Player Discussion Linus Ullmark (G)

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
No surprise here really, there was no way this guy was going to spend over 3 1/2 million dollars in buying a home in Ottawa without having an idea that they talked about numbers. I said it all along this guy is signing!!!

Reactions: albator71

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Only big ticket players needing re-signing are Giroux and Greig, after that there's Kleven and JBD

We also need a goalie, and some bottom six guys.
JR said this morning that the cap is going to 92 so there is 17.5...and made a good point that right now they are paying almost $10M in goalies. Next year you have 8.25 and Sogaard at 775 I think, so we are good

Reactions: Micklebot

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Daccord is younger, played 50 games (versus 40 for Ullmark) and put up 2.46gaa and .916sv% compared to Ullmark's 2.55gaa and .915sv%. We're paying for a longer track record but there's no way if you removed the names that you'd suggest the second stat line is worth $3.25M more per season.
Yes, everyone knows that the best way to evaluate goalies is by looking at Just One Season - especially when that season is a huge progression/deviation from the rest of his career.

Signed,
Martin Gerber
Andrew Hammond
Joonas Korpisalo
etc

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
I am enamored with this guy, the love and respect he shows his wife and children and how he continually mentions it all the time that what he is doing and the decisions that he’s making are for them. Love this guy.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
This is the official test.

If this one doesn't work out, we're the problem.

But honestly, even if ottawa is the goalie graveyard it's rumored to be, we still want the best guy in there.

Reactions: DrEasy and LiseL

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I think us ruining goalies is how this deal got done. Linus doesn't want to risk getting hung out to dry by the sens system in a contract year so he inked now.

He shorted his own stock.

...and for us, even if our system shells goalies, we still want the best one we can get in net to stem the bleeding.

Win-win.

Reactions: DrEasy and LiseL

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Ottawa played this well. Brought him Ullmark and made him feel important and like a core member of the leadership right away. They let him take the spot lot over the past few weeks and probably had the right guys talk to him like Alfie about Ottawa who can relate as a fellow swede.

In contrast to bringing in DBC and playing him on the second PP unit to start the year. There is a difference in how Ottawa is trying to show Ullmark that this team is great while previous management seem to trade for a player then play them in positions that didn't make sense for them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad