News Article: Lebreton project

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
Leaf fan from Brockville, this reminds me of the Raptors/Leafs dueling arena plans.Someone close to me and the negotiating said relax, this is big money dealing going on here, all of a sudden it comes together. And it did, what resulted was MLSE. Hopefully that’s what happens in Ottawa.

This is different, I think most Sens fans actually don’t want this to happen with Melnyk involved at this point, everything he touches eventually turns to shit. The Lebreton Flats development will significantly change the dynamics of the Ottawa-Gatineau region, it’s not just about a new arena. It HAS to be well done, we need people who are dedicated to the success of this project.

Today’s news was good IMO, it proves that he has no money and that he can’t afford to continue running the Sens at this rate. If Melnyk can’t piggy back on the Lebreton development because he brings nothing more than a tenant for the arena, it suddenly makes his only asset (the Sens) much less valuable in an eventual and inevitable sale of the team. There now seems to be a 2 month deadline or this current group might lose the bid, all his current partners must be furious. It sounds like for once, it’s not the government that’s slowing things down. They want things to move forward.

Reactions: Sensung

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
This could be a disaster. The NCC is finally ready and willing but the winning bid's public face decides to fight with other businessmen instead of getting things done. The city is of no help. Watson and the other self-serving demagogues on city council will be looking out for themselves and not the best interest of the city.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I wonder if it's a coincidence this news comes out on a night where there is no NHL games.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Can everyone who lives in Ottawa take a second to really soak in the most amazing fact that has come out of all of this?

Probably, for the first time ever, it's the NCC who is putting pressure on a private business to help speed up the process of a major development, and not the other way around.

That has to be the biggest slap in the face. When the NCC is telling you to hurry up, it must feel like getting KOed by a 90 year old woman.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Surprise, surprise, Melnyk doesn't want to, and probably can't, pay for ****.

Just wait until Ruszkowksi's press release tomorrow to try and change the narrative. "The Senators are pleased to announce that Mr. Melnyk has been approved for a new Visa Avion credit card. This new source of credit reinforces Mr. Melnyk's financial stability and will allow him to purchase lunch for Mr. Ruddy at the next round of negotiations. We are confident that in return, Mr.Ruddy will fund our arena."
Best post ever.

Reactions: TheNewEra

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
How do they win the bid with a fancy model and no money? And the who is going to pay for things like ... well the fn arena .. is not even a factor

I'm pretty sure Eugene expected Ruddy to pay for everything. His only contribution was bringing the Sens, and expected a big payday for it. Understandably, no one is going to stand for that kind of setup.

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
I'm pretty sure Eugene expected Ruddy to pay for everything. His only contribution was bringing the Sens, and expected a big payday for it. Understandably, no one is going to stand for that kind of setup.

Do you think Melnyk should be using his own personal savings to fund some project? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Engineer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad