Signing(s): LeBron signs with the Lakers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Marks was saying earlier how Lakers will have a tough time adding anyone worth mentioning unless they find a taker for Deng and even then it'll take multiple 1st's.
Yup. He is on the books for another two years. That is the problem they have for trading for Kawhi. They have no one other than him that would match the salaries up. So he would probably have to be included unless they get another team involved. He is such a negative asset that him going to Spurs would only drive the price up more.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Voight now a LeBron supporter

I have always been.a Bron supporter. His story is incredible as is how he put all his friends on & they all became successful. I don't think he is or ever will be considered the GOAT but thats not a bad thing.

I actually like the Lance Stephenson signing. I think he'll work very well with LeBron. I see people comparing him to J.R. Smith but honestly, if anyone is going to be the JR of the Lakers, it's KCP and his never ending quest to jack up as many 3's as humanly possible.

He needed to fill his quota of having that one teammate who makes bonehead decisions during the game.

The Meme Council probably made this one happen.

LaVar

Jul 31, 2013
Funny take since the East champ will benefit from facing a thoroughly beat-down West Champ. Warriors will have to battle through some combo of Davis, LeBron, Harden, KAT, Mitchell, Doncic, Jokic, Westbrook, George, Lillard, Paul, Wiggins, Butler, Gobert, Ayton, etc.

Easiest path was through the East. This is all about his brand and to segue into movies. Such a lame, contrived "star."
So he stays in the East and people say its not impressive because the conference is complete garbage, and when he goes to the West hes lame?

What exactly is he supposed to do here? You just sound like a hater to me.

LaVar

Jul 31, 2013
The fact that you included Wiggins in there as hes a good player or something makes this even funnier.... reeks of cluelessness.

Reactions: Virtanen18

XLJ

Jan 4, 2010
Makes a ton of sense for Lebron off the court. He is getting in producing films etc. On the court he put a lot of pressure on himself. Every Laker star has won championships, he needs to win at least 1. That would be impressive though if he can win titles for 3 different franchises.

Also, that was such BS his whole "coming home to Cleveland" campaign .. He came back because Wade and Bosh were washed up. Lebron is only about himself (nothing wrong with that).

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
38.5 M per year. Wow.

And he is worth every penny. It's just staggering.

Nobody is worth that much to put a ball through a hoop. I get fair market value and all that but it's absurd.

I always liked the Lakers but with James and Ball on the team I just cant. Aint no Kobes shaqs or Magic around any longer.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I actually like the Lance Stephenson signing. I think he'll work very well with LeBron. I see people comparing him to J.R. Smith but honestly, if anyone is going to be the JR of the Lakers, it's KCP and his never ending quest to jack up as many 3's as humanly possible.

I think they were too quick on these moves. It's possible KCP was a part of the deal and the Lakers threw another bone to Klutch sports for delivering LeBron but they didn't need to use that exception on Lance right now. It would've been better to just wait it out and see if someone better settled for that amount to play with LeBron.

Marks was saying earlier how Lakers will have a tough time adding anyone worth mentioning unless they find a taker for Deng and even then it'll take multiple 1st's.

Yeah, paying KCP $12M pretty much took them out of that. They could rescind the Randle QO and free up money but you're probably not going to find a better player than him for that amount. I don't know how they'll do it but I still believe they'll find a way to get Kawhi.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
So, no other superstars surrounding James (and given the cap situation, you'd think this will be hard to get) and no knock down shooters. Seems legit.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I have no clue what they're doing after signing LeBron. When I mentioned rescinding Randle's QO, I didn't think they'd turn around and immediately hand that money to a non-shooting 32 year old PG. We'll have to see if they can get another star and how it all looks in the end but right now this roster makes zero sense.

Apr 28, 2010
WHat the heck are they surrounding him with? hahha. Lance ****ing Stephenson and LBJ together I can't believe it

It's a must-watch TV though, you gotta admit :laugh:

And then you add Rondo and Jaaaavvvvaaalllee McGee. Can't wait to watch Lakers vs Warriors!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad