Confirmed with Link: Linus Ullmark traded to OTT for 25th, Kastelic and Korpisalo(25% retained)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024
And has had .910, .915, .922 seasons without him.

He’s just been a pretty good goalie, Green having him in his prime.

The .915 season was as a back-up, as was the .910.

Markstrom took a while to get going and only became a full-time starter at 27, but those 3 years under Green were the most consistent he's been. Post-Vancouver it's been more hit an miss. 1 really good year in CGY, 3 average years.

OUTHOUSE

Feb 16, 2008
99 Rideau
This was posted not sarcastically somewhere on these boards, lmao:

1719343078990.png

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012

View attachment 887147
Why do so many people act like a team is only allowed to make 1 move per offseason? I'm pretty sure Staios doesn't think his work is done now that he got Ullmark. They can still go get some dmen and bottom 6 forwards, they have all offseason to do it.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

View attachment 887147
There's literally nothing to indicate that will happen. Bostin's defensive underlying numbers were worse than Ottawa's. And Korpisalo has been bad for 90% of his career.

Could it happen? Sure, but it's purely hypothetical with nothing to back it up. There's more evidence showing that Boston was bailed out by their goalies this year than vice versa.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Brady was pacing for 60 points for most of the season until we were eliminated and it was garbage time. We all know about his defensive play. He needs to be better too.

They all need to be better.
Why would I listen to anything from the Brady Bad Club President, Karlsson was terrible defensively for yrs & you never said a peep about it. We all know you hate the player & want EK back as captain so badly.
He needs to use his size and strength to become a good defensive player.

His offense has been great, no doubt. But his defensive habits and attention to detail leave a lot to be desired. As the captain, he needs to set the example of how to play. Jacques Martin made no bones about it last year.

After watching his brothers run, I hope his main takeaway (beyond being thrilled for Matthew) is that defense, even as a forward, wins championships. I can't think of one Panther forward who cheats for offense.

I think he can do it. But it has to happen.
This is a myth made up on here by the Brady Bad Club. The whole team was bad defensively because the goalies were terrible all yr & the defence sucked as well, that is well documented. Stop blaming one player who is constantly fighting for space in front of the opposition net, try doing that every shift to see how you feel after a game. People clearly have no idea how hard his job is in front of the net taking the constant punishment from big opposition defenceman

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024
This is a myth made up on here by the Brady Bad Club. The whole team was bad defensively because the goalies were terrible all yr & the defence sucked as well, that is well documented. Stop blaming one player who is constantly fighting for space in front of the opposition net, try doing that every shift to see how you feel after a game. People clearly have no idea how hard his job is in front of the net taking the constant punishment from big opposition defenceman

Yikes! Set off a nerve?

Like all young, offensive players, Tkachuk needs to come in next year with a commitment to defense and details. It's a transformation every young star needs to go through if they actually want to win. And yes, Stutzle, Batherson, etc, need to do it too, but Brady, as the captain, needs to embrace it and lead the way.

And I don't think this is a controversial take. Alfredsson has said it himself. Winning is hard.

I imagine that's what training camp will focus on.

Tkachuk just spent 2 months watching Barkov. That's a pretty good example.

Reactions: Relapsing

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Yikes! Set off a nerve?

Like all young, offensive players, Tkachuk needs to come in next year with a commitment to defense and details. It's a transformation every young star needs to go through if they actually want to win. And yes, Stutzle, Batherson, etc, need to do it too, but Brady, as the captain, needs to embrace it and lead the way.

And I don't think this is a controversial take. Alfredsson has said it himself. Winning is hard.

Tkachuk just spent 2 months watching Barkov. That's a pretty good example.
Tkachuk is better than barkov
o_O

• Haha
Reactions: Agent Zub

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Yikes! Set off a nerve?

And I don't think this is a controversial take. Alfredsson has said it himself.

Yes, all young players need to make a commitment to defence yet I never see the Brady Bad Club mention Stutzle needs to be better defensively, just like they never said anything like that about Karlsson who was terrible defensively. It's this negative dribble constantly aimed at Tkachuk like he is the one bringing down the entire team. Have you ever mentioned that Stutzle needs to come in next yr with a commitment to defence? Should he & Chabot not be the first mentioned when it comes to making defensive gaffs & mistakes?

The goalies were terrible this past season, that's why Staois went out & got a new goalie. The defence was equally terrible which is why Staois is rumoured to want Tanev, neither of those two things has anything to do with Tkachuk. Tkachuk takes a pounding in front of the other team's net almost every shift something that most players on this team try & avoid. Hopefully the coach will work hard on team defence & changing goalies should help, but this is not one player's fault as the Brady Bad Club is constantly harping on.

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024
Yes, all young players need to make a commitment to defence yet I never see the Brady Bad Club mention Stutzle needs to be better defensively, just like they never said anything like that about Karlsson who was terrible defensively. It's this negative dribble constantly aimed at Tkachuk like he is the one bringing down the entire team. Have you ever mentioned that Stutzle needs to come in next yr with a commitment to defence? Should he & Chabot not be the first mentioned when it comes to making defensive gaffs & mistakes?

The goalies were terrible this past season, that's why Staois went out & got a new goalie. The defence was equally terrible which is why Staois is rumoured to want Tanev, neither of those two things has anything to do with Tkachuk. Tkachuk takes a pounding in front of the other team's net almost every shift something that most players on this team try & avoid. Hopefully the coach will work hard on team defence & changing goalies should help, but this is not one player's fault as the Brady Bad Club is constantly harping on.

Lol I literally said "Stutzle, Batherson, etc, need to do it too".

Your issue seems to be about something way bigger than my post.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012

Karlsson was not bad defensively because of a lack of commitment to defense. His role on the the team was to carry the offense, and he had to take risks to do that, and he had to trust that Methot would put out fires for him. Whenever he was put in situations where he had to lock down defensively he always excelled.

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa

Is the captain not supposed to lead?

Reactions: LiseL

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Is the captain not supposed to lead?
He does lead, anyone who doesn't think so doesn't know hockey. How many more records does he need to achieve for people to realize this?

Karlsson was not bad defensively because of a lack of commitment to defense. His role on the the team was to carry the offense, and he had to take risks to do that, and he had to trust that Methot would put out fires for him. Whenever he was put in situations where he had to lock down defensively he always excelled.
Yes he was, except the one yr where he led the team in blocked shots, one yr.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
He does lead, anyone who doesn't think so doesn't know hockey. How many more records does he need to achieve for people to realize this?

Yes he was, except the one yr where he led the team in blocked shots, one yr.
Oh that's right, he wasn't 6'4 and didn't crush people ever shift so he sucked defensively and didn't care.

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
This is a man who put up a 2.63 GAA and .917 save percentage for a Buffalo Sabres team that lost 18 games in a row. I'm sure he has confidence in his abilities and has proven he can still put up good numbers on terrible teams
Ullmark deserves to have his well-earned track record considered and it certainly would be in any negotiations. Those Buffalo results you cite are impressive!

As stated in my OP, confidence is commendable bit it is a big risk to gamble on yourself given with the numbers involved. He risks his numbers dropping off (his fault or not) before his UFA eligibility. There is also the significant risk of injury. He may well be that ballsy, but that decision could cost him and his family dearly. My "likely posturing" observation was pure speculation considering those factors. Will be interesting to follow!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad