OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXX (...how can this possibly go wrong)

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
HoD ep2 already has me hooked on the series. Goddammit HBO!

Side note..tried to watch Jurassic Park 3...didn't get halfway. Complete caca.

So far it's better than the end of GoT and not as good as the beginning of GoT. Definitely good enough for me to keep watching it.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
So far it's better than the end of GoT and not as good as the beginning of GoT. Definitely good enough for me to keep watching it.
I think I prefer it to the start of GoT, but maybe that's because GoT laid the foundation.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
HoD ep2 already has me hooked on the series. Goddammit HBO!

Side note..tried to watch Jurassic Park 3...didn't get halfway. Complete caca.

Jurassic Park 3 or the new Jurassic World third movie? I assume the latter? Because yes, it was utter garbage. I know it's a fake dinosaur movie but they managed to make it unwatchable.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Could you please recommend me some great movies, something similar to Inception, The Prestige, the Illusionist, Now You See Me. Thanks.

peate

Smiley
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I haven't started HoD yet. Having read all 5 books and rewatching the series a few times, I'm curious but not in a hurry to start. Strange?

From what I read here, it's good.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
So far HoD delivering.......let's hope it continue like that!
And tonight it's time for Rings of Power to do the same.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Could you please recommend me some great movies, something similar to Inception, The Prestige, the Illusionist, Now You See Me. Thanks.
Loved The Prestige. Never saw the Illusionist and Now You See Me. I might have to take a gander.

Reactions: Deebs

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
About the same for me, although there hasn't been any epic battles yet. Those were at least pretty damn good in GOT final season. Writing was poor, but the action sequences were great.

I also feel the whole thing feels like a GOT - The city council. I mean the characters aren't huge presences like in the first few seasons of GOT. Still a good show so far, but seems smaller in scale. Not necessarily a bad thing, Mandalorian was a bit of the same for Star Wars and that was a home run.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
About the same for me, although there hasn't been any epic battles yet. Those were at least pretty damn good in GOT final season. Writing was poor, but the action sequences were great.

I also feel the whole thing feels like a GOT - The city council. I mean the characters aren't huge presences like in the first few seasons of GOT. Still a good show so far, but seems smaller in scale. Not necessarily a bad thing, Mandalorian was a bit of the same for Star Wars and that was a home run.
You're just getting to know the characters...
Khal Drogo was the only ''dang'' character right off the bat in GoT.
The rest took some time to get more interesting. But the set up was different as there was already tension/conflict for the throne.

For HoD, there is no discussion about the One true King. Friction is starting to creep in for the Heir, but the King is not dead, he's not even unhealthy. More characters will be revealed as the season continues I'm sure and tensions rise.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
You're just getting to know the characters...
Khal Drogo was the only ''dang'' character right off the bat in GoT.
The rest took some time to get more interesting. But the set up was different as there was already tension/conflict for the throne.

For HoD, there is no discussion about the One true King. Friction is starting to creep in for the Heir, but the King is not dead, he's not even unhealthy. More characters will be revealed as the season continues I'm sure and tensions rise.

He's somewhat unhealthy to be fair, unless you consider visibly rotting as something not to be too concerned about :laugh:

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I've never seen the 2002 version. I love the Depardieu French version.

Movies I watch once a year
LOTR extended version every Boxing Day
Goodfellas
Casablanca
12 Angry Men
Charlie Chaplin marathon day
Field of Dreams
Tokyo Story
Au Hasard Balthazar - Great Bresson film
In the Heat of the NIght

Also have MCU days where we'll watch one series.

Tokyo Story's incredible. I need to watch more Ozu.

Reactions: Redux91

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Watched the Illusionist and was pleasantly surprised. The beginning was misleading as the story unfolded like a fairy tale but then gave way to a lot of tension and uncertainty. It keeps you on the edge the same way The Prestige does.

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Saw the Pink panther was on and it turns out they remade it! wow what a steaming pile of shit! haven't been that disgusted since being licked by a giraffe.
download (3).jpg

Reactions: Runner77

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
I enjoyed the first 2 ep of ring of power, you can definitly see the money on the screen. Lot of twitter neg comments about how slow it is but it will pick up, you need to have some sort of intro to all the “new” worlds.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I enjoyed the first 2 ep of ring of power, you can definitly see the money on the screen. Lot of twitter neg comments about how slow it is but it will pick up, you need to have some sort of intro to all the “new” worlds.

I only finished the 1st one and the money is there for sure.

The purist won't like, that's for sure but it was still visually striking, the production is through the roof......the story, well I'll wait for a couple of other episode before judging. The point is to get entertain and for that, I was.

Last edited:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
He's somewhat unhealthy to be fair, unless you consider visibly rotting as something not to be too concerned about :laugh:
That's a bit of a stretch to say this early. Clearly something will happen but as of ep2..he's not crippled in any way shape or form.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
If you try the Criterion Channel , they have about a dozen of his movies. I did the free trial and watch about of his movies.

yeah I have it and saw there was a lot on there. Don't watch that thing as much as I'd like to that's for sure. They got some tremendous stuff on there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad