Traded Linus Ullmark traded to OTT for 25th, Kastelic and Korpisalo(25% retained)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Wasn't there news that came out before the trade that Ullmark explicitly waived his no trade clause for Ottawa? I'm wary of anything Friedman says that is preceded by "thinks".

There were rumours flying around that Alfie talked to him to try and convince him to waive.

Is any of this accurate? Who knows.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
On paper, this appears to be a net win for Ottawa, based on shipping out Korpisalo, who most people thought was untradable. Yes, retaining 25% of his contract, and paying the 1 Million signing bonus to Ullmark helped grease the wheels on this trade….but I also have to believe an extension has been agreed to, behind closed doors, in order for Ullmark to agree to this trade….assuming Ottawa was on his NTL.

So once July 1st rolls around, when believe an extension can be (legally) negotiated, then we’ll have a better understanding of this trade….. but if the rumoured extension comes to fruition.. and Ullmark plays like Bruin, instead of a Sabre, then Ottawa wins this trade from my point of view.
He wasn't that bad with Buffalo

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Interesting to hear on 32Thoughts that Friedman heard from a league executive that he doesn't think Ottawa was on Ullmark's No-Trade list because he didn't include them because they signed Korpi to a long term deal to #1 last year. Ottawa would have likely been added when submitting a new list next week.

Friedman has been off on this Ullmark trade and sens related news since the regime change. This doesn’t add up to the other rumour saying that Ullmark had to waive to come here. The same insiders that had this deal earlier than Friedman.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
I’m still in a bit of disbelief. ONE YEAR AGO the GMs voted Ullmark as the best goalie in the league. Now he is with us. And we didn’t lose an arm and a leg. If he signs a fair and reasonable extension, Staios hit this out of the ballpark.

Welcome to Ottawa Linus. You will be loved.

Just look at this list.

Attachments

• IMG_2635.png
    IMG_2635.png
    263.3 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: DustyDangler

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Top of the waves not word for word but

Ulmark is willing to play out the season,
The expectation right now is that he'll play out the season, but that could change
Ya, I’ll stay away from all the speculation again as it seems like misspent energy. Ullmark may want to wait and retain leverage over his situation which is smart from a player perspective.

Next up (excluding the draft) is filling the RD requirement. Maybe that helps overall and with Ullmark’s decision as well.

We may be waiting a while for this extension/no-extension situation to unfold.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Boston must really like someone like Necas, and really needed a first round pick. Taking Korpisalo really makes no sense.

I wonder what the offer was for Ullmark at the deadline with Korpisalo.
I think Boston will focus on forward upgrades this off season. Its an obvious need especially at Center. That’s why I never believed Chychrun was part of the Ullmark deal.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
It is extremely risky, so it could all just be posturing to get every dollar he can.

That's my belief, his agent is posturing, he'll listen and if we offer him a deal he likes, great.
Ya, its all about leverage now. Ullmark & his agent are in no rush and want to maintain as much leverage as possible. Ullmark can wait to see how lucrative the offer from Ottawa is, and if he likes it, he’ll sign. If not, he’ll move on to free agency.

Ullmark may also want to see what kind of team Staois puts together (i.e., other offseason additions like a RD), and/or how they play this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: LiseL and WallyD

LevelingSolo

Jan 15, 2012
Goddamn isn't nice to have a competent GM who makes good trades!!! That's a homerun for us now let's extend Ullmark, I truly believe that if we had Ullmark last season we would have made the playoffs instead of either Washington or the Islanders.

Green is a good coach, for Christ Sake the man hasn't coach one game yet, can you at least give him a chance to prove himself???
You best damn be right, I just understand the hype for this hire

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
The "what if Korpisalo is actually good" stuff is crazy to me.

I can't decide if it's because of Boston sports fanaticism or because all the dipshit fanbases hate us.

Reactions: Relapsing

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
That leverage works both ways.
Sure. I try to keep emotions and fandom out of this though. This is business and negotiations. As long as people recognize that Ullmark still has two options (Ottawa or free agency), we’re all good.

Note - I added to my post (#311) btw.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Interesting to hear on 32Thoughts that Friedman heard from a league executive that he doesn't think Ottawa was on Ullmark's No-Trade list because he didn't include them because they signed Korpi to a long term deal to #1 last year. Ottawa would have likely been added when submitting a new list next week.
Someone on the Bruins board who apparently has sources says that Ullmark officially waived his ntc to Ottawa.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The "what if Korpisalo is actually good" stuff is crazy to me.

I can't decide if it's because of Boston sports fanaticism or because so all the dipshit fanbases hate us.
I mean, some Boston fans were asking for Pinto in a trade, on top of the first.

Korpisalo will likely be better than he was here, he'll play less and against lesser competition, I expect him to be right around .895-.900 but with the smaller sample it could be even higher if he has a hot streak

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Someone on the Bruins board who apparently has sources says that Ullmark officially waived his ntc to Ottawa.
To be fair, he also said that Chcyhrun was informed he was a Bruin, that pieces from the Flyers including 12th were coming as a part of the trade, nothing about Korp which is a massive part of the deal, and Lauko was likely coming with Ullmark to Ottawa

And the source worked for Staios and Andlauer, so unless things changed dramatically, I'm not sure I really trust the "Ottawa" sources for him

And that's not me saying he made things up or doesn't have sources, I'm sure he does, his reputation on their board speaks for itself.

Last edited:

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
A day later this trade is still hilarious, props to staios for pulling it off

Now let's add one to two defense first dmen

Reactions: Joeyjoejoe

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
When you 1st hear of 3 pieces for 1 to replace a goaltender it sounds bad but dumping Korpi at 25% retained is a plus since a buyout would have cost more so I don't even count this piece.

The 25th pick is a fair price for a good goalie upgrade.

I liked Kastelic but he always left me wanting more. Maybe Boston will get him going but for the Sens the door is open for someone with more speed and drive to take his 4th line spot.

This is a win!

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Friedman has been off on this Ullmark trade and sens related news since the regime change. This doesn’t add up to the other rumour saying that Ullmark had to waive to come here. The same insiders that had this deal earlier than Friedman.

To be fair, he also said that Chcyhrun was informed he was a Bruin, that pieces from the Flyers were coming as a part of the trade, nothing about Korp which is a massive part of the deal, and Lauko was likely coming with Ullmark to Ottawa

And the source worked for Staios and Andlauer, so unless things changed dramatically, I'm not sure I really trust the "Ottawa" sources for him

And that's not me saying he made things up or doesn't have sources, I'm sure he does, his reputation on their board speaks for itself.
From everything we’ve seen, Andlauer/Staois & company run a tight ship and there isn’t any loose lips. I lean towards not believing what insiders/sources (whatever term) have to say when it comes to future Ottawa events. The wait & see approach in my mind is meritorious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad