OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXX (...how can this possibly go wrong)

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Carradine was iconic in that.

« If you can snatch the pebble from my hand, time for you to leave. »

Classic!
You forgot, ".....grasshopper."

Speaking of funny French films , I highly recommend these:

Les Vacances de M.Hulot
Mon Oncle
Le Diner des Cons (sure most have seen this)
My name is Habs Icing and I fully endorse this ad.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The Bear = best new show of 2022 so far
You were not kidding.

Your take is supported by several extremely positive reviews.

Sample comment: “Good Will Hunting meets Anthony Bourdain. The Bear is a mix of understated creative genius, brotherhood and internal conflict, served up with some really incredible food.”

I’m starting this tonight. Thanks for the heads up!

:m-dance:

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Debating getting into House of Dragons. My preference is to binge watch an entire season at once, but some of the really good shows I can’t help myself.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Same here, I have the episodes, just waiting for what, I'm not sure.
Waiting to wait. Lol. I dunno, the wife is very much like me. She enjoys binge watching and she’s asked me to watch it with her, so I have a reason to wait. I wonder if they are good enough to watch now and then watch agsin with her lol.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Saw the first episode of Rings of Power and I've got the hunch that it's not gonna be well casted/acted/directed. Willing to be wrong and I don't think it's HORRIBLE by any stretch but I don't think it's going to be worthy of the Peter Jackson trilogy. Very odd that apparently Jackson reached out to this new production to see if they wanted some kind of help or consulting (can't remember exactly in what capacity) but I heard that he was ignored. That was weird to me.

I hear the 2nd episode is better. I mean there's some cool stuff there for sure and the production values are obviously there by the truck load. The ending though was definitely interesting.

It's kind of reminding me of Foundation where it looks incredible and there's cool things happening and amazing universe building but it's not terribly well cast or directed. Not horrible but you just wished it could've been better.

Definitely willing to be patient.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Saw the first episode of Rings of Power and I've got the hunch that it's not gonna be well casted/acted/directed. Willing to be wrong and I don't think it's HORRIBLE by any stretch but I don't think it's going to be worthy of the Peter Jackson trilogy. Very odd that apparently Jackson reached out to this new production to see if they wanted some kind of help or consulting (can't remember exactly in what capacity) but I heard that he was ignored. That was weird to me.

I hear the 2nd episode is better. I mean there's some cool stuff there for sure and the production values are obviously there by the truck load. The ending though was definitely interesting.

It's kind of reminding me of Foundation where it looks incredible and there's cool things happening and amazing universe building but it's not terribly well cast or directed. Not horrible but you just wished it could've been better.

Definitely willing to be patient.
Too soon to say if it's going to be good or not but as long as it's better than the almost awful Hobbit i'd be fine with it.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Too soon to say if it's going to be good or not but as long as it's better than the almost awful Hobbit i'd be fine with it.

yeah there's definitely some good stuff going for it. I actually really liked the first one hahaha. 2nd one was kind of meh didn't watch the third one.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
From the very first season I watched, I thought it was going to suck
Every season after that, I thought the show would fade but it didn't, they always manage to keep me in.

Let's hope this one is not different, release tomorrow

Reactions: Deebs

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Every season after that, I thought the show would fade but it didn't, they always manage to keep me in.

I re-watched season 4 yesterday in anticipation of season 5.

Same here, thought they'd sink after a few seasons, but the 4th was actually really good. Me thinks season 5 will top everything off with Chozen completing the cast and story. It should be good, but really, I don't know where they could go from there to keep it interesting passed season 5.

Last edited:

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

Just watched the 2nd episode. I liked it a lot better. First episodes are usually junk. It could actually be quite amazing. Excited to see where it goes.

I only watched a season and a half but man is it so good. So much fun. So well done.

Anyone else watch Winning Time? Man is it fantastic. The guy who plays Jerry West steals the show imo. Don't even know who he is but he's hilarious. The writing, directing, acting is all top notch.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I need to find something to watch. I’m going to wait for the Mrs on House of Dragons. I’m pumped for it and it is killing me, but I can’t watch without her.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I need to find something to watch. I’m going to wait for the Mrs on House of Dragons. I’m pumped for it and it is killing me, but I can’t watch without her.
A poster suggested The Illusionist and I quite enjoyed it. It’s a bit fantastical but in the same mold as The Prestige. A movie worth getting into if you’re looking for an appetizer before jumping into a new series.

Reactions: angusyoung

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I just finished watching Cleveland Abduction. Was hard to watch at times, but for some reason the story seemed very familiar.

They did a good job with a horrific story.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
A poster suggested The Illusionist and I quite enjoyed it. It’s a bit fantastical but in the same mold as The Prestige. A movie worth getting into if you’re looking for an appetizer before jumping into a new series.
Already seen it. I’ve seen everything Edward Norton. He was my favourite actor for awhile. I became obsessed with all his work after Primal Fear. What a performance he played in that movie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad