Speculation: Leon Draisaitl maybe the highest paid NHL player

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
How did Drai and McDavid do? Believe me, I didn’t miss a second. I held the watch party for my town in Game 7, which finished with one of the biggest parties in the history of Alberta.
Drai was clearly physically compromised in the last two series and McDavid 6 goals and 21 points in those 13 games so....yeah.

Reactions: Duke74

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Draisaitl was awful in that series, and it continued into the finals. Not sure what excuse I need there?

How did Drai and McDavid do? Believe me, I didn’t miss a second. I held the watch party for my town in Game 7, which finished with one of the biggest parties in the history of Alberta.
McDavid won the Conn Smythe FFS

your team is the biggest laughing stock in the history of professional sports but you still attempt to troll...:laugh:

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta
McDavid won the Conn Smythe FFS

your team is the biggest laughing stock in the history of professional sports but you still attempt to troll...:laugh:
No trolling at all. McDavid had most of his points in the finals in one game (after his team was up 3 goals already) and Draisaitl did NOTHING.

It’s fact. The stats don’t lie.

I pray they pay Drai 14+. I want him to be an oiler forever!

Reactions: DingerMcSlapshot

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
No trolling at all. McDavid had most of his points in the finals in one game (after his team was up 3 goals already) and Draisaitl did NOTHING.

It’s fact. The stats don’t lie.
I love this narrative: "the Oilers have no depth, McDavid and Drai do it all!"

when the depth scores: "McDavid and Drai did nothing!"

so we either got "depth", or McDavid and Draisaitl "do it all"...which is it? lol

I pray they pay Drai 14+. I want him to be an oiler forever!
hey me too! him and McDavid are beasts in the playoffs and actually know how to win series, unlike some other high paid players...

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
But if the market treats goalies like RBs thats what they are worth. Goalies are volatile so why shouldnt they be discounted. I just dont really see him trying to get the most money he can as anymore than that. Setting benchmarks blah blah. I dont think he cares nor should he care.
You know what they are worth - what they get on the market. Saquon Barkley certainly got his bag. Why? Because he can do what 99% of RB's can't. The fact that teams think that they can win with an average running back doesn't mean that most NHL teams think they can win with average goaltending. (And I get that the Av's did, which certainly impacts your approach to goaltending, but that Cup team wasn't necessarily replicable under "normal" circumstances.)

If my team could build around any goalie in the league - Swayman would either be #1 or #2 on the list. That's worth something. And Swayman hasn't been volatile, so why should he take a discount because goaltending is hard to project?

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta
I love this narrative: "the Oilers have no depth, McDavid and Drai do it all!"

when the depth scores: "McDavid and Drai did nothing!"

so we either got "depth", or McDavid and Draisaitl "do it all"...which is it? lol

hey me too! him and McDavid are beasts in the playoffs and actually know how to win series, unlike some other high paid players...
Except when they play eastern teams……. Just be thankful the Oilers play in the worst division in professional sports.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Pay the man. It's that simple.

That contract won't close the window, not finding a way of getting rid of Nurse's might make it abit harder to keep that window open. Oilers need a legit 1D and a Netminder that can carry when the going gets tough.

Get out of here with that needing a #1. A club Ekholm and Bouchard isn’t lacking a top end D. That narrative is old and needs to die

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Except when they play eastern teams……. Just be thankful the Oilers play in the worst division in professional sports.
Yeah, losing to the Blue Jackets and the Canadiens in the first round was a true gauntlet for the Leafs wasn’t it…

At least you can put a “Best Division Ever” banner up in your barn.

Nah. Vancouver had no goalie and were banged up. Demko in = Oilers out.
Drai, McDavid, Kane all injured through the playoffs. Don’t be disingenuous and at least keep your argument consistent.

You’re less of “LivingRentFree” and more of “SayBullshitToTroll.”

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
No surprise. Then McDavid beats him the following season. Elite player.

Just sucks for Edmonton that Nurse had that outlier year on the last year of his previous contract. Without that deal, they would be sitting pretty even with potentially the #1 & 2 contracts in the league.
Or if klefbom didn't get hurt nurse wouldn't have been our #1

Not as good as the Florida Panthers. Just like the other 31 teams no one will remember from 2023-2024.
People do remember second place tho

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Draisaitl was awful in that series, and it continued into the finals. Not sure what excuse I need there?

a Leaf fan questioning how another teams players did in the playoffs especially the stanley cup finals, god damn I hate my teams fanbase sometimes. They made the god damn finals. Your little boy wonder Matthews disappears EVERY playoff hes been in and has seen the 2nd round 1 time!! but hey, go off kid.

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
You missed my point. He put up a lot of points but many off his assists he really had very little to do with is the point I was making. His numbers are clearly inflated by a historic pp and being stapled to the best player on the planet.

Goals I'll give him that see above for the other.

The oilers feasted on the pp against Silovs. Quinn was excellent containing #97. He may have had more points but there's more to being a dman than points. Quinn was only on the ice for two goals the entire series.

Vancouver also played the entire playoffs conservatively trying to insulate Silovs.
Still wondering, how much AAV do you think Bouchard is worth?

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
This isn't really news. Draisaitl has earned the right to ask for pretty much whatever he wants. Regardless of the hating fans here, if Draisaitl was a UFA, every team would have a conversation and I can't think of a single one that wouldn't make it work if he said "I want to come to your team for this price". A 100 point centre who produces at an even higher rate in the playoffs is not something you don't want on your team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad