OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXXI (now rated PG)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Wakanda Forever isn’t a masterpiece but it’s a pretty good movie.

Stay for the after credits… the first 5 min of the movie almost got me.

Just watched Stutz on netflix and dam, one of the best thing I’ve seen on netflix for a long time

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
Dark
Babylon berlin
Borgen
Fauda
kalifat
Lupin
série noire season 1 (quebec)
c'est comme ça que je t’aime
Les invincibles (quebec version)
Aller simple
Plan b (quebec version)
L’imposteur
Pachinko
Narcoses
Are you watching ´avant le crash ' ?
Best show on local Tv this fall .
Also really enjoy c'est comme ca que je t'aime that reminds me of season 2 of Fargo

Reactions: Redux91

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Been loving Little Demon on Disney+, adult animated show with Danny DeVito voicing Satan, with his daughter in real life playing his daughter on the show and Aubrey Plaza as the human mother.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Watched the new Netflix 4-part documentary, "Pepsi, where's my jet?"

I enjoyed the story but it should have been edited down to a much shorter version. Lots of filler material, too redundant at times. There were a lot of twists but none that justified such a long, drawn out series.

It was still fun to find out how the story unfolded and how a big corporate behemoth set out to crush a little guy with a dream.

Pretty brainless viewing if you needed something to play in the background of a conversation you were having.

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
Watched the new Netflix 4-part documentary, "Pepsi, where's my jet?"

I enjoyed the story but it should have been edited down to a much shorter version. Lots of filler material, too redundant at times. There were a lot of twists but none that justified such a long, drawn out series.

It was still fun to find out how the story unfolded and how a big corporate behemoth set out to crush a little guy with a dream.

Pretty brainless viewing if you needed something to play in the background of a conversation you were having.
Tried to get into The Love Boat 2022 because i was such a big fan of the original, but it's a reality type version of it and i just can't get into reality type shows.....I find them boring.....

By the way Runner i guess you were pretty pumped when the Jays blew that huge lead against Seattle eh ?

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Tried to get into The Love Boat 2022 because i was such a big fan of the original, but it's a reality type version of it and i just can't get into reality type shows.....I find them boring.....

By the way Runner i guess you were pretty pumped when the Jays blew that huge lead against Seattle eh ?
That was one helluva game as I found out after the fact. I missed most of MLB’s post-season — my attention turned elsewhere for some reason.

Last edited:

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
That was one helluva game as I found out after the fact. I missed most of MLB’s post-season — my attention turned elsewhere for some reason.

What happened with your viewing of Yellowstone — were you going to wait til all the episodes of Season 4 are in and then decided you couldn’t do it?

Also wanted to add that I’ve enjoyed The Cleaning Lady. Like underdog stories, this one fits the bill.
I never mentioned Yellowstone Bud...You might have me mixed up with someone else...

I don't watch Baseball to be honest but i figured you would of enjoyed that collapse ..Lol

One thing i forgot to mention is that CBS dropped the New Love Boat after just four episodes......Paramount+ picked it up apparently.....

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I never mentioned Yellowstone Bud...You might have me mixed up with someone else...

I don't watch Baseball to be honest but i figured you would of enjoyed that collapse ..Lol

One thing i forgot to mention is that CBS dropped the New Love Boat after just four episodes......Paramount+ picked it up apparently.....
My bad, the part about Yellowstone was in response to @BehindTheTimes and I somehow bunched up the replies. I’ll edit. Thanks for the heads up!

I can’t believe there would be an audience for the likes of The Love Boat. I only remember how awful the original was. I can’t imagine how they could have turned such a bad concept into something watchable — so cheesy, lol.

I didn’t feel bad for the Jays’ collapse — can’t get myself to root for a team that voted for the contraction of the Expos but, too much time has gone by since it happened, so now I’m happy mostly ignoring them. ;)

Broke down and watched first 2 episodes of Yellowstone. I didn’t have it in me to wait.
What happened with your viewing of Yellowstone — were you going to wait til all the episodes of Season 5 are in and then decided you couldn’t do it?

Also wanted to add that I’ve enjoyed The Cleaning Lady. Like underdog stories, this one fits the bill.

Last edited:

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
My bad, the part about Yellowstone was in response to @BehindTheTimes and I somehow bunched up the replies. I’ll edit. Thanks for the heads up!

I can’t believe there would be an audience for the likes of The Love Boat. I only remember how awful the original was. I can’t imagine how they could have turned such a bad concept into something watchable — so cheesy, lol.

I didn’t feel bad for the Jays’ collapse — can’t get myself to root for a team that voted for the contraction of the Expos but, too much time has gone by since it happened, so now I’m happy mostly ignoring them. ;)

What happened with your viewing of Yellowstone — were you going to wait til all the episodes of Season 5 are in and then decided you couldn’t do it?

Yes, I prefer to binge watch normally, but I couldn’t wait and I agree.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Wow that blockbuster show is bad

Maybe it's not fair, but I gave up on it after the first episode. I enjoyed superstore, so I guess I was hoping for those kinds of vibes.

Maybe it gets better but episode 1 was just so bland that I don't see much hope.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Maybe it's not fair, but I gave up on it after the first episode. I enjoyed superstore, so I guess I was hoping for those kinds of vibes.

Maybe it gets better but episode 1 was just so bland that I don't see much hope.
Gave another chance and watched ep 2, still bad

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I watched the first episode of Wednesday (Addams). It looks promising. It's been a while since I've seen something that is pure Tim Burton's old style.

LV426

Oct 28, 2021
New Brunswick
Not too impressed with the 5th and 6th season of Rick & Morty. They need the original writers back.

Can't believe I'm talking about tv shows on Saturday night. FML

Grate n Colorful Oz

Here for Hutson's monster thighs
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Not too impressed with the 5th and 6th season of Rick & Morty. They need the original writers back.

Can't believe I'm talking about tv shows on Saturday night. FML

Aren't they still heading the writers room?

Most of the episodes since season 2 are credited to other writers.

Me thinks both Roiland and Harmond have ran out of ideas a long time ago and no matter who they add to the room, it'll never be as good as it first was. It's also the kinda show that's hard to keep fresh.

I liked some of the recent episodes, especially season 5's finale, but the quality and humor has slowly been waning since after season 3. Season 4 to 7 were on the new contract with a bigger budget, so it's no surprise they delegated a lot of the writing to their new hires.

Reactions: Redux91 and LV426

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The tangled webs being weaved on The White Lotus — so many storylines getting intertwined and coming to a head. Only 2 episodes left but the intrigue has become riveting. And most of these characters are just despicable and some will be getting their comeuppance. Even the eye candy content is ramping up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad