OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Damn thats clever :laugh: There's no way anyone missed that in the MCU imo.

Also there's something very, very weird about her never getting the name "Captain Marvel."

Yeah, it seemed pretty specific but who knows, maybe it’s just nothing. He does tear the sandwich in half after cutting it.

As for not calling her Captain Marvel, the characters in the MCU do typically go by their actual names mostly. I know they say Captain America or Iron-Man at times, but it’s mostly Steve and Tony. I don’t recall but I don’t think they ever called Natasha “Black Widow” or Clint “Hawkeye”.

Or, maybe Danvers prefers to be called “Avenger”.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yeah, it seemed pretty specific but who knows, maybe it’s just nothing. He does tear the sandwich in half after cutting it.

As for not calling her Captain Marvel, the characters in the MCU do typically go by their actual names mostly. I know they say Captain America or Iron-Man at times, but it’s mostly Steve and Tony. I don’t recall but I don’t think they ever called Natasha “Black Widow” or Clint “Hawkeye”.

Or, maybe Danvers prefers to be called “Avenger”.
I'm sure Ive heard Hawkeye before... Not sure about Blackwidow, but they usually name drop it somewhere.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Saw John Wick 2 for the first time earlier today. A little bit stunned as for how much I liked it. There aren't too many action movies I've enjoyed this much.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Saw John Wick 2 for the first time earlier today. A little bit stunned as for how much I liked it. There aren't too many action movies I've enjoyed this much.

If you haven't seen the Raid and the Raid 2 watch them. I hate action films and these 2 are overall masterpieces and i also found the two John Wick movies quite good, they still don't compare here

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Rise of the planet of the apes (2011): ★★★★
Dawn of the planet of the apes (2014): ★★★★
War for the planet of the apes (2017): ★★★★1/2

Probably one of my favourite series of all time, I don't know why. I think the cinematography in the 3rd was unbelievable as well, so perfectly shot.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

Speaking of dweebs, I got my Endgame tickets early this morning. All set for the 27th (was completely sold out on the 26th).

I thought it was ok but didn’t enjoy it as much as the first.

If you haven't seen the Raid and the Raid 2 watch them. I hate action films and these 2 are overall masterpieces and i also found the two John Wick movies quite good, they still don't compare here

Both were great movies. The Killer still ranks up there for me as well.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If you understand french, '' Le monstre " is a good show just a notch below Fugueuse. It's based on the book of Ingrid Falaise a victim of domestic violence.

Fugueuse was excellent. This Le Monstre suggestion must be pretty good, then, even if a notch below.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Looks fantastic. Joaquin is such a good actor

Feels like he's been waiting in the shadows for a long time. I haven't seen one of his movie since.. so long. I was looking at his movies on IMDB and I was surprised to see how good they are rated by the Metascore... yet I've barely seen any of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad