Confirmed with Link: Linus Ullmark Traded to Senators

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
So with Korpisalo as a reclamation project they're sacrificing some of their cap now for a return in the future, but also sacrificing some of the future by blocking Bussi and exposing him to waivers. What even is the play here? They want a good veteran behind Swayman, but not too good, and they want to develop an asset, but not the 25 year old.

Montreal did really well flipping Monahan but they were a 30 win team going nowhere and there wasn't another forward who could've done as well as him or better.
:leafs
My “I agree vehemently with this post, and hate everything about it” emoji.

Like any trade, have to wait to judge the outcome. Korpisalo is the last player I expected coming back, though. He has pretty much sucked his whole career and his contract makes him hard to flip in another deal.
Unlike Ottawa, I fear we’ll have to give to get anyone to take it on.

Goalie Bob has, unfairly i might add, a lot on his shoulders.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY

Remember my sarcastic posts about swayman and people are questioning what the play is here. Like obviously I don't think Sway will go somewhere else but a lot of people here are wondering what the ultimate play is here. I've been shocked before.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I think we had figured a Forsberg 50%, Kastelic and 2024 1 for unsigned and 25 plus Ostapchuk/Kleven for a signed Linus. We were not too far off. The Korpisalo thing is just something neither of us thought about
Yup crazy how close we got

I never saw Korpi - floored me

• Wow
Reactions: Bodit9

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019

They basically gave up a first to get rid of Korpisalo and then traded a fourth liner for Linus.
:mad:

Reactions: Bodit9 and Number8

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
The Bussi/Korpisalo dynamic feels an awful lot like the Vladar/Ullmark dynamic when Ullmark was signed. Veteran brought in on a questionable deal that blocks a promising tender in Providence. Bussi's significantly older but maybe he goes for a 3rd like Vladar did?

Hope Ullmark seizes his chance in Ottawa, becomes a stand out #1 tender for the first time in his career, signs a monster contract out west, and scores another couple goals.

Reactions: DKH and Alan Ryan

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
My fearful prediction. Jeremy Swayman RS GP.

22/23 - 37
23/24 - 44
24/25 - 76 (all 69 of final 69 of season)

24/25 PO Minutes - every single second outside of late game EN time.

Seriously, I wonder what JS is thinking right now, outside of “at least I’m rich)?

Just trying to make a sandwich out of shit. It’s all i got.

Really praying this $3M four year yoke doesn’t have us saying “wish we had the money to get XYZ” at trade deadline for next four years.

There HAS to be another piece to this puzzle, doesn’t there???? Please????

Swayman wants to be Vasilevskiy or Hellebuyck - tons of games and TOI. He's super competitive and motivated in that way, wants to be in net as much as physically possible. We saw that in the playoffs. No matter how close he is with Linus, he still craved getting the start and being the guy to take on the responsibility at every opportunity.

So I fully expect him to get 50+ starts next year, and to take the sole reins in the playoffs should we make it, barring any emergencies. In that sense we are perhaps moving more towards the Tampa model, where the identity and quality of the backup really doesn't matter too much because you're no. 1 guy is very good and willing to take on a big burden. The problem with that model of course is you get in trouble very quickly if your star gets injured, as Vasi did a couple of years ago, or goes stone cold at the wrong time, as Helle did against the Avs in the playoffs.

Be all that as it may, you're still left with the question of why you'd want to pay that low-use backup $3m p.a. for a lot of sitting around, especially when their record is so poor. That part I still can't figure out at all.

Reactions: Gordoff and Number8

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
By one measure Korpisalo was the second worst goalie in the NHL last year.

Okay, so let's say Goalie Bob can "fix him" and make him into a good goaltender again.

Uh, if he can do that why trade for a guy at 3 million per for 4 years when you could seemingly sign anyone for league minimum and one year? If Goalie Bob is a miracle worker why trade for Korpisalo?
Well you work with clay you can make something special You work with dog crap, well not so much

BruinsBlitz

Nov 15, 2023
I'm not familiar enough with Korpisalo to judge him, especially since he's played chiefly for struggling teams. But his 2022/23 stint with LA (2.13 GAA and .913 save percentage in 11 games) caught my attention. I hope the team/scouts see something special that we're missing in him. Fingers crossed, this trade works out, and he's worthy of his 3 million dollar salary.

DoubleBack

Apr 29, 2024
This has a lot to do with Ulmark nixing trades, not wanting to extend his contract so a sign and trade would net a better return.

No team was giving the Bruins a big haul for a one year rental. If he does extend with the Sens, they were not giving a round 1 #7 on the hope he signs a long cheap contract and never regresses. Don't think the long list of no trade teams in the contract was looked at with glee, he will want the same in any extension, that lowers his value also, they don't want to end up with the same headache. They paid for what they got now, not some fantasy future full of hugs.

This is not the 2025 post trade deadline roster, there is plenty more to come. People here acting like they're gonna let Swayman walk and hope they turn this trade into the next Tim Thomas and Cam Neely.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I'm not familiar enough with Korpisalo to judge him, especially since he's played chiefly for struggling teams. But his 2022/23 stint with LA (2.13 GAA and .913 save percentage in 11 games) caught my attention. I hope the team/scouts see something special that we're missing in him. Fingers crossed, this trade works out, and he's worthy of his 3 million dollar salary.
He was a stud for Columbus during the COVID playoffs (2020). Big reason why they knocked the Leafs out in 6 games. Shut them out, twice in that series IIRC.

I think he can be a decent #2.

DoubleBack

Apr 29, 2024
I was following the Ottawa board during this mess, Many of them had close to the deal if Linus came wo an extension. The non extension changes everything. If there was even a small chance of him extending there would have been condition to address that.
This!

Reactions: Tbaybruin

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
So why did they trade for the dog crap with four years left?

It’s amazing people can’t wait for the .910 save percentage reclamation project when he plays 25 games against bottom feeders this year.

Meanwhile when the playoff come around korpisalo and Kestalic will be healthy scratches while we are getting pummeled in our own defensive zone again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad