Confirmed with Link: Linus Ullmark traded to OTT for 25th, Kastelic and Korpisalo(25% retained)

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Brady was pacing for 60 points for most of the season until we were eliminated and it was garbage time. We all know about his defensive play. He needs to be better too.
You mean the same Brady , after a 2-3 weeks of Jacques, had the best plus minus on the team. That Brady. Time to get over your hate.
Sounds like he bought in.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
You mean the same Brady , after a 2-3 weeks of Jacques, had the best plus minus on the team. That Brady. Time to get over your hate.

amazing what not cherry picking at the opposition blue line and actually helping your teammates play d can do.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

f762d013-c5a6-4b8f-b0fb-66e2f65f4e46_text[1].gif

Last edited:

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
wrong about what?

Martin and Alfredsson came in and immediately told Brady to stop playing such a selfish game.
That’s nothing close to what you said in your first post, you just blanket brushed him like always.

Don’t be so gullible.
You really think an NHL player is going to sit near the centre ice boards, next to DJ and the assistants, because he feels like it. This is the NHL, he was told to go there, probably when he thought there was a certain percentage chance the Sens were getting the puck, some the line change tip play, or for whatever the reasons are. You just don’t go stand there.

I couldn’t do that with my coaches by bantam possibly the year before, “cherry picking”, without it being part of the coaching.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The brought in pagnotta on coming in hot, he said Ottawa was the one place Ulmark was excited to go to and wasn't willing to consider opening up his NTC list for any other teams on it,

They also had Hutton on who played with him in Buffalo, said he was the most talented goalie he'd played with

Talked about him really being a family first guy too, I am really liking our chances of getting him extended.

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
I mean makes sense given what the return for him was. I would have traded that package just to dump Korpisalo so. I assume Ullmark will go to Free agency and get paid hopefully we get a playoff run or flip him at the deadline for something.
Or maybe he ends up loving it here and re-signs. Here, he'll be a starter and will be paid accordingly. Also, it could be advantageous for Ottawa too that he waits so they can evaluate his play. I don't expect any major issues as he did play on a bad Buffalo team with good numbers. He also doesn't want to go out West or Toronto so that limits the # of teams that will be able to acquire him. We have new ownership, management and coaching staff. I expect other changes to the roster either via trade at the draft or UFA this summer. I"m so looking forward to next season.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I like the trade but… lol

Ullmark is a .918 goaltender who has only hit .918 once in his career.
(2017-18 5 games does not count)

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
lol this isn’t true. Friedman said he’s “willing” to play out the year but the sides will talk in coming days.
Reading between the lines, this sounds like there are still hurdles to overcome with term/$$$. If Ullmark wanted to be UFA next year, don't see the point in continuing with talks other than letting him know in advance what Ottawa is willing to offer.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Only 1 season sub .913 though.

At least the majority of his seasons weren't below .900, like you know who.
I like the trade but if we need to trade him at the end of this season do you think we could get a 1st round pick, kastelic, and korpisalo for him?
I don’t think so. The trade is much more even/fair than people are going on about.

Reactions: YukonCornelius

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I like the trade but if we need to trade him at the end of this season do you think we could get a 1st round pick, kastelic, and korpisalo for him?
I don’t think so. The trade is much more even/fair than people are going on about.
Korpisalo makes that package worthless, so yes, getting rid of Ullmark for even future considerations at the deadline would be extremely worth it.

I wouldn’t take on Korpisalo for a late 1st and pressbox player, would you?

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Easily, if we're taking back a cap dump like Korpisalo.

Korpisalo is a career .901 while Ullmark is a career .918. You take away both of their best seasons (Korpse in LA/Ullmark Vezina) and it's a similar spread still, with Korps a below .900 guy. We hands down got the best player in the deal and gave up a backup at best with 4 years of term. You almost always win those.

I'm also betting he re-signs.

Reactions: Alex1234

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I agree. That's why I said as long as the team is willing to spend to the cap, which we were after Melnyk died.

In fact, the DeBrincat trade likely laid the foundation for signing Giroux.
No, it didn’t. First hand account.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Probably not an unacceptable contract but the RFA price of Swayman is likely going to be 8.5/AAV. That being the case Boston may not want 11.5 in goalies. I could see them playing Korpi to get his numbers up and then deciding if they keep or move him with improved numbers. 3M is not a high price for somebody if his numbers are decent. Last year's numbers just don't cut it. The proverbial ball is in Korpi's court.
swayman is not getting 8.5

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
How do you value 25OA + Kastelic vs Getting rid of Korpisalo .. what's left after that a 3rd round pick?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad