of Jones, but unlike other prospects who have a path, Jones is Fox lite and his path is blocked by Fox.
Have coupla yrs to up his value
A solid enuf offer, or he is a sweetener in a big package

What do rangers want for kravstov :naughty:

Of course, theoretically almost everyone is available at the right price, which = profit which may or may not = overpayment depending on the player and the circumstances

There are 2 sides here and Krav could have handled it better
But Drury, who I generally like, is partly at fault here.

Drury wants to make his mark and was not as high on this guy as his predecessor
fine

but instead of being constructive, they drag their feet moving strome who math says cannot stay and use waivers on Hajek, who also should be dealt, they force this kid's hand

whole thing reminds me of when Emile Francis, who can eff himself, traded Park and Ratelle for Espo and Vadnais, just to show he could and he was gonna break that group.

Now the backlash.
fine, everybody is settling down

Krav goes nowhere unless it is profitable for us to deal him

We want futures, pref high picks

taking on vets when we are tightroping salary until Trouba goes w'in 2 more seasons is not smart, and eff the win now mentality of desperate gambles that goes there,
build
build
build

Krav was and still has most of 9OA value despite bargain hunters here trying to drive that down
Now if NY wants to move the guy now I could see a small discount in order.
So his value is like betw 9-12OA ish pick, no lower than 15OA
or something that is equivalent to that

no late 1st
no 2nd only

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
List of players who are in the coach's Dog House or play little and therefore might want a trade or scenario change.

Habs:Adam Brooks,Sami Niku,Cedric Paquette,Samuel Montembeault

Hawks:Dylan Strome

You can add many players to that Habs list. Except for the obvious ones I bet they are almost all available for the right price....

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
For the Sabres, every single player with one year before UFA (plus Bjork) which is half the roster. None of them are worth more than a 3rd though.

Are either Wolanin or Hagg playing like legit options as depth shutdown defenders (I get that Hagg is like 6'2" but not all big defenders play that way)? If so I'd propose either Wolanin straight up for Brad Hunt, or Hunt plus a 4th for Hagg.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Are either Wolanin or Hagg playing like legit options as depth shutdown defenders (I get that Hagg is like 6'2" but not all big defenders play that way)? If so I'd propose either Wolanin straight up for Brad Hunt, or Hunt plus a 4th for Hagg.

Hagg is playing well in a shutdown role. Surprisingly, he and Pysyk have been the most steady pairing. Wolanin has only played one game and struggled.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
to answer OP,
available no ?
Strome
Geo
Hajek
McKegg

once Strome goes
LaF - Chytil - Gauthier
as a line

should not be dealt

we are likewise building up value of Jones, but unlike other prospects who have a path, Jones is Fox lite and his path is blocked by Fox.

Of course, theoretically almost everyone is available at the right price, which = profit which may or may not = overpayment depending on the player and the circumstances

fine

but instead of being constructive, they drag their feet moving strome who math says cannot stay and use waivers on Hajek, who also should be dealt, they force this kid's hand

whole thing reminds me of when Emile Francis, who can eff himself, traded Park and Ratelle for Espo and Vadnais, just to show he could and he was gonna break that group.

Now the backlash.

taking on vets when we are tightroping salary until Trouba goes w'in 2 more seasons is not smart, and eff the win now mentality of desperate gambles that goes there,
build
build
build

Krav was and still has most of 9OA value despite bargain hunters here trying to drive that down

no late 1st
no 2nd only
to answer OP,
available no ?
Strome
Geo
Hajek
McKegg

once Strome goes
LaF - Chytil - Gauthier
as a line

should not be dealt

fine

Now the backlash.

build
build
build

no late 1st
no 2nd only
Can’t see any team trading that high of a pick at the draft for vitali

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
If (big if) the Pens are out of it at the deadline, here are their notable impending UFAs:

Carter
Rust
Rodrigues
Aston-Reese
Simon
Boyle
Laferty
Riikola

Malkin and Letang too, but they very likely won't be traded, especially midseason.
Honestly there is a near zero percent chance Malkin is traded. He has a full NMC and I highly doubt he will waive. People and postulate well he may want… I will believe it when I see it. Off season… Probably gone. But I highly doubt he is traded regardless of where the Pens are in the standings.

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Canucks have quite an appealing list of players that will become available at the TDL

Forwards

Lammikko
Pearson
Sutter
Ferland
Bailey
Chaisson
Dowley

Defense

Myers
Hamonic
PoolMan
Hunt
Schenn
Juulssen
Briesbois

Goalie

Halak

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Canucks have quite an appealing list of players that will become available at the TDL

Forwards - (guys without comments are basically depth, would there be interest?)

Lammikko
Pearson - just re-signed for 3 years, has chemistry with Horvat; Podkolzin/ Hoglander/ Garland has to beat him out for the spot
Sutter - injury prone, would teams want him?
Ferland - he's basically retired (LTIR), not sure we get anything besides future considerations
Bailey
Chiasson - one trick pony, but if Edmonton wants their net front guy back he can be had
Dowling

Defense (guys without comments again are basically depth, available if there's interest)

Myers - why? He's gelled well with OEL
Hamonic - 3 year deal, plus he fits well with his PMD partner
PoolMan - see Hamonic
Hunt
Schenn
Juulssen
Briesbois

Goalie

Halak

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad