Lefebvre Discussion

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016

There's tons of teams in the same shape as us or better in terms of annual playoff contention with better prospects, and development, and they've traded picks too.

There's NO excuse for the fact this hockey club hasn't drafted a home run since 2007. TEN YEARS!!!!

Did you know that since 2004-2005, we missed the playoffs only 3 times? Did you know that since 2004-2005, we drafted in the top 10 only 3 times? Do you know who are the guys Timmins drafted the few times he had a chance to pick in the top 10?

2016: 9th overall Sergachev (that got us Drouin)
2012: 3th overall Galchenyuk (one of the weakest drafts ever, we still managed to do alot better than EDM and CLB while only Forsberg in the first round looks like a better pick right now than Galchenyuk..still, while a bit late, his progression is probably not done yet)
2005: 5th overall Price (WTF?? We already have Théo, why didnt Timmins pick Brulé?)

How better could Timmins do tell me???

If you take a look at the other drafts since 2005, 2006 is possibly the only year you really can blame Timmins for selecting Fisher at 20 over Giroux, still 20 other teams passed on Giroux..

2007: 12 th overall McDonagh + 22th overall Pacioretty + 43th overall PK Subban (Are you kidding me??? 2 franchise defensemen + a permanant 30 goals scoring winger the same year with a 12th 22th and 43th pick? Thats possibly one of the best drafts in the NHL history considering what spots Timmins drafted them.. Take a look at the other teams since 2005, can you name me 1 other team that came close to hit 3 homeruns like this in the same draft?

2008: no first round pick

2009: 18th overall Louis Leblanc (Louis Louis Louis Louis the fans were chanting in their building.. Timmins made alot of people happy selecting the Quebecer that finally busted some years after.. Still, if you take a look back to see who are the other players worth mentionning selected after in the first round, you have Kreider, Johansson Palmieri + Ryan Oreilly Klingberg and Silverberg early 2nd round.. Could Timmins have done better? sure but who is blaming him here, he didnt miss any standout players while alot of the first rounders picked before and after Leblanc have busted as well)

2010: 22nd overall: Tinordi (not his best pick but still a very late one, if you take a look at the players we missed worth mentionning, there is Kuznetsov picked 26th overall, could have been a great pick thats for sure but the guy never played in the CHL and it was a very big risk to take a Russian at that point cause of the KHL rise.. Charlie Coyle, Brock Nelson and Justin Faulk (37th OV) are the only guys picked around having a decent NHL carreer.. Still, you can hardly blame Timmins for missing here considering the poor quality and quantity of good players available around that spot.

2011: 17th overall Beaulieu (high risk high reward type of pick, didnt pan out as expected, still, not a bad pick at that rank, Habs could have drafted guys Klefbom Danault Namestnikov Jensen Rakell Jenner Saad.. Thats some interesting players around where we picked, but no real impact players..

2012: 3rd overall Galchenyuk (extremmely weak draft, Im pretty sure no one will criticize Timmins' pick here ;) )

2013: 25th overall BigMac (Im still happy with the pick personally considering what was around, Shea Theodore and Ryan Hartman are the only players worth mentionning at that point)

2014: 26th overall Scherbak (it sucks that Pastrnak was selected just before us, will you blame Timmins for that?)

2015: 26th overall Juulsen (How not to like this pick at 26 seriously? Juulsen might end up having a better carreer than alot of first round picks in this draft, personally I think he is a pretty sure thing to become a good second pairing D)

2016 9th overall Sergachev (time will tell how good he will be but as someone who watched him alot last year, his celling is absolutely great.. Bergevin got a former 3rd overall pick in return and possibly one of the most purely skilled kids in the NHL)

I think that sum up Trevor Timmins's job pretty well regarding his first rounds work and TBH, thats an incredible job he made.. Try to convince me otherwise.

As for the other rounds, I will let you judge by yourself, but I dont think thats bad at all..

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
When Gainey was done and Gauthier was even worse I would have never imagined that the next GM would be even more incompetent. That is the case however

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
Terrible decision but was expected. It is time for this organization to recruit some fresh blood to improve.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
MB and Sly are buddies.............the development issues are not because of da coach, but it's back on da player...under Bergie, coach's are never held accountable...

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
So MB going to fix drafting then or we going to pretend all is well.

Vegas just passed on taking some of the teams top prospects in DLR and Hudon. No one wants Lefebvre as their assistant too.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
MB keeps saying he's happy with the job Lefebvre is doing in the AHL but no one asks him to explain why he thinks that. I can't see how anyone can possibly defend this decision. If it's not Lefebvre's fault no Habs draft picks are NHL ready then the problem lies elsewhere but yet MB see's no problems anywhere and blamed the players. What a mess this front office is.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
MB keeps saying he's happy with the job Lefebvre is doing in the AHL but no one asks him to explain why he thinks that.

He'll just say it's not the playstation. Journalists asked him a couple of time to explain things but he always dodge the questions using some stupid rhetoric. I guess journalists don't want to lose their time anymore.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
So MB going to fix drafting then or we going to pretend all is well.

Vegas just passed on taking some of the teams top prospects in DLR and Hudon lol

We have no prospect that makes any team go wow. We now are a version of the habs that resembles the Theodore days, we have Drouin and that will satisfy the appetite for a franco star but the rest of Rome is clearly on fire. Expect the unexpected my ass.:laugh::laugh:

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
Just once I'd like to see someone in the media challenge Bergevin....please give us one good reason your satisfied with your ahl coaches mediocrity.

36681719.jpg

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Did you know that since 2004-2005, we missed the playoffs only 3 times? Did you know that since 2004-2005, we drafted in the top 10 only 3 times? Do you know who are the guys Timmins drafted the few times he had a chance to pick in the top 10?

2016: 9th overall Sergachev (that got us Drouin)
2012: 3th overall Galchenyuk (one of the weakest drafts ever, we still managed to do alot better than EDM and CLB while only Forsberg in the first round looks like a better pick right now than Galchenyuk..still, while a bit late, his progression is probably not done yet)
2005: 5th overall Price (WTF?? We already have Théo, why didnt Timmins pick Brulé?)

How better could Timmins do tell me???

Getting it right in the top 5 ? Good but not a great accomplishment.

If you take a look at the other drafts since 2005, 2006 is possibly the only year you really can blame Timmins for selecting Fisher at 20 over Giroux, still 20 other teams passed on Giroux..

Why only 05, what about 03 and 04? Kots over Carter and Chipchura over Zajac? 2 top 6 C right there.

2007: 12 th overall McDonagh + 22th overall Pacioretty + 43th overall PK Subban (Are you kidding me??? 2 franchise defensemen + a permanant 30 goals scoring winger the same year with a 12th 22th and 43th pick? Thats possibly one of the best draft in the NHL history considering what spots Timmins drafted them.. Take a look at the other teams since 2005, can you name me 1 other team that came close to hit 3 homeruns like this in the same draft?

2007 was a great draft no one disputes that.

2008: no first round pick

2009: 18th overall Louis Leblanc (Louis Louis Louis Louis the fans were chanting in their building.. Timmins made alot of people happy selecting the Quebecer that finally busted some year after.. Still, if you take a look back to see who are the other players worth mentionning selected in the first round, you have Kreider, Johansson Palmieri + Ryan Oreilly Klingberg and Silverberg early 2nd round.. Could Timmins have done better? sure but who is blaming him here, he didnt miss any standout players while alot of the first rounders picked before and after Leblanc have busted as well)

2010: 22nd overall: Tinordi (not his best pick but still a very late one, if you take a look at the players we missed worth mentionning, there is Kuznetsov picked 26th overall, could have been a great pick thats for sure but the guy never played in the CHL and it was a very big risk to take a Russian at that point cause of the KHL rise.. Charlie Coyle, Brock Nelson and Justin Faulk (37th OV) are the only guys picked around having a decent NHL carreer.. Still, you cant hardly blame Timmins for missing here considering the poor quantity and quality of good players available around.

2011: 17th overall Beaulieu (high risk high reward type of pick, didnt pan out as expected, still, not a bad pick at that rank, Habs could have drafted guys Klefbom Danault Namestnikov Jensen Rakell Jenner Saad.. Thats some interesting players around where we picked, but no real impact players..

You give TT credit, but in the same paragraph mention all the great players he missed and say how can you blame him? Re read what you wrote, how can you not blame him is my question. You listed like 20 better players than the guy's he chose but he should be left off the hook? 3 bust in a row but how could Timmins have known how can we blame him LOL. Who wants Kuznetzov or Klefboom or O'Rielly. Who needs Faulk or Krieder of Johansson.?

2012: 3rd overall Galchenyuk (extremmely weak draft, Im pretty sure no one will criticize Timmins' pick here ;) )

2013: 25th overall BigMac (Im still happy with the pick personally considering what was around, Shea Theodore and Ryan Hartman are the only players worth mentionning at that point)

2014: 26th overall Scherbak (it sucks that Pastrnak was selected just before us, will you blame Timmins for that?)

2015: 26th overall Juulsen (How not to like this pick at 26 seriously? Juulsen might end up having a better carreer than alot of first round picks in this draft, personally I think he is a pretty sure thing to become a good second pairing D)

2016 9th overall Sergachev (time will tell how good he will be but as someone who watched him alot last year, his celling is absolutely great.. Bergevin got a former 3rd overall pick in return and possibly one of the most purely skilled kids in the NHL)

Theodore/Hartman are ahead of Mac right now and have more value I would take them in heartbeat over Mac. Pasternak was drafted 1 spot before, but what about HoSang. And I think Beauviller might have a better career than Julssen taken 2 picks after him. Already played in the NHL. Serge got us Drouin, but Chychurn is in the NHL and some say McAvoy has passed him. Not to mention 3 big C's taken right after him.

I think that sum up Trevor Timmins's job pretty well regarding his first rounds work and TBH, thats an incredible job he made.. Try to convince me otherwise.

As for the other rounds, I will let you judge by yourself, but I dont think thats bad at all..

Not sure how after what you wrote you can say TT has been doing a great job in the 1st round. You basically listed 20+ players better than the guys we chose but just said its not Timmins fault how can you expect him to ever get it right.

He had a great 2007 but outside of that his 1st round picks have been disappointments to out right busts. Price at 5 great move. AG at 3 good move in a crap draft. The rest sucks.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Just once I'd like to see someone in the media challenge Bergevin....please give us one good reason your satisfied with your ahl coaches mediocrity.

36681719.jpg

I posted that it was Molson that stepped in and hire Julien and posters laughed at me, he never wanted to fire MT, that decision was made for him, he is a moron.

PecnoTrunk

Dec 20, 2014
I posted that it was Molson that stepped in and hire Julien and posters laughed at me, he never wanted to fire MT, that decision was made for him, he is a moron.

Hard to believe that cause I'm assuming molson is asleep at the wheel. Mr mcgoooo blind

Besides owning the team does Molson participate in trades or anything , what exactly is his role? Does he own 100% of the team ? If not where are the other owners ???

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
To be fair, Lefebvre has basically nothing to work with, he is doing the best he can with the players he has, he has no magic wand to make Scherbak's lower body stronger, he has no magic wand to make Hudon stronger and faster, no magic wand to increase McCarron's skills level ect ect ect.. Habs have drafted low too many times in the first round in the last couple of years and traded too many early round picks for immediate help at the deadline.. I think people are being too harsh on Lefebvre when he has so little to work with.

Seriously, so its JUST drafting is it.
l285295703.jpg

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
I know nothing about Sly as a person or his skills/talents but there are a bizzilion different types of jobs that have nothing to do with coaching, that have no relation to coaching. Unless he's a terrible person, I can't see how he couldn't find a job doing something in the NHL industry (please let me be right, he can't be the coach again...)

If Mario Tremblay can get a job on TV in Montreal no less, I'm sure Sly can. :laugh:

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Hard to believe that cause I'm assuming molson is asleep at the wheel. Mr mcgoooo blind

Besides owning the team does Molson participate in trades or anything , what exactly is his role? Does he own 100% of the team ? If not where are the other owners ???

Bergevin did not want to fire Therrien, how many times did he defend him before doing it? He only holds the players accountable and not his cronies.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Sylvain & Nick: Developing prospect (singular) since 2012. At least the Rockets have their motto now: "No Future."

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
[/B]

We have no prospect that makes any team go wow. We now are a version of the habs that resembles the Theodore days, we have Drouin and that will satisfy the appetite for a franco star but the rest of Rome is clearly on fire. Expect the unexpected my ass.:laugh::laugh:

When he throws away Chuck for a washed up 2nd line center and has no reason to do so, but gets a 7th thrown in, some will say it was a genius move :shakehead

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Meh, I was expecting it to be honest. The part where he can't get a job as an assistant coach anywhere in the league and Bergevin still hires him back is pretty funny though.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Beaulieu is literally the best product of our development system lol and its by a ridiculously large margin too.

And in fact, Beaulieu started to play like an NHL player when paired with a veteran like Gonchar. Just with that someone should get a clue that no good advices are given down there.

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal

Such a stupid and dumb outcome. Just can't believe this.

NOBODY has kept their AHL coach with such a poor record. Nobody.

I rarelly comment, dumb move.. Stupid move.. This guy's useless. Our youth from down there is either traumatised or drunk.

:thumbd:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad