News Article: Lebreton project

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Jesus. I would ride high on a wave of emotions. My loins would tremble and release all at once. That is just the kind of **** I like to see.

I think it would be a real emotional time for most Sens fans, legit I would likely celebrate the sale similar to what I anticipate a cup celebration for myself would be like....w are talking a multiple day event here, nice to dream positively once and awhile these days!

Reactions: Sensung

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Can you see the NHL bog,
really allowing this to continue??
Yes, other owners will be leery of giving the appearance of a fan revolt driving out an owner. Can you imagine Katz giving the Edmonton fan base any indication that they have the power to oust him.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Best case scenario for many involved is he loses Lebreton. Devcore wins it, builds an arena, and starves him out of all CTC events outside of hockey. It may still cost us our core, but that is what I can see happening.

I think, and hope, we see a much more expedited outcome. The second the Lebreton bid is taken away from Melnyk, any leverage he had in selling the franchise goes out the window, and the value plummets. He was probably willing to continue skinning this franchise and operating it via debt-financing for a few more years with Lebreton in the works as the eventual pot of gold... but if that's gone?

If the relationship with Ruddy is irreparable, I think it's in Melnyk's best interest to negotiate the best possible price in the next 8 weeks. Let's hope!

It's just too bad that Melnyk rarely acts in his own best interest.

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
I still can't imagine anybody letting this fail. There's too much money involved.

If this goes back to Devcore (and we effectively lose two years), then I can imagine the BOG, uhm, encouraging, EM to get out, or get in bed with Desmarais if he'll have him.

I guess Leeder was the glue holding it all together. Wonder if the new group would hire him.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yes, other owners will be leery of giving the appearance of a fan revolt driving out an owner. Can you imagine Katz giving the Edmonton fan base any indication that they have the power to oust him.
Nothing to do with fan revolt,more to do with the owner not being able to afford what is in the team and therefore the league,s best interest...Is what you meant right???

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I think it would be a real emotional time for most Sens fans, legit I would likely celebrate the sale similar to what I anticipate a cup celebration for myself would be like....w are talking a multiple day event here, nice to dream positively once and awhile these days!
I'd be down for a Parade in January from Elgin to Wellington to Richmond.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
I still can't imagine anybody letting this fail. There's too much money involved.

If this goes back to Devcore (and we effectively lose two years), then I can imagine the BOG, uhm, encouraging, EM to get out, or get in bed with Desmarais if he'll have him.

I guess Leeder was the glue holding it all together. Wonder if the new group would hire him.

Once the team is sold, I'd expect both Leeder and Alfredsson back in the fold. Maybe not in their old roles, but in some capacity. It would be the first step in repairing relationships with the Ottawa business community and fans.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Nothing to do with fan revolt,more to do with the owner not being able to afford what is in the team and therefore the league,s best interest...Is what you meant right???
If none of the fan revolt stuff like the dumb billboards was publicized then sure I could see the other owners pushing him out but no owner wants to give the impression that fans have any power.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Once the team is sold, I'd expect both Leeder and Alfredsson back in the fold. Maybe not in their old roles, but in some capacity. It would be the first step in repairing relationships with the Ottawa business community and fans.

Absolutely. Those two guys are working in the background TODAY and they are a natural fit under any new ownership as the missing links to the community that buys tickets.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Absolutely. Those two guys are working in the background TODAY and they are a natural fit under any new ownership as the missing links to the community that buys tickets.
Source ?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
If none of the fan revolt stuff like the dumb billboards was publicized then sure I could see the other owners pushing him out but no owner wants to give the impression that fans have any power.
And the reasoning behind the billboards???Is exactly what I said ,he doesnt have the money to correctly run the franchise let alone build a new arena ....He is a billionaire in the Barbados,but not here in Canada

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
And the reasoning behind the billboards???Is exactly what I said ,he doesnt have the money to correctly run the franchise let alone build a new arena ....He is a billionaire in the Barbados,but not here in Canada
You lost me man. What are you saying.

RaMai

Mar 6, 2011
Canada

First of all, source?

Nice, first those dummies don't give Euge the $$$ he deserves. And now the protect him of being ousted because billboards...

Just one thing I'd like to know from you, what drugs?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
You lost me man. What are you saying.
EM already has demonstrated he doesnt have the money to run the team,let alone build an arena...The billboards arent the reason as to why EM is in hot water,its because he isnt the billionaire he claims to be

Take a Bath Son

Jan 15, 2018
shocker situation. Trinity's 65 storey tower just outside the RVL zone sort of hinted at potential issues.

Next steps for Melnyk:

1. He is sane, sells the team in the next 2 months.
2. He is sane, is holding out for the best financial outcome from Trinity-willing to take it to the 11th hour.
3. He is insane, lets the deal fall through and insists on keeping the team.
4. He is somewhat insane and realizes whoever replaces at Lebreton may need a team (potential seller) and holds out to sell to them. There are a number of variables that make this a very risky and potentially disasterous move.

By bet is 3 or 4, most likely 3. Owning this team seems to be a fabric of his existence, much to our detriment.

Another note-those twitterbots last week kept mentioning that Eugene saved the team from Bankruptcy. In light of today's events, those comments, really take on a more personal projection, validating and justifying in manner, coming from EM himself.

Sell the team, please. Pick option 1 Eugene.

Reactions: coladin

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

Fans have all the power. They're the customers, and can decide to spend or withhold their money. A business is only a business because of customers, and the NHL, alongside every other owner, knows this.

There's a reason why "the customer is always right" is a common phrase.

Reactions: Sensung
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad