OT: HFPens Community Lounge: Or Ogrezilla and LOGiK's Nerd Thread ;)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
This website is good about it, mostly because it has a very strict no politics board. I think the only time it was a mess was in the COVID threads, which rightfully got shut down after how much of a mess they were.

I think it's overly simple to say "this all boils down to the 2016 election", because there was a lot of shit brewing that went under the radar before then, but you'd be insane to argue against it being a major factor. That election emboldened both shitty people who loved Trump and shitty people who hated Trump to become more radical and more polarized, and social media is the obvious outlet for that because there are no consequences for it. Especially if you hide behind a fake account.

Now 8 years later, people are just openly shitty on these social media platforms because they've done it for 8 years with pretty much no consequences. No matter where you sit politically, you can find somewhere to be a piece of shit online and face no consequences for it.
Not to be political (in this case a piece of shit Radio jockey that rose to prominence for feeding into the minds of the deranged and hateful), but when an absolute shit stain of a bloke like Rush Limbaugh had the popularity he did, it was bubblin' for a while mate. But a certain Cheeto looking :eek::eek::eek::eek: took his shtick and went hard in the paint with it around that time and it gave a lot of shitty people this new found courage to suddenly be hateful and vile because someone that thinks like they do was in a very powerful role, much to dismay of everyone sane.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
So this DIddy thing, he has his own Maxwell and likely a pretty filthy list of famous people that have frequented his parties and I hope this time, he doesn't get Epstein'd and is found accidentally on purpose, committing suicide or something like that. Because unlike the last time, I'd like to see shitty famous assholes and powerful losers get in real shit for their disgusting acts.

I don't think anyone on that Epstein list will ever get in shit, I suspect there's just too many big names on there that they don't want to see the light of day being dragged into court for the chain reaction it will cause for all of them ratting each other out.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
So this DIddy thing, he has his own Maxwell and likely a pretty filthy list of famous people that have frequented his parties and I hope this time, he doesn't get Epstein'd and is found accidentally on purpose, committing suicide or something like that. Because unlike the last time, I'd like to see shitty famous assholes and powerful losers get in real shit for their disgusting acts.

I don't think anyone on that Epstein list will ever get in shit, I suspect there's just too many big names on there that they don't want to see the light of day being dragged into court for the chain reaction it will cause for all of them ratting each other out.

This is Epstein 2.0

Nothing will happen to the elites (celebs, politicians, etc) because there’s a true deep evil at work

Puff will go to prison. Perhaps will die by "unnatural causes" because he knows too much

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
You know what always floors me about Canada, the amount of racism and hate there actually is here. You're made to believe it's this amazing cultural melting pot that is accepting of everyone and while it is for a lot, there's also a massive rise in how many that aren't happy about that being the case anymore. Lately I've noticed this intense rise in South Asian hate, I dug into this a little more, it seems before this the focus was on how the Chinese were taking over the lower mainland and how Richmond was basically China, the signage, the jobs that require you to speak Mandarin or Cantonese when trying to work in Richmond or even parts of Burnaby now, but that seemed to taper off for the new focus of hating South Asians, which I find odd because it's filled with some intense vitriol and more so than the hate Asians were getting by a large margin. I mean every "group" has its bad apples but the way each social media platform is taken over locally by this rampant hate is just astounding.

My wife is on tik tok and all the social media platforms you can post messages on - Instagram, Tik tok, Threads, X, etc. She follows mostly local things because of her work and because she still likes exploring this place. We look at the food places because Vancouver, Surrey, Burnaby have some amazing small local restaurants that rival some of the over hyped Michelin bs restaurants over seas and in the US and occasionally you follow these Vancouver hot spots and news and anytime it's an accident or an incident in Richmond or Surrey, holy shit is it vile.

I also noticed the moderating on those comments is next to non-existent. If you mention certain wars going on for certain countries, you see that content moderated to death, but legitimate hate comments are almost never taken down. I told me wife to report a couple of comments out of curiosity, these were so blatantly over the line comments that it'd get anyone here banned permanently, we took screenshots to see if it was going to get taken down and saved the post for reference. A week went by, got a notification that it didn't violate any rules, so we pulled up the rules, it did violate it and we also learned they use an AI to moderate.

You know, the biased AI towards poc that even Google had a hard time explaining, that Instagram moderators specifically program to look for certain things, which apparently isn't to moderate racist comments towards Asians, South Asians, Black, or Latino's.

I think one of the craziest I saw was this one video my wife showed me on Tik tok of a truck driver that flipped his truck and ran into something, immediately the comments were "this is the new canada with these new Indian immigrants that cheat to get licenses" and the bloke in the truck which you see in the video is caucasian. Some are definitely bots, but some have their literal names and links to their instagram accounts and are mom's and dad's and teenagers, it's just so vile.

It sucks having to follow these accounts, I mean cool we got to find a place called Say Mercy! off of Fraser and King Edward, fantastic Italian cuisine, mediocre Negroni's though, but then we see the comments on an Indian restaurant and it's like wow...grow the f*** up people. My wife and I still get the bs being Black (bi-racial but no one knows until they get to know me and ask) and my wife being Vietnamese but American born, eventually we just become numb and blind towards it after a while, just ignoring the looks or off hand comments, but you'd think at least on social media where there's kids being heavily influenced by the garbage people post, that they'd moderate it better. Don't even get me started about how these OF tossers exploit hashtags, my wife's friend was telling me how her son is 12 and he loves lego so he followed lego hashtags and the parents monitor his account as they're able to on Instagram, well she showed me how these OF peddlers will post thirst traps as being lego fans with a "spicy link" on their page, so kids being kids and curious...it's like you can be careful and idiots will still find a way to affect you because they don't care how they negatively impact others with their behavior.

Maybe the current "political" hate towards people has me angry enough to talk about this without getting into politics but seriously, it's gotten bad everywhere.

/Rant

Twitter (obviously the worst) and even Reddit now have complaints about immigrants in the comments of any post about Canada.

I get why the government is bringing in more because we don’t have the population to cover the mass retirements and a declining birth rate.

Now first year immigrants particularly from a different culture aren’t going to help the economy too much in fact it’s probably a slight hindrance but when they have kids and the 2nd,3rd,4th etc generations come through that’s when we get the real benefit. There’s no way to bypass this process unless the dumbass’s want the economy to turn to 💩 which they’ll never understand that because they’re dumb racists.

On the flip side we have a housing crisis and a health crisis which a lot are oblivious to the latter. So we need more infrastructure being built as quick as possible to make it as smooth as possible but housing in Canada is a commodity and unfortunately no government in Canada will do anything to change that. From a healthcare perspective they’re laying the groundwork to privatise.

So essentially Canada caters to big interests and the can gets kicked down the road via our heads.

I might have to go back to Australia 🤔 It has its flaws but I don’t want to grow old in Canada the way it’s trending.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Twitter (obviously the worst) and even Reddit now have complaints about immigrants in the comments of any post about Canada.

I get why the government is bringing in more because we don’t have the population to cover the mass retirements and a declining birth rate.

Now first year immigrants particularly from a different culture aren’t going to help the economy too much in fact it’s probably a slight hindrance but when they have kids and the 2nd,3rd,4th etc generations come through that’s when we get the real benefit. There’s no way to bypass this process unless the dumbass’s want the economy to turn to 💩 which they’ll never understand that because they’re dumb racists.

On the flip side we have a housing crisis and a health crisis which a lot are oblivious to the latter. So we need more infrastructure being built as quick as possible to make it as smooth as possible but housing in Canada is a commodity and unfortunately no government in Canada will do anything to change that. From a healthcare perspective they’re laying the groundwork to privatise.

So essentially Canada caters to big interests and the can gets kicked down the road via our heads.

I might have to go back to Australia 🤔 It has its flaws but I don’t want to grow old in Canada the way it’s trending.
Yeah I know what you mean, in my case if I am going to wait for care in Canada if we say up here when we'd eventually need it, I'd probably die before getting it, whereas I know with money I can get the care I need and when I need it in the States, I'd probably not to back to the UK as I don't really see that as a possibly at all at this point in my life or in the future.

They're making it so the only way to see actual doctors or to even get a diagnosis via MRI, XRays, Ultrasounds, etc is only with privatization, which is unfortunate really. Doctors/Physicians all complained about this for years, that they're over loaded, too many are leaving for more money elsewhere, etc, and they just acted like oh well we'll just wait for more Doctors to finish school, well yeah, you think they want to stay as well? It's like the Nursing shortage as they want to call it, well the rotation is absolute shit, you have so many burned out working some ridiculous hours and rotations and then you have a bunch of others that have to play the seniority game because of how OT works and then Unions and you're fear mongering a shortage that doesn't exist but is entirely created by shit processes.

The lack of doctors, family physicians, this trend of online doctors, waiting over a year to even get an MRI or other things just to find out what you may need to get surgery on, Canada has been trending towards this for a long time and there's no real wanker in charge to blame, it was something that was going to crater the longer it kept going on.

The housing crisis here is comical, they had issues with money laundering and this housing crap going on since the 80s and knew about it since the 90's and haven't done anything real about it since except just whine about it in "campaigns" to trash one another while neither side has ever done anything about it when they had their go.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad