OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXX (...how can this possibly go wrong)

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I could never get into stranger things. I seen everyone talking about it here so I went to try again. It’s not for me. I couldn’t get through an episode.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
And even with episode running 1h30 and the last at 2h30.....I wasn't even bored and wanted more and I also thought season 3 was meh (even the 2nd wasn't like the 1st one). They really hit that one out of the ballpark, at least for me.
Agreed. You know it's good when you even enjoy the cheesy moments.
Ya the 2h30 last episode went by quick, and still left me wanting more. I love how they already set up a return to the base for Season 5 with Will being targeted again.

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
:laugh: No the woof woof type of dogs. There's 2 what look like Rottweiler's in the series and they're pretty awesome.

jeff-bridges-freya-cain-dogs-old-man-premiere-pics.jpg
Those are some nice looking dogs! Think you're right,look like Rottweilers.

Reactions: aresknights

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Rotties are great dogs but don't f*** with them. They have no sense of humour. :laugh:

I saw the first two episodes of the old man, it's pretty good.
No kidding! put yourself in their place,not sure you'd have much of a sense of humor either.:nod::laugh:
I'm like an animal whisperer but that's crossing the line imo, but to each their own eh?

Good to know:thumbu: no spoiler alerts por favor.

peate

Smiley
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Any one watching the Orville? That last episode was a winner. I like it when time travel is the topic. It's gotten a lot more "serious" compared to season 1. They tackled some delicate subjects this year, I'm enjoying it.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Jurassic Park Dominion: It's fun that they brought back all the original actor but the whole movie made me really think about the original movie, well one scene of the 1st movie....this scene
tenor.gif

Boring, non-sense, 0 imagination.....just a terrible movie all around. 3/10

Under the banner of heaven (disney+): Slow paced series base on the true story of a gruesome murders in the mormons world. Great acting, Andrew Garfield is very good and the whole production is good without being spectacular. I'm a sucker for real stories so absolutely loved this one. 9.1/10

The boys season 3: Can't get enough of that immature, dark humor, audacious and violent show. Season 3 didn't disappointed me. Pushing some limits and despites the overwhelming superheroes stuff out there, this one is still the most original of them all for me. 8.8\10

Reactions: sandviper

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Saw Love and Thunder last week and IMO, a rather weak movie. Of the four Thor movies, this was below Ragnorok (way below) and below the first Thor.

Christian Bale was excellent but vastly underused.

I wasn’t enthralled in the action sequences and I found the overall tone of the movie uneven. Even the humour felt tired and forced at times, though I did laugh at Lady Sif’s “oh shit” comment In her scene which I won’t spoil.

That said, while the final act left a lot to be desired, the mid-credits scene did make me interested in the possibilities of the next movie.

Side note, I saw Maverick several weeks ago and it was awesome. One of the rare sequels that’s superior to the first film. Easily the best action movie I’ve seen in a few years.

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
Barry season 3: 8.5/10 great season

stranger things season 4: 8/10 good season

the boys season 3: 8/10 good season

The offer (the serie) : 8/10 good show about the godfather movie creation.

top gun maverick: 7.8/10

borgen season 4: 7.8/10 good season

Obi-wan Kenobi season 1: 7.3/10

The umbrella academy season 3: 7.3/10

thor love and thunder: 7/10 a step below Ragnarok but still an honest summer blockbuster.

the terminal list: 7/10 average story but good action and good performance by Pratt

Reactions: Redux91 and Deebs

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Better Call Saul is back on tonight, can't wait.

On another note, new Thor movie is not horrible but it is a really bad movie.

Question on every BCS fan's mind right now:

What will happen to Kim to leave Jimmy's life?

Dies, goes to prison, just leaves?

Too much guilt over the murder of you-know-who?

Maybe it's DA Ericsen and her warnings to Kim about investigating Jimmy and his links to the cartel?

Could be Fring wanting to silence her because she's seen too much, although, I find it unlikely as both Jimmy and Kim are lawyers and Mike wouldn't accept it.

Most shocking would be: Betsy Kettleman. That scene where Jimmy only wants to use the carrot on the Kettlemans, but Kim goes full blast with the stick, I think it might push crazy Betsy over the edge. When stupid sociopaths become desperate, they can react really badly. We see Jimmy doesn't like what Kim did. His gut feeling is she went too far.

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Yes please....Heat 2

Always loved Manhunter

Came out five years before Silence of the Lambs and has such an epic ending with Iron Butterfly's, Inna Godda da Vida setting the tone. Later remade as Red Dragon (original book title) with Ralph Fiennes attempting to re imagine Tom Noonan's portrayal of Francis Dollarhyde.

Such a signature Mann movie.

It is dated but was so good at the time

Last edited:

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
Always loved Manhunter

Came out five years before Silence of the Lambs and has such an epic ending with Iron Butterfly's, Inna Godda da Vida setting the tone. Later remade as Red Dragon (original book title) with Ralph Fiennes attempting to re imagine Tom Noonan's portrayal of Francis Dollarhyde.

It was a very good show. Not many bad Michael Mann movies

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Our Aussie companion got us to watch this,in typical Aussie fashion,f***ed up but funny enough.

download (1).jpg

Miami vice was Kinda shit Waste of Farrell and Foxx
That's bold coming from someone with the Stooges motifo_O

Always loved Manhunter

Dated would be very accurate.:nod:

Reactions: Runner77

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Most consecutive decades with a #1 hit

Biggest gap between song release and hitting #1 on the billboard. Something like 34 years.

Most consecutive decades with a #1 hit

Biggest gap between song release and hitting #1 on the billboard. Something like 34 years.
red-buzzer-asian-got-talents.gif

Cher's career as a recording artist spans seven decades and she is the only artist to have a number-one single on a Billboard chart in each of the past six decades.

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad