Blue Jays Discussion: Let the post-winter-meeting, pre-spring-training baseball withdrawl commence!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Again, I don't think you actually know what you're mad about. You started off moaning and complaining about Shapiro and Atkins, and now all of a sudden you're upset that the team isn't spending enough money.

If you want to complain about the way the money is being spent, then sure, that's on Shapiro and Atkins (although it's mostly on AA).

If you want to complain about the amount of money being spent, that's on Rogers.

It sounds like you're just mad at everyone and looking to justify your frustration.

Pretty sure he also said he wouldn't have given Price that contract as well so...

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Some times he looks like that, others not so much. ex end of season, start of season. His health is always in question.

End of season? Did I miss the part where his 33 inning scoreless streak ended and he got lit up? Did they secretly keep playing after he was the most dominant pitcher in all of baseball for the last four months of the season? Or are you specifically referring to the fluke leg injury in the playoffs?

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
End of season? Did I miss the part where his 33 inning scoreless streak ended and he got lit up? Did they secretly keep playing after he was the most dominant pitcher in all of baseball for the last four months of the season? Or are you specifically referring to the fluke leg injury in the playoffs?

Now now. He cut his finger with a blender that one time four years ago before he was a dominant setup man. Also, to be fair, derpa der.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005

Start of season anointed closer failed miserably, picked it up when the pressure taken off and he was replaced. No doubt we would be Series Champs if he had not sustained that fluke injury.

mikebel111*

Start of season anointed closer failed miserably, picked it up when the pressure taken off and he was replaced. No doubt we would be Series Champs if he had not sustained that fluke injury.

He was not a closer. I know what a shock a player struggles when he is in a role that he is not fit for:sarcasm:. Lol at thinking he succeeded because the pressure was off. Give me a break:laugh:

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Don't you realize its all part of a master agenda by FreeBird

Did you read the article by Peter Gammons on Jays .com, he agrees with old FreeBird, any thing is possible for Jays this season but in 2017 their going off the Cliff when several free agents contracts are up, and the unloading of the farm system will catch up with them. Especially the lack of Pitching from the top to bottom of the system.

Yours Prudently

FB :popcorn:

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Did you read the article by Peter Gammons on Jays .com, he agrees with old FreeBird, any thing is possible for Jays this season but in 2017 their going off the Cliff when several free agents contracts are up, and the unloading of the farm system will catch up with them. Especially the lack of Pitching from the top to bottom of the system.

Yours Prudently

No wonder AA fled the scene of the crime that he master mined.

mikebel111*

Yours Prudently

I guess you listen to dumb people when they say stuff like, our farm is empty. Our farm is pretty decent[but hey why would you want that?] The pitching is better than what we started last season with[again why say that part, right?]

The more the one knows:popcorn:
Sincerely

Non biased against Toronto Teams

No wonder AA left, cause the team is well built that he made, and has a good future!
I hope this helps you understand

Last edited by a moderator:

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
He was not a closer. I know what a shock a player struggles when he is in a role that he is not fit for:sarcasm:. Lol at thinking he succeeded because the pressure was off. Give me a break:laugh:

Having your spring training while the regular season is ongoing doesn't necessarily bode for good results. But yeah, pressure and clutch. Dinner Navarro and other loud noises.

mikebel111*

You must agree with him, that's why you took the low road and painted him a Red Sox minion. You can do better.

So your a Red Sox fan than? Red Sox known for failing at buying championships, maybe the writer is actually a Jays fan?

I knew it!

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012

Yours Prudently

Yeah, it's going to be tough going into 2017 with only Josh Donaldson, Troy Tulowitzki, Russell Martin, Devon Travis, Kevin Pillar, Dalton Pompey, Chris Colabello, Marcus Stroman, Marco Estrada, JA Happ, Drew Hutchison, Aaron Sanchez and Roberto Osuna anchoring the team. However will they manage?!?!?

And also the $50 million annually freed up by the departing free agents...

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Yeah, it's going to be tough going into 2017 with only Josh Donaldson, Troy Tulowitzki, Russell Martin, Devon Travis, Kevin Pillar, Dalton Pompey, Chris Colabello, Marcus Stroman, Marco Estrada, JA Happ, Drew Hutchison, Aaron Sanchez and Roberto Osuna anchoring the team. However will they manage?!?!?

who cares about 50 million when they're just going to waste it on 4 Happ-like players :sarcasm:

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005

Looks old, suspect in proven prospects to me, 50 million for one proven starter if they can find one to come. 50 million won't get you 70 HR's.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Looks old, suspect in proven prospects to me, 50 million for one proven starter if they can find one to come. 50 million won't get you 70 HR's.

Um... it will, actually. It would get them Bautista and Encarnacion if they wanted it to.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Of the 40 players (34 prospects, six "top under 27") listed in the wonderful Kylie McDaniel's Blue Jays organizational analysis from March of last year, the following has occurred:

- twelve were traded away in various transactions
- two of the twelve were Liam Hendriks (45 FV) and Kyle Drabek (45 FV)
- of the ten prospects, only three were 50+ FV (Hoffman, Castro, Norris); three were 45 FV (Jairo, Tirado, Tinoco); the four other were sub 45 FV

- of the remaining twenty eight, seven significantly raised their stock (Travis, Alford, Urena, Tellez, Greene, Perdomo, Pillar).

This, of course ignores any draft picks signed (Harris, etc.) or international signings (Guerrero, etc.).

But yeah, dry cupboards and other derpa.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/1...piazza-voted-cooperstown-baseball-hall-famers

Ken Griffey Jr sets the BBHOF record by receiving 99% of eligible votes in favor of his enshrinement, beating out Tom Seaver (98.8%) for the overall record and Cal Ripken (98.5%) for the position player record.

Mike Piazza also made it in, but I haven't seen a voting result for him.

Missing the cut though are Jeff Bagwell (71.6%, argh) and Tim Raines (69.8%, ARGH).

If I'm not mistaken, new rules only give players 10 years of voting eligibility provided they receive enough votes year-to-year to remain on the ballot. If that's the case, Raines has one more shot to get in (Bagwell has 4) and it will be a ridiculous travesty if he doesn't make it before it becomes a Veterans' Committee decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad