Blue Jays Discussion: Let the post-winter-meeting, pre-spring-training baseball withdrawl commence!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Just wanted to say that Roy Halladay has some balls going after Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens. Wow! I did not know he had that in him. When he made those comments, I was shocked!

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I'm pretty sure he never actually considered that one.

Leaked emails show that AA inquired about Norris and said Sanchez is untouchable. Stros came back and said a deal around Stroman. AA comes back and asks what the + would be on top of Stroman and Astros came back and said probably Gose. This is probably where talks broke off as AA said he'd get back to the Astros later on

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Leaked emails show that AA inquired about Norris and said Sanchez is untouchable. Stros came back and said a deal around Stroman. AA comes back and asks what the + would be on top of Stroman and Astros came back and said probably Gose. This is probably where talks broke off as AA said he'd get back to the Astros later on

“AA texted JL and asked what a package around Stroman might look like. JL said Stroman + Gose would be in consideration.â€

That could mean a lot of things. It could be just AA negotiating and getting a feel for how serious the Astros are about moving Norris, it could be that he was gathering information to see what the Astros would be willing to add to Norris to get Stroman... who knows?

I think what's pretty clear is that the Jays had no intention of moving Stroman for Norris. If they were willing to do it, Stroman would be an Astro.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
That could mean a lot of things. It could be just AA negotiating and getting a feel for how serious the Astros are about moving Norris, it could be that he was gathering information to see what the Astros would be willing to add to Norris to get Stroman... who knows?

I think what's pretty clear is that the Jays had no intention of moving Stroman for Norris. If they were willing to do it, Stroman would be an Astro.

That's like saying Sabean considered a Rios for Lincecum deal

Exactly - context, context, context. If it were seriously considered, there'd be a lot more dialogue in those emails. By all accounts, AA is the kind of guy who will sit and talk with a GM for ages even if he has no intention of doing anything. The reason? The more you can get a guy to talk about players, the more intel you can gather to use in later negotiations, or to extrapolate broader information/intentions. AA was a very cerebral GM; I'd bet that a large portion of his conversations weren't anywhere close to trying to make a genuine deal.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Exactly - context, context, context. If it were seriously considered, there'd be a lot more dialogue in those emails. By all accounts, AA is the kind of guy who will sit and talk with a GM for ages even if he has no intention of doing anything. The reason? The more you can get a guy to talk about players, the more intel you can gather to use in later negotiations, or to extrapolate broader information/intentions. AA was a very cerebral GM; I'd bet that a large portion of his conversations weren't anywhere close to trying to make a genuine deal.

Yep. The response we would all like to see when teams makes those kinds of demands in trades is "AA laughs and hangs up the phone". Realistically, teams don't act that way.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
The former Cards scouting director who was fired in the wake of the Astros hacking scandal (which is where those Norris conversations come from) has pleaded guilty to committing the hack. He faces up to 5 years in prison for each of the 5 charges he has against him for unlawful access to a protected computer.

Chances are he won't get actual jail time (and in the grand scheme of things, he really shouldn't), but that's still pretty damn serious.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Omg that would be a sweet deal. Basically gives us a right handed Cecil and give us a 1-2-3 punch as effective as anyone else.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
We had an excess of outfielders, we had a pen need. We just traded the highest paid outfielder to acquire a nice reliever and used his salary for the pen all in 1 deal. Awesome deal.

Storen projected to make $2.1m more than Revere. But at least that money is now in an area of need. We're a better team after this deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad