OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Just got back from seeing Captain Marvel. I went into it knowing nothing about the movie and even less about the character.

Was quite enjoyable.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Reservoir Dogs cliché story, weak construct and almost no character development. The positive: Good twist ending.
Pulp Fiction: ugh! cheesy lines abound and the briefcase had Wallace's soul in it, really? QT was just pulling **** out of his ass, had no real plot but it was so different for its time it was hailed as something awesome. It is not.
Jackie Brown, I don't even remember ever finishing it.
Kill Bill 1&2 fluff gore, cheesy lines again and ridiculous characters. Trailer trash cowboy holding on to a Japanese katana of near mythical status that everyone is fighting for, fluff gore meets spaghetti western meets oriental martial arts. Yeah, not a Hodge-podge of everything thrown in a blender with water fountain blood spatter.
etc...

Beautiful post lol. This is how I feel about almost all of QT's work.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
A beautiful lady once forced me to watch every single one of them before DDay.

I made it through and it wasnt worth it.

I'll admit, on first watch it wasn't so bad to me. I would have given it maybe 7.5/10 but on 2nd watch it's closer to a 6.

It's one of those series that showed promise. First movie was OK, but the 2nd one was a big step up which was refreshing to see since it usually goes the other way. But then the 3rd and 4th were awful.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Not sure how people consider the Hunger Games trilogy one of the greatest of all time. So overrated imo.

They probably have never seen Lord of the Rings, Star Wars IV, V, VI, ... or even the 3 Blade movies

It's probably the same people who loved Twilight ._.

Reactions: Runner77

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
"I wonder if Spider-Man 3 is really as terrible as I remember"
-Me, 2h19m ago

aa0.png

I cannot believe this movie exists

Reactions: Redux91

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
They probably have never seen Lord of the Rings, Star Wars IV, V, VI, ... or even the 3 Blade movies

It's probably the same people who loved Twilight ._.
Blade 3 is one of the worst movies ever made
It’s all sorts of bad Triple H , lol. That was cringe worthy

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
You haven't watched many vampire movies.

Or watched The Howling movies.

There are many worst movies out there.

I haven't seen Underworld 5, but #4 was horrible.

Vampire in Brooklyn was epic... epically bad. Bloodrayne was terrible and I only watched because of the hot chick.

30 Days of Night I enjoyed but the sequel was pure garbage. They actually made vampires somewhat scary again as the Blade movies I think did a pretty good (or bad depending on how you look at it) of making vampires NOT scary.

Mind you, I'm not even a fan of Blade. I've seen them maybe 2 or 3 times each and that's about it.

I liked Blade 1 and 2. I though 3 was meh. Could have been great but a lot of wasted opportunities. I wasn't a big fan of how Dracula, sorry "Drake" (WTF?), was both cast and portrayed.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Here for Hutson's monster thighs
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I haven't seen Underworld 5, but #4 was horrible.

Vampire in Brooklyn was epic... epically bad. Bloodrayne was terrible and I only watched because of the hot chick.

30 Days of Night I enjoyed but the sequel was pure garbage. They actually made vampires somewhat scary again as the Blade movies I think did a pretty good (or bad depending on how you look at it) of making vampires NOT scary.

I liked Blade 1 and 2. I though 3 was meh. Could have been great but a lot of wasted opportunities. I wasn't a big fan of how Dracula, sorry "Drake" (WTF?), was both cast and portrayed.

30 days is an adaptation. Probably one of the best modern vampire movies.

I quit Underworld after the turd act.

peate

Smiley
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Remember Primrose Everdeen who used to post here and make the occasional GDT?

I got curious as to where her username name came from, then I got Hunger Pains after 15 minutes. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad