OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXX (...how can this possibly go wrong)

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
My hero is back!

And here I thought this guy was your hero:

th-jpeg-17.jpg

Just kiddin 😉

Seriously, if you haven't seen Dr Sleep, watch it. Rebecca Ferguson is incredibly yummy as the villain. I know you love redheads and she's an incredibly sexy one.

She's definitely a VILF

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I just finished Moon Knight.
Was okay.

I started She-Hulk, pretty good. I like the Emil Blomsky rehabilitation arc. Its something thats touched on often in the comics but not so much in the MCU. The 7 concubines is a bit dumb but the premise is realistic.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Related bit... I introduced my wife to Breaking Bad and Ozark (and BCS) and she couldn't get into them, telling me cartel and mafia stories aren't her thing (unless there's Pedro Pascal somewhere in there, she did watch and enjoy the original Narcos). So yesterday, she's browsing Netflix and we both read the description for A Model Family. My first reaction is thinking "wow that sounds like the Korean knockoff of Breaking Bad or Ozark" and my wife, she tells me "oh, it's Korean, so it should be good". I'm like "Are you f***ing shitting me?" She:"What's the problem?" "Well, for one, you skipped on three of the best drama shows I've ever seen because, apparently, you don't like cartel and mafia shows unless there's lovely Pedro in it, but hey, it's a f***ing knockoff of Breaking Bad and Ozark, but since it's friggin Korean, it haaas to be good, right?"

Surprised to see someone put Ozark in the same league as Breaking Bad.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I just finished Moon Knight.
Was okay.

I started She-Hulk, pretty good. I like the Emil Blomsky rehabilitation arc. Its something thats touched on often in the comics but not so much in the MCU. The 7 concubines is a bit dumb but the premise is realistic.

I kinda liked it in the first 15-20 minutes when she's at Bruce's paradise monster resort, but then the end of that first scene in court, Ouf. Too much comic book-like. I quit right there.

Forgot Tim Roth is in it, so i might pick it back up. Somewhen.

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
the northman: 7.8/10 good movie. The lighthouse was one of the worse movie i have ever seen thankfully the northman was much better.

the old man season 1 : 7.8/10 great 1st 2 episodes after that the pace drop quite a bit but still a good season.

star trek strange new worlds season 1: 7.5/10 good season with good characters.

illusions perdues: 7.5/10 good french movie.

the bear season 1: 7.5/10 good season but your left expecting more from the show.

the sandman: 7.3/10 good but uneven 1st season.

the gray man: 7.3/10 great set locations with good fight scenes.

C'mon C'mon: 7/10 average movie with Joaquin Phoenix.

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I kinda liked it in the first 15-20 minutes when she's at Bruce's paradise monster resort, but then the end of that first scene in court, Ouf. Too much comic book-like. I quit right there.

Forgot Tim Roth is in it, so i might pick it back up. Somewhen.

Its the average MCU show, don't go in there expecting too much man. Just go in there expecting fan service and a fun little stupid time.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
...because everyone has those one or two that they secretly love but are embarrassed about for some reason...

Is that your way of telling us that every year you sit down and put your feet up, between a tub of pistachio ice cream and a big box of kleenex, to watch Ghost and lip synch every line of the movie?

What am I saying... Ghost. In your case, it's probably Scent of a Woman or Pretty Woman. Something that has a Roy Oborson song, for some reason.

I am surprised that there isn't a thread where posters list their top 5-10 movies of all time.

I wanted to suggest people post all the TV series they've finished and then those they haven't completed.

Last edited:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
My favourite movies are still Young Guns 1 and 2. Might lay back and run through them both later today

Really liked those movies and watch them from time to time.

Movies I had on repeat as a kid and teen:

ET
The entire Asterix collection
The Goonies
Back to the Future trilogy
Star Wars trilogy
Ghostbusters 1&2
Predator 1&2
Total Recall (Paul Verhoven is incredible)
Starship Troopers
Terminator 1&2
Alien trilogy
Young Guns 1&2
Ace Ventura
The Mask
Akira
Rumble in the Bronx
Super Cop series
Drunken Master
The Crow
Pulp Fiction
Jurassic Park 1&2 (the books too)
The Shawshank Redemption
The Hudsucker Proxy

Movies i used to re-watch endlessly in my 20's and early 30's, but don't anymore:

The Frighteners
The Network
The original Planet of the Apes movie series
LOTR trilogy
Fight Club
Die Hard With a Vengeance
Get Shorty
The Whole Nine Yards (i mean, really, Arquette, Peet and Henstrige, sha-wing!)
Revenge of the Sith
Pirates of the Caribbeans
Trainspotting
Hitchhicker's Guide to the Galaxy (re-read it often too)
No Country for Old Men
Burn After Reading
Bourne trilogy
Matrix trilogy + Animatrix
Bruce Almighty
Liar Liar
Man on the Moon
Truman Show
The Office
Idiocracy
In the Nick of Time
American History X
Thank You for Smoking
Dark Knight trilogy
The Prestige

Movies I still rewatch yearly:

Shawshank Redemption
Total Recall
Guardians of the Galaxy 1&2
Infinity saga part 1&2
Prometheus trilogy (even though it could be far better)
The Silver Lining Playbook
Joy
The Founder

I'm more into re-watching TV series lately. In the last few years, I've re-watched:

Lost (yes, I know, don't comment)
X-Files
Better Call Saul (first 5 seasons, at least 5 times each)
Breaking Bad
Shameless
Seinfeld
Black Sails (im a sucker for the Golden age and anything in the west indies)
GoT

Last edited:
Reactions: OldCraig71

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I have forgotten so many movies that I have watched over the years but some of my faves are:
-Life is beautiful
-Gladiator
-Shawshank Redemption
- Fury
-Silence of the lambs
-Good will hunting
-Catch me if you can
-The Truman show
-The curious case of Benjamin Button
-Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

As for tv, well,

-Lost( Still pissed off by the way it ended)
-GOT
-Curb your enthusiasm
-Seinfeld
-Ozark
-Shameless seasons 1-6
-Chappelle Show
-Mad Men
- The Walking dead up till season 5, gave up after that.

I have left out some but those are the ones I recall. Cheers.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I have forgotten so many movies that I have watched over the years but some of my faves are:
-Life is beautiful
-Gladiator
-Shawshank Redemption
- Fury
-Silence of the lambs
-Good will hunting
-Catch me if you can
-The Truman show
-The curious case of Benjamin Button
-Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

As for tv, well,

-Lost( Still pissed off by the way it ended)
-GOT
-Curb your enthusiasm
-Seinfeld
-Ozark
-Shameless seasons 1-6
-Chappelle Show
-Mad Men
- The Walking dead up till season 5, gave up after that.

I have left out some but those are the ones I recall. Cheers.

I forgot GoT. I re-watched at least 2 times, as recentlu as last spring, the wife and I felt like re-watching the whole thing in anticipation of House of the Dragon.

I wasn't pissed at how Lost ended, but GoT, after re-watching it I was still pissed.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I forgot GoT. I re-watched at least 2 times, as recentlu as last spring, the wife and I felt like re-watching the whole thing in anticipation of House of the Dragon.

I wasn't pissed at how Lost ended, but GoT, after re-watching it I was still pissed.
Oh man, how could you not be pissed at the ending of Lost? For years they denied the fact that everyone was dead and in the end we found out that they really were! I am still pissed lol. As for GOT it seemed like the writers got lazy in the end and just threw something together.

Any fans of Josh Brolin watched The Outer Range on Prime?

Wife & I liked the first season a lot. A western scifi with time travel.
I loved that as well, looking forward to more.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Oh man, how could you not be pissed at the ending of Lost? For years they denied the fact that everyone was dead and in the end we found out that they really were! I am still pissed lol. As for GOT it seemed like the writers got lazy in the end and just threw something together.

I loved that as well, looking forward to more.

Lol They weren't dead. They were only dead in the flashforward scenes in the last season, which was their common purgatory that led them to meet in the church in the end. They all died at different times, but once dead, joined their common purgatory. That's why Ben can't move on yet, he still has to atone for what he did on the island. Everything else, they were alive. On the island, thry were alive. Christian even tells Jack in the church "everything that happened on that island was real" and the show finishes with Jack dying on the island after defeating the smoke monster. This is the most common interpretation and it's the one Lindelof said was true.

Here: "The final reveal that the flash-sideways interludes were actually a glimpse into the shared afterlife that the survivors created for each other well after their deaths — some in previous episodes, some long after the events of the finale — may have been too much to throw at audiences at the time. It was easy to mistake the (admittedly vague) explanation of how the action on the island took place before the events of the seemingly alternate universe, which is how the "They were dead the whole time!" narrative became the prevailing interpretation of the finale among some circles."

Read More: Lost Ending Explained: No, They Weren't Dead The Whole Time ... But They Weren't Really Living, Either - /Film

Last edited:
Reactions: Redux91

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad