Lefebvre Discussion

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
And all this again, came as Sylvain Lefebvre himself, one of the worst coach in the history of this franchise, TOLD the Habs to wait the **** up for him, that they weren't his first choice, that he had to see what was out there, and would come back when and if it pleases him.

Geez, would people be surprise if Lefebvre is even able to get a 3 or 5 year contract out of Bergevin?

:laugh:

What happened to this organization, man?

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
And all this again, came as Sylvain Lefebvre himself, one of the worst coach in the history of this franchise, TOLD the Habs to wait the **** up for him, that they weren't his first choice, that he had to see what was out there, and would come back when and if it pleases him.

Geez, would people be surprise if Lefebvre is even able to get a 3 or 5 year contract out of Bergevin?

That's why I refuse to believe this. Also Louis Jean has never broken any news. What was the last thing he said that never happened ?

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016

Such a stupid and dumb outcome. Just can't believe this.

NOBODY has kept their AHL coach with such a poor record. Nobody.

To be fair, Lefebvre has basically nothing to work with, he is doing the best he can with the players he has, he has no magic wand to make Scherbak's lower body stronger, he has no magic wand to make Hudon stronger and faster, no magic wand to increase McCarron's skills level ect ect ect.. Habs have drafted low too many times in the first round in the last couple of years and traded too many early round picks for immediate help at the deadline.. I think people are being too harsh on Lefebvre when he has so little to work with.

Last edited:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Not surprised but still a joke. It must've crushed MB to have to fire his good buddy MT. The lack of accountability with the Habs organization is a serious problem right now.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I have a hard time believing this. It makes MB look so bad. Sly is coming back with his tail between his legs after having failed to convince anyone important that he was anyone. And we're welcoming a guy back with open arms who wanted something else ? What a joke this is.

Fire Timmins or fire Sly. We have so few prospects pushing to have an impact, this is truly unacceptable. Good prospects on ELC are the key to building a cup team. How are we satisfied with the current situation ?

I refuse to believe this rumor until it happens.

Have you heard Bergevin today? I know...just talk....but how stupid would he look if after saying to the press how he was totally fine with the AHL coaches and Timmins and Co and then would fire one or some? Impossible. He is actually really fine with all of those guys. And people wonder why we are so skeptical with this guy. As inconsistent as you can find. You will not go further with a guy like that.

Timmins say that the prospect pool is great 'cause Bitten and Mete has been invited to the Canada summer camp. This is an argumentation that is not even HF caliber. How many canada Invitees were never good NHL'ers. Or even NHL'ers? Yeah, we liked those picks. I was amongst the first to love those picks...awesome value at that ranks....but do you really talk about your resume of the past years through only those guys? And the rest goes into the **** happens category?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
To be fair, Lefebvre has basically nothing to work with, he is doing the best he can with the players he has, he has no magic wand to make Scherbak's lower body stronger, he has no magic wand to make Hudon stronger and faster, no magic wand to increase McCarron's skills level ect ect ect..

Then fire Timmins and Churla. Doing nothing is fire worthy.

If nothing is done to help drafting and or development then Molson should do what he has to do.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
To be fair, Lefebvre has basically nothing to work with, he is doing the best he can with the players he has, he has no magic wand to make Scherbak's lower body stronger, he has no magic wand to make Hudon stronger and faster, no magic wand to increase McCarron's skills level ect ect ect..

Sorry, I will never get this. Okay so Lefebvre has nothing to work with. Fine. So fire the guys that weren't able to get something. But nope...'cause Timmins is awesome and one of the best in the biz says Bergevin. So whose fault it is? Solely the players!!!!! Accountability where are you?

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Dominique Ducharme just twiddling his thumbs back home. Such a stupid move.

My money is on Ducharme being the next coach.

Bergevin is just trying everything he can to push his good friend into a NHL position somewhere. If he had already hired Ducharme it would make Sly look terrible so they're waiting before they announce the deal to give a chance to Sly to find something else. MB is a good friend like that. No way he's signing Lefebvre back.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

So you're saying it's pointless to have a developmental coach!

Quick call every team in the history of the world and tell them to hire high school kids for minimum wage!

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Then fire Timmins and Churla. Doing nothing is fire worthy.

If nothing is done to help drafting and or development then Molson should do what he has to do.

Exactly. I dunno who the problem is I only know that the return on pick investment is complete dog ****.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
My money is on Ducharme being the next coach.

Bergevin is just trying everything he can to push his good friend into a NHL position somewhere. If he had already hired Ducharme it would make Sly look terrible so they're waiting before they announce the deal to give a chance to Sly to find something else. MB is a good friend like that. No way he's signing Lefebvre back.

I highly doubt Sly finds anything in north amercia. Nothing point to him being a good coach or even assistant.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
So you're saying it's pointless to have a developmental coach!

Quick call every team in the history of the world and tell them to hire high school kids for minimum wage!

I'll never understand the argument that coaches don't matter. If they did not matter they would not be paid that much money.

How much is paid Sly? Would not be surprised it's over 100 000+ which for AHL is a very good salary. It's better than most people having important job out there.

Coaching doesn't matter much for the likes of Crosby or McJesus. But for others coaching ids very important up to around 23-24 years old. After that there's no much you can do outside of keeping them in line. But before that you can still teach valuable things and they can make the difference between a solid 3rd line NHL player and an AHLer or journeyman.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
-Barely made the playoffs once
-Only one regular that played under him in 5 seasons and that player didn't even spend a whole year in the AHL
- Special teams are a mess

All of this on top of 2 team relocations. How this doesn't scream "fire" beats me.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Sorry, I will never get this. Okay so Lefebvre has nothing to work with. Fine. So fire the guys that weren't able to get something. But nope...'cause Timmins is awesome and one of the best in the biz says Bergevin. So whose fault it is? Solely the players!!!!! Accountability where are you?

Yeah it's a complete joke right now. MB earlier praised Timmins for being great and Lefebvre for doing such a great job. :dunno:

Yet there isn't a player currently on the Habs right now that has graduated from the AHL under MB's and SL's watch in the past 5 years of players drafted by Timmins other than Galchenyuk during that time frame.. I have no idea how this is acceptable and with no one being held accountable for all this failure. :shakehead

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Vomit.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad