OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXX (...how can this possibly go wrong)

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I thought Multiverse of madness was pretty good. A lot of winks to the incredibly good What If? series.

The final GOTG looks good with Gunn back on board. Love & Thunder also intrigues me, but not sure it'll be as good as Ragnarok.
I was thinking that about MoM when I posted.I did enjoy it, as well as Spider-Man.

However, while I didn’t hate them, Black Widow (which to me is a phase 3 movie in reality) and Love and Thunder were underwhelming. I also haven’t been enthralled with the Disney+ shows other than WandaVision and Falcon and Winter Soldier.

That said, the phase 5 slate for TV and film do look good.

Getting back to phase 4, this new trailer for She-Hulk looks much better. However, WF looks amazing.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I was thinking that about MoM when I posted.I did enjoy it, as well as Spider-Man.

However, while I didn’t hate them, Black Widow (which to me is a phase 3 movie in reality) and Love and Thunder were underwhelming. I also haven’t been enthralled with the Disney+ shows other than WandaVision and Falcon and Winter Soldier.

That said, the phase 5 slate for TV and film do look good.

Getting back to phase 4, this new trailer for She-Hulk looks much better. However, WF looks amazing.

Watched 15 minutes of Black Widow, I felt like OldCraig71 after a period of play.

Watched 10 minutes of FWS, same thing happened.

I liked Wanda Vision though.

• Haha
Reactions: ArtPeur

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Watched Upgrade yesterday. Cool low budget movie in a Cyberpunkish universe. Like it a lot.

I started watching the Netflix series Tiger King. I'm only 3 episodes in so maybe i'm missing something but i remember when it was released lot of people online were hating on Carole Baskin. After watching 3 episodes i don't get it. Everyone in this ******* show looks like a total POS narcissistic trash. All of them. Joe Exotic, Carole Baskin. Doc Antle. The drug lord. **** them all. I'm amazed so far that the tigers are not the animals in the show the humans are.

Chadstudsky

Nov 19, 2008
Ottawa
Watched 'The Rental' yesterday on Netflix. Wife and I enjoyed it! Makes you wonder just how bad it can be that we blindly we trust Airbnb's

• Haha
Reactions: rik schau

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

She-Hulk "attorney at law"? Is that for clients who don't pay their bills on time?

What will they think of next -- Antman, rocket surgeon.

I started watching the Netflix series Tiger King. I'm only 3 episodes in so maybe i'm missing something but i remember when it was released lot of people online were hating on Carole Baskin. After watching 3 episodes i don't get it. Everyone in this ******* show looks like a total POS narcissistic trash.
Try posting on the Mains -- you'll experience the same characters within minutes. You won't have to put yourself through so many episodes.

:teach:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
That is what the character is in the comics, who has been around since 1979.
Don't doubt it but it sounds so incongruent. I guess it makes the character stand out by having a preposterous profile.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
I saw it. It was just ok. I was disappointed. The high points didn't hit for me. It'll make money though because it's pretty much all ages.
Curious to see if you saw the reddit movie review with a full analysis of what to movie meant (in his opinion), good read.

I will be honest, not sure if I’m dumb and it was 10pm but I didn’t get the second level at all in this movie, now that I’ve taken the time to read on it. It’s almost ironic that logan paul trashed the movie online.

I was under the impression that it was going to be a smart blockbuster, but it was a super smart one, i don’t think 90% of the viewers will get something out of it in one viewing

Reactions: Runner77 and Shabs

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Curious to see if you saw the reddit movie review with a full analysis of what to movie meant (in his opinion), good read.

I will be honest, not sure if I’m dumb and it was 10pm but I didn’t get the second level at all in this movie, now that I’ve taken the time to read on it. It’s almost ironic that logan paul trashed the movie online.

I was under the impression that it was going to be a smart blockbuster, but it was a super smart one, i don’t think 90% of the viewers will get something out of it in one viewing
People did not even get the satire in Starship Troopers back then so don't get your hope too high ;)

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017

Haven't read any reviews.

Having seen and really liked his previous 2 movies, I appreciate that he tries to make statements or social commentary with his films.

I don't want to spoil anything here, so I'll just say I get what he was trying to say but the deeper meaning didn't resonate. Someone told me they heard almost 2 hours was cut out of the movie and that may explain some.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Shocked how much I like The Gray Man. This goes straight to my action hall of fame next to Wick movies and some others.

I watch 3-4 movies per year and am very glad I decided to give this one a try.

No, not perfect by any means, but it does what it sets out to do - entertain. Helped to wash the sour taste of the movie I saw before - The Batman. What a disappointment that was, ugh.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Shocked how much I like The Gray Man. This goes straight to my action hall of fame next to Wick movies and some others.

I watch 3-4 movies per year and am very glad I decided to give this one a try.

No, not perfect by any means, but it does what it sets out to do - entertain. Helped to wash the sour taste of the movie I saw before - The Batman. What a disappointment that was, ugh.
Nice

Was contemplating what to watch with my next uber eats order of cineplex pop corn. The John Wick comparison always does it for me

Reactions: GoodKiwi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad