OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXXI (now rated PG)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I’ve been on a huge Naked and Afraid binge. Show is incredibly addictive.

I worked my way backwards from the latest episodes in Season 15 all the way to Season 4.

Participants get the choice of certain items they can bring with them for their 21 day ordeal. Usually, there’s always some kind of oversized knife being used. A recurring one is the Nepalese machete, something that’s great to have if you’re stranded and have to fend for yourself.

Last edited:

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
The English is a pice of shit I saw all in one sitting.

It was an extremely difficult watch for me that I had to take breaks from after each episode so it took me 12 or so hours to see the whole thing.

A sad, pathethic piece painting a world filled with sociopaths, serial murders and their victims. It takes a lot from Tarantino whom I simply no longer watch, but its writing is visibly weaker and it tries to make up for it with shocking violence, and more noticeably, zooming in on many (not few) portrayals of human scum and try to keep your eyeballs that way alone.

Towards the end The English dives even deeper, to the vey depths of a filled toilet bow, to make your stomach turn. Why? I have no idea as it is already 6 feet under and everyone gets it - no puppies licking anyone as the final cut. But it needs to go further. Upsetting and Blunt needs help producing and partially writing her (first for both) series in this manner. I'm disapponited and it was not expected in the slightest.

It is my honest believe healthy humansc should not expose themselves to such on-screen content regularly and unhealthy ones avoid it entirely.

The English is a piece of shit I will not talk about any more.
Tarantino sucks, I can’t get into any of his garbage.

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
virage double faute: 7.8/10 good show.

Plan B saison 4: 7.8/10 an other good season

all quiet on the western front (2022) : 7.8/10 great acting, cinematography and battle action.

sprung season 1: 7.8/10 good saeson

the whale: 7.5/10 great acting and set design ok movie.

Tulsa king: 7.5/10

1923: 7.5/10 Good season. In a parallel universe where ugly women who are not nuns are an extinct species the Dutton family conitnue to protect the Yellowstone ranch.

ant-man and the wasp quantumania: 6.5/10 one of the worst marvel movies so far.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Good show I agree. The casting tho not sure I would call it great. 30 years old playing teenager was not fitting IMO
You mean the guy playing Carlo?

I just looked him up. It’s Jimi Stanton aged 30. Now that you mention it, he did look much older in this week’s episode.

When it comes to casting I generally don’t look at an actor’s age. By way of example, most actors playing teenage movies are in their early to mid 20s. It’s all about how well they pull it off.

I liked Stanton’s performance but in this particular case, he did look much older than he should have been.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
You mean the guy playing Carlo?

I just looked him up. It’s Jimi Stanton aged 30. Now that you mention it, he did look much older in this week’s episode.

When it comes to casting I generally don’t look at an actor’s age. By way of example, most actors playing teenage movies are in their early to mid 20s. It’s all about how well they pull it off.

I liked Stanton’s performance but in this particular case, he did look much older than he should have been.
The baxter boy was alright. It was more the girl with the baby she really didnt look or act like a 17 years old girl. Plus the judge's son didnt look like a teenager neither and I didnt really like the story with the affair he had with the hot teacher and the fact he told her about the hit and run. I couldnt get behind that part of the story but overall a pretty good show.

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
I’ve been on a huge Naked and Afraid binge. Show is incredibly addictive.

I worked my way backwards from the latest episodes in Season 14 all the way to Season 4.

Participants get the choice of certain items they can bring with them for their 21 day ordeal. Usually, there’s always some kind of oversized knife being used. A recurring one is the Nepalese machete, something that’s great to have if you’re stranded and have to fend for yourself.
Is that a scream for help I hear?lol. Remember Nancy Reagan slogan, ''just say no''

If you don't mind,can you say what draws you in and gets you ''hooked''

You must know it's orchestrated and directed and the actors are fed lines that come off as not genuine. There is no real danger,much is exaggerated and false with editing to make it look more perilous than it is. They have ''spotters'' surrounding the perimeter of the ''theater'' though as it may be required.

But heck,I go searching for bigfoot whenever I can.lol

Reactions: Runner77

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Saw Scream 6

I would not say it's a bad movie, bit too much in my opinion in terms of twist.

still a good slasher movie, felt like it was more gory than the other ones

7/10

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Amazing backstory. When Stallone finally found an interested party for his screenplay, they offered him a large sum to not have him play the part, life-changing money, but he wouldn’t do it.

Reactions: HabbyGuy and Fenris

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Is that a scream for help I hear?lol. Remember Nancy Reagan slogan, ''just say no''

If you don't mind,can you say what draws you in and gets you ''hooked''

You must know it's orchestrated and directed and the actors are fed lines that come off as not genuine. There is no real danger,much is exaggerated and false with editing to make it look more perilous than it is. They have ''spotters'' surrounding the perimeter of the ''theater'' though as it may be required.

But heck,I go searching for bigfoot whenever I can.lol
Now you ruined that show for me. :laugh:

I like the idea of survivalists finding ways to get through. I’m aware that it’s not completely real but have learned a few things about what to do and not to do if on the outside chance, I got stranded.

The biggest takeaway is how gear-dependant all survivalists are. When you have nothing, you don’t really have a big fighting chance. Despite some fakery, you routinely see people losing a ton of weight on that show — most of them look emaciated by the end of their 21-day challenge.

My favorite shows are when one of the contestants brings a bow and arrow and then end up getting a big kill that feeds them for days. It’s kind of cool seeing them bbq in a jungle.

• Haha
Reactions: rik schau

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Enjoying this new action/ intrigue series on Netflix called Night Agent. It’s fast paced and there are several tense scenes.

Main character is likeable, I would even venture that he has the type of jawline that @Adam Michaels appreciates in his heroes/ Greek gods/ sports figures. It’s worth checking out just for that. :sarcasm:

Reading user comments on YouTube, a recurring word to describe the show is « addictive ». Many said they had to binge watch it, they couldn’t stop. One user said that it reminded one of the series 24, with Kiefer Sutherland.

Last edited:

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Too bad there won’t be a Season 3 of Your Honor: Showtime Pulls the Plug on Season 3 of Your Honor

The finale is slated for next Friday.

What a show it’s been so far, the storyline, casting and acting are superb.

it was good but got a little too politically correct and predictable in the end. They should have focused more on the crime family. I mean c'mon the kid's murder trial was an open and shut case lol. I wish they took a different route it could have been a really good series that lasted years!

PS saying all that, I'm hooked on Mayans MC lol, totally predictable hahahhah

• Haha

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Watched John Wick 4. Considering the over-the-top violence, the set pieces were well done and there was a lot of world building.
Keanu has shot a small town’s worth of targets in any of the Wicks but, in real life, this is the kind of world building that resonates and he does his small part. This is not recent footage but it’s totally who he is. Plus, it’s a completely fabulous Canadian thing to do.

Reactions: sandviper

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Keanu has shot a small town’s worth of targets in any of the Wicks but, in real life, this is the kind of world building that resonates and he does his small part. This is not recent footage but it’s totally who he is. Plus, it’s a completely fabulous Canadian thing to do.

Love him as a person. Not a fan of him as an actor lol.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Enjoying this new action/ intrigue series on Netflix called Night Agent. It’s fast paced and there are several tense scenes.

Main character is likeable, I would even venture that he has the type of jawline that @Adam Michaels appreciates in his heroes/ Greek gods/ sports figures. It’s worth checking out just for that. :sarcasm:

Reading user comments on YouTube, a recurring word to describe the show is « addictive ». Many said they had to binge watch it, they couldn’t stop. One user said that it reminded one of the series 24, with Kiefer Sutherland.

My wife and I are watching this and we love it but my wife basically loves every series that she watches lol.

• Haha

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $716.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki