OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXX (...how can this possibly go wrong)

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Yeah that's really neat to see......Not many make it to 100.....

Dick Van Dyke is getting close and sadly Betty White just missed it by a few weeks........Betty was amazing on the Mary Tyler Moore show......
Not many at all,knew a handful or more and when lucid,had great stories,a part of living history.
Would be nice to see van Dyck make it,a shame about Betty though.

download (2).jpg

Reactions: Gjman2019

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Started re-watching the whole series again from the beginning. Might get interested to read the books if the luxury of time permits.

View attachment 573961
8 seasons! Tried watching it but found it a little slow. Maybe I should have been more patient.

Season 9 in the works but it’ll be the series finale (you already knew this — that’s for the rest of us):

Endeavour Season 9 is currently filming in Oxford. No premiere date has been announced. RadioTimes reports that the final episodes will likely air in late 2022 or early 2023 on ITV. Episodes typically air in the U.S. several months after they are broadcast in the UK.

@GoodKiwi is usually on top of Brit productions. I don’t think I’ve seen him comment on this one.

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
8 seasons! Tried watching it but found it a little slow. Maybe I should have been more patient.

Season 9 in the works but it’ll be the series finale (you already knew this — that’s for the rest of us):

Endeavour Season 9 is currently filming in Oxford. No premiere date has been announced. RadioTimes reports that the final episodes will likely air in late 2022 or early 2023 on ITV. Episodes typically air in the U.S. several months after they are broadcast in the UK.

@GoodKiwi is usually on top of Brit productions. I don’t think I’ve seen him comment on this one.
Ones own..............right. Patience is a virtue,think you gave up to soon. I get it though,at first when it came out it appeared slow as each installment begins with so many characters being shown with little to no dialogue,but that was actually setting the stage for what is to come,they are all intertwined. It can be confusing at times and give mighty thanks to whomever invented the pause and rewind functions so that I/we can get a handle on who's who and what's what. I/we find the acting and dialogue very well done and although not a comedy,there is some,subtle as it is. The principal cast has a lot of depth and each character evolves over the series run,a mere 30ish installments. No bells and whistles and don't expect a Miami Vice type show but a solid period piece that is very well done,imo. I would suggest seeing from the 1st installment as there are nuances that carry over but each individual episode wraps of the primary particular area of focus.

Not that they are similar,but we wrapped up ''old man'' and it started off fine but just started to drag out with no satisfying conclusion as they just seem to want to milk it and stretch it out too much.

Have no idea what his take would be as a page or 2 prior he was going gangbusters for John Wick or is it Wicks? That darn Holt character has thrown me off.:laugh:

ca3e6016-4519-4ffe-afc8-c908af9a80ee_text.gif

Reactions: Runner77

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I saw Spider-Man no way home, christ that was a bad movie

I finally got to watch Transformer: The Last Knight. I almost suicided myself after watching it. My will to live was super low. By far the worst movie i ever watched and if it's not the worst movie ever made then i'm shocked.

• Haha

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006

I'm not familiar with this one. Don't think I've ever knew about it. :|

Nine seasons... wow, I think it's too much of a commitment for me to investigate the show at this point.

• Haha

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
ZeroZeroZero.

Four episodes in, and the show is great, better than expected. Love the different angles filmed by the series. Especially the Mexican narcos/special forces. Really enjoying season 1 so far.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
ZeroZeroZero.

Four episodes in, and the show is great, better than expected. Love the different angles filmed by the series. Especially the Mexican narcos/special forces. Really enjoying season 1 so far.
I enjoyed it too..disappointed they aren't making other seasons.

Reactions: PhysicX

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad