OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXX (...how can this possibly go wrong)

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Joker 2 is a musical.....what??
I don't get that...

...just watched Jurassic Park: Abomination last night...and it was...truly, truly horrid...
It feels like there's been a switch where Movies are all pretty bad these days. It's rare you get excited about going to the movie theatre.
TV Shows have taken a huge leap forward and provide much more interesting content. Too many interesting and good shows to keep up with....but can't find a half decent movie these days.

Reactions: ArtPeur

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
It feels like there's been a switch where Movies are all pretty bad these days. It's rare you get excited about going to the movie theatre.
TV Shows have taken a huge leap forward and provide much more interesting content. Too many interesting and good shows to keep up with....but can't find a half decent movie these days.

...Sandler's new movie Hustle I found surprisingly good...now, if you don't like basketball, you may not like it, but it's worth a watch, imo...

Reactions: Redux91

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Imagine if NHL network was a thing back then and people could watch teams like Dallas..Colorado..Detroit..Rangers...Philly...on the daily?
I was a Nordiques fan because of Sakic, never missed a Colorado game I could watch. If I had the same access as today, I probably never jump ship towards Montreal.

Can't wait to see this 30 for 30.
Merdiques fan???? I want @BigDaddyLurch with his GTFO meme. Right. Now.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Merdiques fan???? I want @BigDaddyLurch with his GTFO meme. Right. Now.

...OK, but you're taking the flak if it comes...

GTFO.gif

:biglaugh:

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Saw this for the first time and it was alright.What pissed me off from the get go though is if you're trying to make a semi accurate movie,then do it right.
It starts in April in DC and you can clearly see that it is peak summer by the foliage.:shakehead

p159377_p_v8_ag.jpg

BlueShirtGal

True Blue Kitty
May 19, 2014
Federal Way, WA
Really testing my ADD on this one! 7 plus hours!:help:

You should see some of the landings on aircraft carries under some conditions,not for the timid!:eek2:
I have a terrible fear of flying. Funny story: On one flight I decided to take some leftover pain pills along w/ a couple beers thinking it would calm me. However, all I did was itch the whole flight (from the opiates).:oops:

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I have a terrible fear of flying. Funny story: On one flight I decided to take some leftover pain pills along w/ a couple beers thinking it would calm me. However, all I did was itch the whole flight (from the opiates).:oops:
I'm sorry to hear that,I shall refrain from regaling some of the more ''stress inducing'' misadventures.
Have you ever considered speaking with a professional to aid in reinforcing that flight is very safe.
I'll get loaded just with the hope I can sleep some as I find flying commercially rather dull and boring.
Are you allergic to opiates? hope it went away quickly.

BlueShirtGal

True Blue Kitty
May 19, 2014
Federal Way, WA
I'm sorry to hear that,I shall refrain from regaling some of the more ''stress inducing'' misadventures.
Have you ever considered speaking with a professional to aid in reinforcing that flight is very safe.
I'll get loaded just with the hope I can sleep some as I find flying commercially rather dull and boring.
Are you allergic to opiates? hope it went away quickly.
Oh just watching the stuff doesn't give me anxiety only actually being in the plane does. Post away.

Reactions: angusyoung

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Re-watch the first one and pretty sure you'll say the same thing. It's no longer''new'' and fraught with absurdity.

...I've actually recently re-watched the original Jurassic Park with my grandsons...yes, it's absurd, but it was and still is an entertaining movie...the new one was just 2 1/2 hours of my life gone...and I can't afford to lose those hours these days...:laugh:

Reactions: ArtPeur

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
There doesn't seem to be much on TV to watch these days but I checked out the first 2 episodes of the new Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow FX series "The Old Man" recently and I thought it was pretty decent and I'll continue to watch.

peate

Smiley
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Season 3 of the Orville not bad so far, but the new Star Trek, with Anson Mount is very good. Makes much more sense than Discovery, or Picard

I just got started with BCS' final season. Soo good.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
They should have combined all of those stories together and cut the fluff but Disney needs to milk the money.

...apparently, after the commercial failure of Solo (which I actually liked), Disney is worried about making more Star Wars movies not directly tied into the main storyline...which is a pity, because this Obi-Wan would have made a great feature film, imo...

Reactions: dinodebino

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Top Gun 2 was out of this world, truly surprised how much fun I had

Stranger Things season 4(sans last 2 eps) has been GREAT , much better then that fall off 3rd season, eager for the end of season

Reactions: dinodebino

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad