News Article: Lebreton project

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Thing is, this affects players.

If there's uncertainty about where this team is going to play, how financially viable it is, or whether Melnyk will try to move it in 3-4 years because he can't get a downtown stadium, star players like Stone and Duchene are less likely to commit here for 8 seasons.

If they sign it's because they want to live in Ottawa, not Quebec City.

It's just another unknown to add to the list, when there are already so many.

Wouldn't it have been nice to go to Stone in January saying, "You're going to be the captain, and in 3 years when we're making our run, you're going to get to play in this amazing, new state of the art arena, and you're going to be the face of it all. Not only that, but this move will give us the resources we need to build a great team around you"?

What do you say now? "We're going to continue playing in a rink that's proven to not be viable financially and has caused us to run a bare-bones organization, and if fans don't start making the 35 minute drive, we might move the team somewhere else."

Great!

Yeah, I know. Sigh.

Ultimately, we have an NHL arena that does the job.

My concern is not so much that, it is more the finances that will further dismantle the team. Stone is the only jersey I have ever bought. Love Duchene.

Big powerplay. Game of chicken. Not good. Whom is going to blink first here...

Reactions: Henderson1972

Eat The Rich

Jun 17, 2017
The perception may change, but the fact does not. The customer still holds the balance of power in any sales situation. If the customer doesn't want what you're selling, you can ***** and moan about it all you like but it still won't put money in your pocket.

Absolutely agree. I'm just thinking back to Melnyk's comments at the Heritage Classic, mixed with countless news articles re: Millennials.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I would like to subscribe to your newsletter on this topic, please.
Boys I wish I could accommodate you but I heard it after I got home from work. PS I stopped for 3 pints after work and my memory is not what it used to be. I remember it touching on things that we know but it’s a bit more of a deep dive. Hopefully it goes up on their streaming service soon. They have that don’t they?

icefishing

Feb 9, 2018
Really not a reply, rather a question.
Not trying to take sides or throw oil on the tire fire..
When I read the Devcor plan before the winning bid, if I recall there was no arena planned until late 20 or early 30 something? If this fiasco falls apart where might it go.
###
I live a long way away and weap.
"If I tell you that I like the kids despite the corporate stuff, please don't flame me - wish they had stability."

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
cmon man at least throw up a quick hitter

More of the same. Melnyk screwing up. Melnyk tight on cash. Scanlan and the rest of the media know stuff that they aren't reporting. Not sure why.

CTV said Melnyk does not want to put his money in. ????? I think Darryl Katz has been counseling him. Ruddy is going to laugh in his face all day long. Wish we knew more than that

Take a Bath Son

Jan 15, 2018
Melnyk has issued a statement

“"We've championed a downtown sports and entertainment [district], arena and this important civic project since initiating our proposal in 2014. We continue to be committed to making our vision a reality," he said.”

New Ottawa Senators arena project in peril | CBC News

I keep thinking back to Anselmi apparently saying he wanted to get away from the craziness

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
More of the same. Melnyk screwing up. Melnyk tight on cash. Scanlan and the rest of the media know stuff that they aren't reporting. Not sure why.

CTV said Melnyk does not want to put his money in. ????? I think Darryl Katz has been counseling him. Ruddy is going to laugh in his face all day long. Wish we knew more than that

Also said Melnyk and Ruddy haven't spoken since early this year

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
Melnyk has issued a statement

“"We've championed a downtown sports and entertainment [district], arena and this important civic project since initiating our proposal in 2014. We continue to be committed to making our vision a reality," he said.”

New Ottawa Senators arena project in peril | CBC News

I keep thinking back to Anselmi apparently saying he wanted to get away from the craziness

Oh that is a relief. I thought this was going to fall through. It seems that Melnyk is committed to making this vision a reality. So all is good.

Reactions: Take a Bath Son

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Well, this is unfolding pretty much as I thought it would. More uncertainty to follow,

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Gotta think the league is taking a serious hard look at Melnyk at the moment. He has caused nothing but pain to this franchise, one of the most toxic owners in league history.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad