OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXXI (now rated PG)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Not. For. Long.

I guess you didn't hear about the whole subplot and how after 10 different cuts being shown to test audiences, they still couldn't get a good audience score.

Kennedy is a goner.

Typical Disney. :snide:

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Are you watching ´avant le crash ' ?
Best show on local Tv this fall .
Also really enjoy c'est comme ca que je t'aime that reminds me of season 2 of Fargo
Hated the ending of Avant le crash…left me…puzzled? Loved the series, although every guy in the series is an ass.

Watched famous game show other day, Price is Right. I wonder if those contestants know they are going to be called before show starts?
You should watch the docu on the Price is Right.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Hated the ending of Avant le crash…left me…puzzled? Loved the series, although every guy in the series is an ass.

You should watch the docu on the Price is Right.
Right on, never knew there was one. I will look it up. Amazing how that show has lasted 50 years. I can remember when it first came on.

Did a search on line other day. Drew Carey makes a million an episode.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Right on, never knew there was one. I will look it up. Amazing how that show has lasted 50 years. I can remember when it first came on.

Did a search on line other day. Drew Carey makes a million an episode.

Wow. That might be the best gig ever.

I keep forgetting that show exists since Bob barker left.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I've been awayt from here for weeks, but in case this was missed.

@Runner77

True story. First episode airs on the 11th.

• Love
Reactions: Runner77

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Wednesday: Scooby doo meets Sherlock Holmes in a Harry Potter set-up. A bit too teenish at some point but still entertaining and well made, Tim Burton's typical touches. 8/10

Interview with a Vampire: As a fan of the book, it was hard......really hard. They keep some of the good things from the books, even words to words part of the text, but they changed too many things also. Still good acting and the production was excellent but the story is not close enough for me. 6.9\10

Andor: I liked the more urban feel to it (considering it's still a Star Wars series). Less nostalgia, less Jedi, Less of the everything else that's been done and redone in films/series/cartoons so far. More politics, more people vs the Empire. 8.6/10

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I've been awayt from here for weeks, but in case this was missed.

@Runner77

True story. First episode airs on the 11th.
C.B. Strike is a tour de force. Brilliant writing, superb casting. Thanks for the heads up!

I just checked your link. Season 5 has 4 Episodes (well within the @GoodKiwi tolerance threshold), with the last airing on Dec. 19th.

PS: welcome back, bud! ;)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The White Lotus Season 2, keeps on delivering. Season finale next week, several storylines ramped up and coming to a head.

It’s darker than Season 1 but features just as much in the way of tangled webs. They showed a preview of the finale and it looks intriguing.

Reactions: sandviper

Grate n Colorful Oz

Here for Hutson's monster thighs
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Just watched the new Indy trailer. Leave it to hollywood to rely once again on batshit crazy ancient alien type theories to supplement their lack of creativity, this time by turning an ancient astrological clock, the antikythera mechanism, into some time traveling device.

Whatever happened to telling stories in simple flashback? If you're going to do a young CGI Indy à la Luke Skywalker in the Mando & Fett series, why not go all out and make a prequel story instead? Have it related to a problem the older Indy has to fix in the present? Using time travel in a series that's never been about time travel is just so gimmicky and desperate. This is not like Marvel, where all those stories were already in place and organic to its medium and storytelling.

It gets even worst when the time traveling plot device becomes just an excuse to replace the main character, in woke fashion to boot. Lemme put out a wild guess and say the next movies won't fare well.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just finished Season 1 of The Bear based on a recommendation in this thread and enjoyed it. It’s quite chaotic and intense but gripping as I felt the pressures of working in a restaurant kitchen put all staff on edge. Every day was a battle leading up to the season finale but it was quite the ride getting there.

Looking forward to Season 2, whenever that arrives.

Looking for a new series, I found an older one in White Collar, which 7 episodes into Season 1, has kept me entertained. Several seasons to look forward to.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Damn RIP.

Meanwhile, a Sesame Street legend I grew up watching passed away, as well:

Don’t know how McGrath passed, but for Allie, the spectre of cancer has struck again. Hopefully one day, we’ll beat it.

RIP to both Allie and McGrath.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Watched Acapulco (2 seasons available). Had a How I met your Mother vibe, with the protagonist narrating his story to his young nephew, about how he started as a lowly employee at this luxurious resort and how he made his way up. It's lighthearted comedy, the acting is superficial and it falls into typical stereotypes. It's brainless entertainment and features this guy "Chad" who bears a resemblance to Kaiden Ghule, which is one of the main reasons that kept me watching. :sarcasm:

XPjWhbn.jpg

Also viewed My Name is Vendetta, a mobster story targeting an enemy who had disappeared from view for 20 years and who had since changed his identity and who lived a quiet family life, until ...

Italian original with subtitles. Story holds up pretty well but it doesn't stray off the path of other similar themed productions. It kept me invested for the most part, so if you like the idea of a revenge theme with brutality included, this delivers.

After watching My Name is Vendetta, I used Netflix's search function for similarly themed movies and went with Dead End. It started off as an interesting storyline but it then it became a series of improbable events and consequences, due to an avalanche of braindead decisionmaking -- which I suppose was badly needed for this low budget affair to restrict its filming to a limited number of locations. Acting was wooden for the most part and in some aspects, it moved achingly slow. Filmed in the Czech Republic (now known as Czechia), so Czech language with subtitles. This guy's daughter was particularly annoying, so I guess she did her job.

Reactions: sandviper

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad